Chapter 58

As I let out the gasp I can feel Silas shift his body around as he tried to cover my eyes.

       "Si-Silas he..."  I whimpered out, I felt my body begin to shake.

       "Don't look Sang," He whispered. "Please don't look back." I bury my face deeper into his neck, although it was to late. I saw what I did. 

         Mr. Blackbourne ended up crowding us and a bunch of other students in a empty classroom upstairs. Axel and Mr. Morris right behind him. Both men standing near the door. Mr. Morris had his arms crossed with an angry face. Axel had one of his hands on his hip while the other rubbed the back of his neck, he looked so tired. Mr. Blackbourne told Silas to put me down and Silas did so reluctantly. Silas gently sat me down on a table. Corey and Kota wanted to check on me but with a quick shake of the head Mr. Blackbourne stopped them. Both boys stopped in their tracks.

       I see Mr. Blackbourne put a finger to his lips to tell us to be silent. I brought my legs up to my chest, wrapping my arms around them. I lay my chin on my knees, rethinking everything. I tried to control my breathing, anything to stop myself from shaking.  I can sense the boys shift themselves closer to my body. I could smell coffee and cypress. No one touched me though, although all I wanted at this very moment were hugs. 

       I knew the only thing stopping Mr. Blackbourne and Axel from talking was Rocky, Jay and the  other students that were there. The silence was deafening. Their secrets had to be hidden no matter what.

       My lungs hurt along with my back. I had a bad headache and my mouth felt numb. Not to mention the sharp pain between my legs thanks to Greg. My hair was a terrible mess, I felt bad for Nia who took a lot of time making my hair look pretty.  I sigh as I brought my hair to my trembling hands, I begin to comb my hair with my fingers. I had to keep myself busy with something or else I'll think about...

        I shook my head slightly as I take a peek at the boys.

         Corey, who was standing up, rubbed his arms, his right cheek looked red and swollen. Brandon leaned back close to his brother, he rubbed his left side underneath shirt, I could hear him cursing to himself. Marc sat on a table close to the twins as he rubbed at his busted bottom lip. He looked like he's going to get a black eye.

        Silas leaned against a wall as he touched his swollen face, I can see him wince. Gabe's nose was bleeding again, I can tell he was trying to stop the bleeding with tissues that Mr. Blackbourne handed to him. Nathan was sitting down, one of his eyes swollen shut. The metal cast on his finger was gone. North left eye was swollen shut and his face bruised.

       Kota sat a table his arms folded and his face buried in them. Victor sat right next to him as Victor rubbed his wrists. Luke was on his back on the floor, starring up at the ceiling, his face blank. The tension in the air was thicker than a bowl of oatmeal.

       I could feel a hand on my shoulder. I look up to see Rocky's blue-gray eyes on me. He hovered over me, looking unhurt while Jay looked roughed up. "Are you okay?" Rocky asked.

       "I-I think so..." I say looking down. I felt guilty that Rocky and his friends had to get involved and hurt in the process. Rocky's hand reached out to me as he roughly traced my lower lip with his thumb, I felt myself wince in pain. 

        North's hand shot out as he grabbed onto Rocky's wrist. Rocky turned to North confused.

        "Don't fucking touch her." North quietly growled. North step closer to me. Rocky just gave him a hard stare back. I see Brandon and Nathan take a step forward.