Rewrite of my first ever chapter (Pesky Bird)

I was like rereading my first few chapters and goodness gracious they're so bad

I felt kinda bad that new readers of the fic had to start with that nonsense so imma rewrite my first one here

(Also my first few chapters were so short??? Why???)

~~~~~~~

Grian scratched his chin, peering at his huge chest monster that had somehow grown larger than Scar's. For the third time, he quickly rifled through each shulker box and double chest, trying to find any rockets.

It seemed that he had used up the rest of his supply yesterday, when he and Iskall had gone looking for more elytras. And they had found the elytras, but Grian was all out of rockets and the materials to make them.

The responsible Grian lurking in the back of his brain said "go buy some," but Grian ignored that idea and continued to panic. You might be wondering why he's suddenly in need of a large amount of rockets, but you have to remember- Grian is a trickster.

So when he noticed his best friend standing in the middle of his overgrown base, eyes empty and mouth, hanging open, Grian knew that MumboJumbo was afk.

And you always have to mess with afkers.

Grian had a trap in mind, he knew what he was going to do, but he didn't have the rockets to get that high up in the sky or the patience to do it without rockets.

Time was ticking, Mumbo wouldn't stay afk forever. And Grian had been procrastinating buying rockets for about an hour.

"I should really use Scar's gunpowder farm more," Grian thought.

Defeated, Grian sat on the nearest shulker box and swung his legs, his feet not quite touching the ground. The sun beat down onto the back of his red sweater, and he brushed the sticky hair off his forehead.

There was a quiet swoosh from above, and Grian looked up to see his friend Iskall85 flying down and landed gracefully atop a chest. The Swedish man smiled and shouldered his diamond axe.

"Hi!" Iskall grinned.

"You scared me," Grian was unamused.

"Gree-ann! What are you doing?"

"Just sitting. Cant find any rockets." Grian mumbled angrily, looking down at his swaying feet.

"I have some rockets! And gunpowder too!"

Grian looked up at this bearded friend, who was holding out his hand to the small man. Grian took Iskall's hand and stood up. "Can I... can I borrow some?"

"Oh yes!" Iskall shuffled through his pockets and handed Grian a tied bundle of 64 rockets. "Just let me if you need anymore help Gree-ann!"

Iskall grinned and gave a sharp salute to the sweatered man and took off into the sky again.

Grian made the Debby Ryan face* and flew off in the direction of the mustached man, ready to cause some chaos.

~~~~~

Ayoooo
Hope this one is better than the original lolz

Anyway vote pls votes mean a lot to me haha

Also in case you live under a rock and didn't know, this is the Debby Ryan face: