come out come out wherever you are

It all started with the signs.

Not literal signs, mind you, but weird things that proved Impulse's suspicions right. The signs had been mysterious, as most signs are, like the sounds of blocks being placed or the distinct sound of pistons being activated.

Weird thing is, most people didn't visit Impulse. He was relatively alone. So when he heard noises that sounded like someone, he knew something was up. If someone wanted to visit, why would they snoop around?

"Hello?" He called once, his voice harsh from the lack of use. Impulse cleared his throat and pocketed the pickaxe his was using. He fired one, two rockets into the air and flew out of his pit gracefully.

"Helloooo?" Impulse moaned, waiting silently for a sound. When there was no reply, he started to walk around, inspecting the blocks that kept his base afloat. He couldn't see anything out of the ordinary, but there was plenty of space where things, or people, could be hidden.

<impulseSV> is someone in my base?

There was no reply, so he figured they must be busy. Or maybe- no. Impulse shook his head, trying to ram the thoughts out of his mind. There was no one in his house, there never was. It must've been a figment of his imagination.

Impulse went back to working on the slime farm, trying to clear his head. And yet, every time he finally started to relax and get into the flow, he'd hear something else. It would be the click of a button or the switch of an iron trapdoor.

This time he'd had enough. "Whoever you are, come out!" He shouted, trying to sound menacing. Impulse's voice wavered, and he sounded more frightened than he actually was. "Ahem~ who's there?" He yelled again.

Again, no reply. The air seemed to freeze, as if anyone who was there stopped moving entirely, just as Impulse had. He stood there, unmoving, for a couple of moments. Right when he was about to walk away, he heard it.

There was music.

There was Cat.

Coming from the corner of the wall. There was someone there. And he would find them.

*little tiny time skip hehe*

Impulse dug and dug, but 1- he didn't want to break the walls down in his base, he had worked so hard on them, and 2- the person was no where to be found. So what did he do? He went to get help.

5 minutes later, he had corralled Keralis and xB and convinced them to come see what was going on.

"Guys! This way, over here!" Impulse shouted over the whistling wind in his ears. "WHAT?" xB shouted back, which started Keralis giggling. Impulse sighed and flew down to the edge of his base. The others took the clue and glided down to meet him.

"Pretty windy day, isn't it?" Keralis laughed as xB frowned and smoothed down his rumpled hair. Impulse raised his eyebrow but didn't make a comment. "Anyways, guys, I've been hearing some weird noises, and I was wondering if-"

Impulse was interrupted by what could only be interpreted as a high-pitched little girl scream. "Ahhhhh!! Is that- is that what I think it is??" xB stammered excitedly, pointing to long-nosed man in colorful robes.

He dove down and met the wandering trader. "Ooh!" Keralis cried, taking off after him. Impulse rubbed the bridge of his nose and sighed. It was like parenting 2 three year olds.

"Guys- no-" Taking a deep breath, Impulse launched a rocket and chased after them. As he got closer, he could hear them murmuring about deals. "Ooh- a Zedaph head! That's pretty good." Keralis whispered to xB.

"Little TNTs!! This is a good trade," xB exclaimed. Clenching his fists, Impulse decided he had had enough. "Guys!! Are you here to help me or not??" He yelled angrily. Keralis and xB exchanged surprised looks, for neither of them had seen Impulse so angry.

Closing out the trade menu, they both focused their attention on Impulse. "Yeah... sorry. What do you need help with? It must be pretty important." Keralis asked apologetically.

"Yeah, um... sorry. Anyway, I think there's someone hiding in my house. But I can't find them. Could you guys help me?" Impulse whimpered, his usual confident wall falling down.

Both xB and Keralis walked over to the nearby wall of the base and examined it. "This wall? I don't see anything different-" Impulse shook his head. "They're inside."

After 20 minutes of close examination, the group hadn't found anything. "Sorry Impy- Impulse. If you find anything, let us know." Keralis bit his lip and both of them hesitated before flying away.

Impulse sighed and set a hand on the wall of his base. He pressed his ear to the side, but there wasn't a sound. Rolling his eyes, Impulse vowed he'd eventually find this nuisance.