Fixing the server

"This is a parrot- and that is a chicken! Mumbo-" Iskall turned to face his wild friend. Mumbo Jumbo had fallen to the ground, flabbergasted. His mouth was gaped open wide, and he was staring straight at...

An extremely large, egg-laying parrot.

~~~~

Zedaph flew around his cave, adding lights and decoration. "Doo doo doo, working on my baaaaase! Getting it done, getting it done," he sang happily.

Ding ding ding

Zed's communicator went off and he walked around, trying to find it. Letting his ears lead the way, he eventually found it buried in a pile of junk.

<Tango> Zed? Can you come to Toon Towers?

Zedaph scratched his neck warily. Hopefully Tango was okay, and not hurt or something. Without replying, Zedaph walked through the door and flew off into the wind.

*time skip bc a description of Zed flying would be boring*

About 5 minutes later, he could see Toon Towers looming over the landscape, but he didn't see Tango yet.

Zedaph went through the door, looking around for Tango. "Oi! Tango? Where are you?" He shouted.

<Tango> can't talk. Come to my brewery

Zedaph gave his communicator a weird look. How could Tango hear him from his brewery, which was high up in the air? And why couldn't he talk?

Nevertheless, Zed flew over to the brewery and started looking around. He eventually found Tango sitting in the corner, curled up in a ball, shivering.

Zed laid his hand on Tango's side, but pulled away when he felt like his hand had entered a snowy district. "Are you alright? You're- you're freezing cold."

Tango slowly rolled up into a sitting position. His eyes had gone from dark red to a steely grayish-blue. His once golden hair looked bleached, and it was white on the tips.

His once devilish red wings had disappeared completely, and Tango's skin looked extremely pale, like he was sick or something. But he didn't seem sick. Just cold.

Slowly, Tango raised his arm and pointed over to the other side of the brewery. Zed's gaze followed his finger- it was Etho.

Etho was curled up in a tinier ball than Tango had been, so Zedaph hadn't even seen him. He had wrapped himself in something that looked like a blanket, but when Zed got closer he realized it wasn't a blanket at all.

It was devilish red wings.

Etho's once pale skin had gone darker, as if a polar bear had gotten a sun tan. (Greeeeat metaphor, I know) His hair was no longer white, but black with streaks of red.

Etho still wore his mask, but the design had changed completely. It was black, with etches of red, orange, and yellow. Like fire.

Zedaph looked between both of them, and came to a shocking realization.

Hot and cold had switched.

Panicking, Zed scrambled to grab his communicator. He sent out multiple messages, to get people's attention.

<Zedaph> Xisuma!! I need you in Toon Towers right away
<Zedaph> now!
<Zedaph> anyone else that can come, please do!!

Breathing heavily, Zedaph paced the room. Tango had gone back to shivering, and Etho had just given up. He seemed to be asleep.

"What's the problem?" He heard from across the room. Xisuma had arrived. "Look- look, over here. Tango and Etho- they switched- I don't know what to do-" Zedaph stuttered as Xisuma approached the pair.

"Oh- oh my gosh. This isn't even possible. Guys, what happened?" Xisuma asked. "They can't talk. Tango's been messaging me-"

*sudden POV switch to X*

Xisuma rubbed his neck, his helmet getting in the way. "Zedaph- stay here. Message me if anything out of the ordinary happens."

Without waiting for a response, X flew through Tango's portal and back into his own. He went like that, jumping portals over and over again until he had reached his destination.

The control panel.

The control panel was very far away, and there was a certain portal hidden away that could get you there. Only admin used it, and most hermits didn't even know about it.

It wasn't a huge machine or device. Just a medium sized panel on a wall in a hidden bunker. Xisuma could use this to control the entire server.

He switched a few levers and wrote a bit of code. Suddenly, lots of dinging went off.

<iskall85> a chicken just turned into a parrot- a very large, egg laying parrot
<cubfan135> My entire pyramid just shrunk!! What's going on??
<stressmonster101> aye, me chimneys just blew fire like a dragon or somethin

Xisuma cringed at the thought of all of that. He quickly changed some wiring, hoping that everything would get fixed. When no one said anything for several moments, he assumed it had.

Xisuma opened a file marked "The Hermits" and peered inside. Inside was a description of what every single hermit had done in every single season, who they affiliated with, when they joined, who they were.

X opened Tango's first, and went straight to the section marked "Powers". There were a couple of hermits on the server with powers, but Tango and Etho were the major ones.

He changed some code on Tango, and changed some code on Etho.

<Zedaph> they seem to be getting better!

Breathing a sigh of relief, Xisuma carefully closed the files out. Sometimes whenever he did maintenance work, the files got intertwined or combined. That would explain why everything was acting so strange.

Closing out of the panel, he made sure to lock it and lock the door behind him. If anyone were to come and mess with the code, it could destroy the entire server.

He flew back into the portal and eventually came back to Toon Towers, where Zedaph was waiting. Tango and Etho looked mostly back to normal, but their hair was still the same.

"It might take a while to grow out again, guys. But to be honest, I think it looks nice," Xisuma laughed. Tango frowned. He didn't seem to be liking the whole "bleached blonde" look.

Etho looked happy again, back to his chilly self. The dark black and red hair would take some getting used to though.

Satisfied, Xisuma flew back to his base to sleep. It was almost night after all. Another day of Hermitcraft work done, and another day lay ahead.

~~~~

Hey guys thanks for reading

Please go check out the chapter I published right before this one (the one named "guys I need help- don't skip") I need some people to comment

Have a nice rest of the day

Vote or a baby mooshroom will grow up on its own with no parent to guide him/her/it