Watching and Waiting*

"New list of inmates posted!"

The members of the Hermitcraft world who were lucky enough to be free stepped forward to read the recently hung sign.

-MumboJumbo, claimed to be a member of the Mycelium Resistance, and now leader of the Mycelium Resistance
-iskall85, consulting with the Mycelium Resistance
-Stressmonster101, member of the Mycelium Resistance
-Etho, member of the Mycelium Resistance
-impulseSV, member of the Mycelium Resistance
-Grian, former head of the Mycelium Resistance, now member of the Mycelium Resistance
-Rendog, member of the Mycelium Resistance
-xBCrafted, member of the Mycelium Resistance
-IJevin, member of the Mycelium Resistance

Cleo stepped back and stifled a gasp. "Cub- how- how could you?! They were innocent!" Cub rubbed his neck and set his jaw. "They were resisting our leader. This had to happen." He frowned and his glare softened. "Sorry Cleo, I-"

She held up her hand and walked away.

*time skippp*

Tango stuck his fingers through the bar of the cell and clutched Impulse's hand. "I'm- I'm so sorry Impy, but if they find out I-" Impulse grinned. "It's okay, they haven't done anything to me yet. It's the others- Mumbo, Iskall. You need to get them out."

Tango rubbed his neck anxiously. "Impulse, you're my best friend. You're the one I care about getting out." Impulse nodded. "I know, but they matter more right now,"

Tango sighed and jumped up as he heard someone coming towards the cells. It was Scar. "Not flirting with the prisoners, now are we Tango?" He asked.

"No sir, of course not. Just making sure he's in line. Have you seen Zedaph?" Scar shook his head and walked up to Impulse's cell. "I'm afraid not," he said, "but- many hermits are outside checking out the list of inmates. You could look there,"

Tango nodded once and faked a grin. "Yes, Mr. Mayor," and he took off.

Scar marched up to Impulse and smiled. "So, Impulse, it's time for some questioning. Would you mind coming with me?"

There was a deadly silence, and no one spoke for several seconds.

"I'd rather blow up my house." he snarled, and a dark look came over his face. Scar just chuckled absentmindedly, ignoring Impulse's attempt at being brave.

"That- that can be arranged!" He laughed. Scar suddenly became very serious and frightening. "You better know who the boss is around here- and if you don't know, you'd better find out soon. Because if you don't follow the rules, I have many things I can do to Tango and Zedaph in punishment."

Impulse sighed. "Please, Scar, don't do anything to them. Hurt me, torture me, I don't care. But don't hurt them, they're innocent."

Scar shrugged and opened Impulse's jail door. "Follow me, please," Impulse followed Scar, in chains, to a bright room with a table in the middle of it.

Scar sat down comfortably in a chair beside False on one end of the room and motioned for Impulse to sit at the table. "We have a few questions," False stated. "And I don't suggest you lie." She added evilly.

False: Where were you 2 hours ago?
Impulse: At my base, putting junk into chests.
False: Who came to your base during that time?
Impulse: I- um-
False: Spit it out.

Impulse looked down and sighed.

"Tango."

She grinned and wrote something down on her paper.

False: What did Tango want?
Impulse: He needed some help with Decked Out.
False: When did he leave?
Impulse: Shortly after he arrived. I told him I couldn't help with Decked Out.
False: Why couldn't you? You weren't busy?
Impulse: I was busy. I was putting my stuff away.
False: Mhm. When did Stressmonster arrive?
Impulse: Almost right after Tango left. She had some people with her.
False: Who was with her?
Impulse: Uh- no one-
False: TELL ME THE TRUTH!
Scar: Calm down-
Impulse: Everyone from the Resistance. We all came here, and we walked straight into our death.

Hi everyone!! I hope you're enjoying the story! You know the deal, please share, vote, and comment. It would mean a great deal to me.

Thanks for 200 reads!