Finally

Woohoo! Finally done with the mini-series that somehow worked its way into the book. I had lots of fun writing all of those chapters, and if you haven't read them, please go check them out. They all have a star (*) beside them. In celebration of getting all the Resistance/HEP stuff over (for now), I'm gonna be writing some romance. I don't ever write anything romantic, but I love to read it, so we'll see. Enjoy!

Note: Everything that happened in those chapters are completely separate from all the one-shots. Scar isn't gone, the members of HEP aren't completely embarrassed, it's just one-shots, every one completely separated.
~~~~~~~~~~~

All the hermits were gathered around Mumbo's Spookification Shop, and they all wanted to have their skins back. It was 3 days after Halloween, and Mumbo still hadn't figured out a way to get everyone's skins back.

Some people, like Joehills and Xisuma, needed their old skins back. The Spookified versions- they were just too freaky.

Somehow, Grian and Bdubs had managed to reverse their skins, but it only worked because they practically switched in the first place. (Trust me, people like False and Iskall had tried reversing their skins, but just ended up with a bonk to the skull and a knot on their foreheads.)

Massaging her pained head, False spoke up. "Mumbo? Are you sure you even know how to make it work?" Mumbo bit his lip nervously.

Grian, who was watching nearby, giggled. He liked to watch Mumbo when he was nervous, it was always very amusing.

"Ah, yes, well, I'm trying to figure it out- it may take a little while-" Scar frowned, unamused. "We've been waiting for 3 days, Mumbo. Just tell us- do you have any progress?"

"I- um- yes, well-"

Stress stomped her foot loudly. "Everyone! 'E's trying as hard as 'e can! Just give 'em a chance." Everyone looked around awkwardly, and Stress smiled at Mumbo. "Keep going, luv,"

Mumbo cleared his throat and straightened his tie, thankful for friends like Stress.

"Uhm, right. Please give me a couple more days. I promise I'll figure it out."

And with that, Mumbo took off to the skies and back to his base.

*time skip brought to you by me, a writer who's trying*

Iskall hummed happily as he flew around his Omega Tree, every now and then placing a leaf or two. Just as he finished up his stack of leaves, his communicator chirped loudly.

He flew down and perched on a tree branch, pulling everything out of his main pockets. 24 shulker boxes, 1 more stack of leaves, half a stack of steak, random stuff like that. "Where did I leave my communicator?" He mumbled to himself. His communicator kept going off, but he still couldn't find it.

Sighing, he started going through the shulkers, but it was no where to be found. Finally, he found it buried in one of his pockets that he never used.

<stressmonster101> Iskall? Are you in your tree?
<iskall85> yes I am
<stressmonster101> can I come by?
<iskall85> anything for you stress

Iskall rushed down into the tree and started straightening up. The Omega Tree had always been neat and orderly, but recently it had gotten out of hand. Not many came by anymore, so he didn't spend time cleaning when he wanted to be working.

After about 5 minutes of working, Iskall heard the swish of an elytra come down into the heart of the tree. "Iskall? Iskallllllll?" Stress yelled before Iskall could even come out of the room he was in.

"Stress! I'm in here!" He called, emerging from his work space. Stress ran over to Iskall and wrapped him in a huge hug. Iskall grimaced then relaxed into the embrace, but Stress quickly (and awkwardly) pulled away. "Eh- sorry, I know you don't like to be touched-"

Iskall smiled. "It's alright. What's going on?" Stress bit her lip nervously. "It's- it's Mumbo." Iskall frowned slightly. Apparently Stress didn't want to hang out for a while, like Iskall wished she would. He would do anything for a visitor or two.

"'E's not been acting the same lately, and I want to make sure 'e's okay. Mumbo's your best friend, do yah know anything?" Iskall shook his head slightly, and Stress sighed.

Feeling a bit guilty that he didn't notice how his best friend was doing, Iskall quickly grabbed his elytra and pocketed some rockets. "Let's go visit him, okay?" Stress smiled, her eyes crinkling in the corners.

They flew off together in the direction of Mumbo's base, but no one was there. Shrugging slightly, Iskall and Stress made their way over to the Industrial District, for Mumbo had been spending lots of his time there.

Once again, no one was to be found.

<iskall85> anyone seen old MumboJumbo?
<TangoTek> afraid not
<Falsesymmetry> I haven't :P
<Grian> He's with me. Come to my base.

Stress and Iskall flew off again, this time to Grian's mansion. "Wow. This looks really good!" Iskall grinned at all the progress Grian had made.

Stress, however, flew straight in to find the former hobbits. They were sitting cross-crossed on the floor, playing cards. "Are- are you okay?" Stress mumbled, confused at the sight.

They looked up, seemingly just realizing Stress and Iskall's arrival. "Erm, well, Grian was just-" Grian sat down his cards and grinned like the little gremlin he was. "Mumbo's been going through a lot, and I didn't want him to be alone! He's my best friend after all!"

Iskall held back a sigh. Some friend he was. "So- you're okay? You seemed upset this morning," Stress piped up, a concerned look still plastered on her face.

Mumbo nodded graciously, though he still seemed kind of weird to Iskall. Grian and Mumbo went back to their cards, ignoring Stress and Iskall.

Iskall pulled Stress aside. "I- I think he's okay, Stress,"

"Bingo!"

"Uhm, Grian, I don't think that's how you play-"

"My house, my rules. We play my way today Mumbo!"

Iskall raised an eyebrow and focused his attention back on Stress. She nodded and chuckled at Grian and Mumbo, who were still bickering about how to play. 

As they strolled out of the mansion, Stress laid her head on Iskall's shoulder. "Thanks for coming with me," she whispered, and Iskall couldn't help but smile.

"I know it's silly, but he just seemed off-" Iskall turned and wrapped her into an embrace. "Nothing you think is going to be silly, Stress," he whispered back.

"You're the most caring and loyal person I've met. You're amazing," he sighed happily.

"You're not so bad yourself."

~~~~~~~~~~

Hi everyone! I hope you enjoyed this pretty long chapter! I've never actually written anything remotely romantic (and this wasn't very romantic) but I'm trying. Also thanks for over 400 reads! Please share, vote and comment if you liked it :)

1148 words