Soulmates

Soulmate AU where writing appears on your arm (or body part) whenever you soulmate writes there on their body.

~~~~~~~

Mumbo shuffled through his shulker boxes angrily. He had no reason to be angry, but he was. Well, he had a reason, but it was a silly one.

Earlier, when was restocking Odea, he watched 2 people find each other. As in, realize they were soulmates. Mumbo had always wanted that, ever since he started in Hermitcraft.

The way to find your soulmate is to write on your arm, leg, whatever. Try and write something that'll get their attention. Mumbo wrote some daily, varying from "Hi" to "WOULD YOU JUST WRITE ON YOUR STUPID BODY".

But no one ever replied.

Lots of people on the server had found each other, or just wrote to each other and kept it a secret from each other. Yet, Mumbo had written day after day, with no prevail.

He shut the shulkers and sat down, defeated. Grabbing a marker, he angrily uncapped it and wrote on his forearm "Hello? Look at your arm!!"

Mumbo waited 5 minutes, glaring at his arm, but there was no reply. Sighing, he stood up and pulled the fabric of his suit back over his arm.

"Mumbo? Are you home?" He heard a voice call from the entrance of his house. "Down here," he yelled, uninterested. Mumbo saw a blur of green shoot down from the ceiling.

"Mumbo!!" Iskall grinned, switching from his netherite pickaxe to an empty hand. Mumbo couldn't help but smile at his Swedish friend. "How's it going bud?" He asked Iskall. "Good, just wanted to come see yah," he nodded happily.

A flash of black shot across Iskall's arm, but he covered it up before Mumbo could read it. "Uhm, what was that?" Iskall laughed. "Ah, nothing. My soulmate is always messaging me- it can get annoying sometimes, even when I reply to them."

Mumbo nodded solemnly. "I've been having trouble with my soulmate too. They never answer my messages. I've heard that Grian and Stress draw flowers and doodles all over their arms and legs."

"And that makes you sad," Iskall guessed, and Mumbo nodded slowly. "Yah... I would draw stuff on my arms too, but my soulmate is always saying stuff like "Hello, how are you doing?" and I reply, but it's not the same."

"Oh whatever. Who cares about our silly soulmates. I'd rather spend time with my friends who actually care about me," Mumbo smiled at Iskall. "Yah!! Let's go find Grian, he may not be busy!"

They shot in the sky and flew in circles for a few loops then took off towards Grian's base. No one was around, so they figured Grian was off working or with Stress.

So they went to Iskall's tree to drink tea and play board games. Sometimes you just need a relaxer like that, you know?

*t-t-t-tiiiiiiiiime skipppppppppppppp :D*

Mumbo checked his clock to see if it was time to go. 8:30, it read, and Mumbo yawned. "Oh my, dude we didn't even eat like- supper-" Iskall laughed. "I have some pumpkin pie, if you'd like some," He offered.

Mumbo chuckled and stood up. "I'd better be heading home now, but I really enjoyed today." Iskall smiled. "Me too, see you later?" Mumbo nodded and flew off, chuckling to himself.

~~~~

Back at Mumbo's base, he got into his bed, ready to sleep, and uncapped a marker. Whoever you are- I don't care anymore. I'm hanging out with my real friends from now on.

He capped the marker again, and rolled over with his eyes shut, completely missing the message that appeared back on his arm.

I had fun today too :)

~~~~~~

Yayyyyyy I finished ittttt
It's 11:12 pm here where I am

Oh well if you enjoy please share, comment and vote

I also take requests, for my brain is going dry

Thanks :)