hiding*

Note: I know this fanfiction is supposed to be one-shots but a couple of past chapters and a couple of future chapters will be all connected.

Mumbo's POV:

Scar stepped inside my shop and sat down on the bed. "Please, sit," he urged to me and Stress. I gritted my teeth and sat down. This is my shop.

Stress was wiping the streaky tears from her cheeks. I don't know exactly why she was so upset, but Scar obviously wasn't helping.

"I have reason to believe that both MumboJumbo and Stressmonster are involved and a part of the Resistance." Scar whispered the last part and smiled devilishly.

Stress started to choke on the air, so I patted her on the back until she could breathe again. "I- aaauhhh- I have nothing to do with them." She punctuated her sentence with such disgust that I actually believed her for a second.

Scar clicked his tongue. "You know, that's the thing. I don't believe you." He pointed his finger at Cub, then to Stress.

"Empty her pockets."

Cub's eyes widened and he licked his lips greedily. What was wrong with this guy? He looked like he was about to eat a delicious feast.

Stress sniffled loudly and stood limply as Cub pulled 2 stacks of mycelium out of her pockets.

Stress looked terrified. "I- those- they aren't mine-" I pretended to look surprised. "Oh! I'm so sorry, those are mine! I've been using them at my base! I dropped them earlier and couldn't find them. You must've picked it up accidentally!"

Scar shook his head and smiled. When he raised his head again I took a close look at his face. His eyes were dark and sunken. His entire face had thinned out and his dark hair was unruly.

"You know, Mr. Jumbo- Can I call you that?" I was about to object, but he continued.

"I can tell you're lying, but someone needs to be punished. The Resistance is lying to you both. They don't want to "spread the spores" or whatever stupid thing they've been saying. They want obliterate the shopping district and everything in it."

He waved his arms around, as if he was presenting my shop to me. "And your shop will be caught in the middle, along with all your friends shops."

I stood up straight and smoothed back my mustache. "You, Mr. Mayor, are the one lying. At least the Resistance has courage to stand up to a crazy freak like you."

Scar shook his head.

"You shouldn't of said that."

Cub launched forward and grabbed my wrists, yanking me out of the shop. Stress shoved into Cub, but what could she do? Shifting me into one hand, he knocked Stress back with such force that she bonked her head on the wall and passed out.

I tried to reach for my communicator, but Scar snatched it out of my pocket before I could get to it. "No, no. None of that now," he grinned.

As Cub and Scar brought me to the Town Hall, the last thing I saw was Stress's face poking out of my door and into the street.

Please get help, I thought. I know I'm not actually apart of the Resistance, but I couldn't let Stress be taken away. She is very tough, but she wouldn't last an hour in jail.

Cub locked the door to my cell and slapped me upside the head.

"This is what you get for trying to rebel," he whispered. And then I was alone.

Wow! Pretty long chapter! I hoped everyone enjoyed, I had so much fun writing this. Obviously Scar would never be this harsh (and neither would Cub), this is just fiction. Please vote, share and comment!!