One Too Many Mistakes

"DARN! Why can't I just get something right-"

<FalseSymmetry was shot by FalseSymmetry>

Sucking in a new breath, False glanced at her health bar, all full and shiny. She hated death, but no one could resist a full health and food bar.

You could die and respawn in Hermitcraft, but there was a limit. Die more than 5-10 times, and there's no coming back. But like in any situation, there were exceptions.

False was one.

Counting her most recent experience, she had died a total of 14 times. The longest anyone had lived, before her, was Python with 11 deaths.

And he was gone now.

Everytime that respawn button appeared, she made a mental note to be more careful next time. False had made that mental note 14 times now.

Ignoring how she might not respawn next time, False went to retrieve her belongings. She had been messing around with an archery practice area (hehe tongue twister) and managed to shoot and kill herself.

She paused as her communicator caught up and the messages started flowing in.

<xisumavoid> False? You still here?
<Tango> false? you okay?
<ZombieCleo> false! answer us

She quickly shot out a reply to ease their worried minds.

<FalseSymmetry> I'm okay, I'll be more careful next time

I will be more careful next time, she scolded herself. Even though she was on the brink of permanent death, False couldn't help but feel special that they cared so much about her.

<MumboJumbo> be more careful!!

"Mhmmm," she hummed in response, jumping down into the water below to retrieve her stuff.

The idea of permanent death didn't exactly faze her, she knew one day that she would die. Some people, like Xisuma, may never die. He had only used 1 of his respawns, and he had been around since the beginning of the server.

False waded in the water, struggling to gather all of her belongings. She tightened the straps on her elytra and wiggled around, trying to find the best fit.

*time skip*

<FalseSymmetry went to sleep. Sweet dreams!>

False tossed and turned in bed, the tight sheets pulling against her. She snapped her eyes shut, but the same vision appeared everytime they closed.

She was falling into the void, her elytra completely thin and shredded while flying over the End islands. False reached to grab a block hanging off of the island, but she just managed to cut her hand on the sharp endstone.

Sucking her injured finger, all she could do was watch as she fell. Once False finally reached the bottom of the void and died, no respawn button appeared.

She was dead.

This vision appeared constantly, whether she was sleeping or just thinking. Was it prophetic? Was that how she'd eventually die?

A blip of white rose up and up in the until was high in the sky. False let out a shaky breath. She wasn't- she wasn't dead yet.

Tearing the confining sheets off of her sweaty body, False straightened her goggles and stood up. Her yellow hair was tangled and her clothes were wrinkled.

Deciding she could use a cleanup, False changed into a swim suit and waded into her giant waterfall.

*time skip, just a few hours*

All cleaned up and feeling better, False decided to go End busting. Ever since the nightmares started, she had been afraid to venture out to the End.

But now it was time to face that fear.

False straightened her elytra, grabbed a stack of rockets and headed into her portal. A few hops, and she was there. The End.

She flew around a bit, looking for an unvisited End City. After about 10 minutes, False found one, and there was a ship attached.

"Aha yes!" She exclaimed, the sight of a ship easing her nerves. False landed on the top to retrieve the dragon head.

She got the elytra and the diamond tools, the potions, all of that. 2 hours and 2 stacks of shulker shells later, False was ready to go home. She was almost out of rockets anyway.

She flew over the islands and over the voids, eager to just back to the portal. It came into view, and she landed beside the portal, ready to hop in.

A low, menacing growl rose up from behind her. It sounded glitchy, like whatever it was was extremely angry and about to explode.

False had agro-ed an enderman. (Forgive my spelling, how do you even spell that- aggro?)

It shifted from side to side, it's neck outstretching, it becoming taller. False shrunk down and slid backwards slowly, staring straight into the eyes of the slim back creature.

The menacing creature twitched and hissed as it approached False. She grabbed her last rocket and took off, as far away as she could. Endermen were nothing to laugh about.

Breathing heavily, she sat at the edge of the island. False couldn't see the angry enderman, but it had to be around somewhere. Her eyes danced around flat yellow terrain.

She had used her last rocket, so she'd have to run back to the portal. False broke out in a mad dash, but was stopped. There was a zwoop, and the enderman was in front of her.

False didn't have a shield, all she had was a netherite axe and bad aim to the skittering monster.

Growling and hissing, the black creature knocked into her, taking away 3 hearts and shooting her backwards. False growled back at it. "Get away from me!" She screeched.

With a pop, the enderman teleported in front of her and bumped her back even farther. False was teetering on the edge of the island.

2 hearts left, no more rockets. No time to get off of the edge.

A shaky scream came out of the enderman's mouth and it charged at False. She stepped back, her right foot hanging off of the island with no land to step on.

There was nothing to do. She was going to die.

Her hands shaking, False swung her axe at the monster. It teleported away, and reappeared right in front of her.

She screamed as she was knocked backwards into the void. "No, no, no!" False yelled, outstretching her arm to grab the end stone cliff.

The sharp corner slit her finger, and False gasped at the pain, sticking it in her mouth to stop the bleeding.

She could see the enderman peering over the edge, watching her fall slowly to her death. She squeezed her eyes shut, and a cold tear slid down False's cheek.

"Goodbye Hermitcraft."

<FalseSymmetry died in the void>
<ZombieCleo> false?