Please save me*

Stress's POV:

I shuddered as Mumbo was dragged away to prison. I had to get someone. I couldn't just leave Mumbo in jail, after everything he sacrificed for me.

I whipped out my communicator to message someone, but surely Cub or Scar would see. No, I had to do this in person.

I went through portal after portal and finally ended up at Iskall's Omega Tree (Of Doom), but no one was around.

^^
(please tell me you read that in his voice)

I didn't know who to go to. Ah, yes, Grian. He was Mumbo's best friend after all, and he was the leader of the Resistance. I swooped down into his base as fast as I could and started running around like a maniac, trying to find the little cod guy.

He was happily adding topiary to the exterior of his mansion, whistling as he went along. "Grian!" I hissed, keeping my head down. You never know who's watching these days.

He looked around, trying to find the source of the noise. Once he finally pin-pointed me, he flew up and looked around, confused.

"Wha-" I held my finger to his lips and shook my head. "No time. Mumbo is in prison because of the Resistance." His eyes flashed dangerously, and I continued. "Scar and Cub almost got me, but he took up the blame. We-" "Have to rescue him," Grian finished, and took off for his portal.

"Wait!" I called after him. "We can't just go running straight into the jail-" Grian flew over to his chests and grabbed random things. At least that I could tell... a lead, some string, 2 sticks, 5 wool, you get the idea.

I had never seen him like this.

He dashed through the portal and was gone, leaving me behind. I sighed and flew through the portal. Instead of going into the Shopping District, I went into other peoples bases.

About 10 minutes later, I had Impulse, Etho, Xb, Ren, and Jevin. We snuck into the shopping district and tried to find Grian. He wasn't in any shops or buildings. He wasn't in Decked Out or the Town Hall.

We all looked at each other nervously. I dashed into the prison, ignoring False, who was guarding the cells, completely. She tried to grab my arm and shove me out, but I pushed back and shot through the door.

I held back tears as my eyes landed on who was in one of the cells. Iskall was shoved up against a wall, rocking back and forth. "Iskall-" I called, but Etho came up from behind and led me forward.

"Grian. We have to help Grian right now," he whispered, and I nodded, blinking away tears. We found Mumbo before we found Grian. His eyes were red and his mustache was rumpled.

Mumbo was always the one who was put-together and neat. Seeing him like this, it was... unnerving. I rushed to the lock, fumbling to get it open. I saw Keralis in the corner of my eye, but Jevin grabbed his arm and pulled him away.

The lock would not open. I looked around for a key, a stick, anything. "Can anyone open it?" I asked. Impulse shoved his way to the front and stuck his finger in the lock, a face of sheer concentration. He fiddled around with it for a few minutes, and I tried to talk to Mumbo.

"Mumbo? Are you okay?" He looked up, and his eyebrows dipped down in anger. "You- this is all your fault-" I stepped back and grimaced.

"I know, I know, I'm so sorry- I'm trying to fix it-" I stuttered, but Xb grabbed my shoulders and led me away from the cell. "It's not your fault, Stress. He's just- it's hard."

I hated this. Being the weak one who couldn't do anything. Especially not protect her friends.

I walked towards Impulse to see how everything was going with the lock, but someone yelled, and it freaked me out.

"They're coming! All of them! Scar, Cub, Bdubs, False, Xisuma, Tango, they're all walking right towards us!"

Wow, 814 words. I hope everyone enjoyed this chapter, I really liked writing it. I want it to seem like the members of HEP are ruthless, and the members of the Resistance are scared and in hiding, but we'll see. Thanks for 150+ reads! Please share, vote and comment!!

Edit: my set up of chapters is extremely confusing (even for me) and I realize that in the last chapter, Tango went North at the end, and in this chapter he was back at the Shopping District. I just want to clarify that I will put stars (*) besides the chapters that are apart of this weird series and the rest are one shots. I really hope that clears up everything, but we'll see. You guys might not even be confused.