"The Sorting"

Yayyyy!!! We reached 1k reads! I'm so happy guys, thank you. I'll keep spitting out chapters, and if you keep reading we can reach 10k!

Okay mushy stuff aside: for this chapter you need to know some stuff about Harry Potter. Not much, just what the houses are and what the attributes of each house are. If you want to skip this chapter you can.

Credit to my friend Trooper771 for the idea on this one.
~~~~

False swooped around in the air, wasting rockets and wasting time. She was bored. All her friends were working or shopping or something.

She felt like a little kid that needed to be entertained, and she didn't like it.

<FalseSymmetry> anyone NOT busy??

False sighed unhappily and put her communicator down. No one replied for about 10 minutes. By then False was ready to run on the walls.

Is this how Grian feels? She wondered. She flew up to the top of her base and shot straight down again. Over and over. Over and-

<impulseSV> I'm not doing anything. Wanna hang out?

False stopped midair, almost falling and dying. She rammed into the side of the wall and caught a ledge.

Rubbing her now sore arm, she pondered the situation. She never actually hung out with Impulse, but it'd be worth a shot. Right?

Mustering up her last bit of courage, she sent the message.

<FalseSymmetry> sure! Meet me at... the shopping district portal?
<Docm77> impulse don't forget those diamonds you owe me.
<iskall85> LOL

Laughing quietly, she shoved the communicator into her pocket and shot through her portal.

Impulse was already waiting when she appeared through the purple portal fluid. "Heya False! Whatcha been up to?" He asked.

She shook the shiny purple goo out her hair and smiled back. "To be honest, I've been extremely bored today." False laughed. Impulse grinned back and they started walking... towards no particular direction. (I don't know where they're going okay)

They walked and chatted, doing normal Hermit stuff, but strangely it wasn't awkward. False and Impulse almost never interacted, but she could see this as a new friendship.

They had lots in common. They both loved to read and build, swim and just get away. Hang out with their friends, do silly stuff. But one similarity really stood out: they had both read Harry Potter.

Harry Potter was a series that most people knew about on the server, but most chose to not read it or just didn't have the time. But both False and Impulse had read it, and they both really liked it.

So as they walked, they started watching people. (It sounds weird, yeah, but just try it sometime. Don't stalk people but just watch them. They do some weird stuff)

They noticed Scar taking his daily stroll with Jellie, Grian flying laps around the Shopping District, Bdubs sleeping, Wels in his shop, Stress in Frankenstein's Monster. Lots of Hermits were out and about.

And all of a sudden, False had a brilliant idea. "What house do you think Bdubs would be in?" She asked. Impulse paused before answering. "Hufflepuff. Definitely Hufflepuff."

False thought about it for a moment. Yeah, she could see Bdubs in Hufflepuff. "What about.... Tango?" Impulse laughed loudly. "If I know Tango, which I do, I'd definitely say Slytherin."

So they took turns asking each other what they thought about everyone's houses.

"Xisuma?"

"Ravenclaw! Have you seen that man with his redstone and the building, not to mention the wiring of the server!"

"Doc?"

"Tough one... it's between Slytherin and Gryffindor. Give me a second- yeah, Gryffindor."

"Xb?"

"Probably Hufflepuff, I don't know 'em that well."

It went on like that for ages, until they had sorted almost every Hermit.

"One last Hermit. What about me?" False asked. Impulse bit his lip. "I don't know... you're smart and brave. Clever and kind. But I'd have to go with Gryffindor. You used to scare me a bit."

False laughed and smiled at him. "It's been fun hanging out. We should talk more often." Impulse grinned. "Yeah! We should- we definitely should."

They stood there awkwardly for a moment, then Impulse went in for a loose hug. False wasn't used to self contact, but she enjoyed it well enough.

They broke from the embrace and waved goodbye. "Well, bye. See you later," False flew back into the portal, ignoring how slimy it was, and emerged in her house.

False realized how she probably should've worked today. The base needed work. But she had fun, so it didn't matter.