Chapter 2

I woke up around eleven and sat up in my bed shielding the light from my eyes with my hands. I got up and quickly turned off the lights before going back to bed throwing the blankets over me. I tried so hard to sleep, but I just kept tossing and turning in my bed. I looked at the clock next to my bed and it was midnight already. I groaned knowing there was absolutely no way I was going to bed. I got up from my bed and decided I needed some fresh air. I grabbed a old black hoodie I've had since God knows when. I slipped it on and slowly made my way down the stairs, trying not to wake my mom or sister up. 

     I made my way into the kitchen noticing the bowl I made for Marie was eaten up. I smiled a little. I grabbed the bowl and quickly washed it, putting it away before walking out the back door. I reached the hand out feeling the rain. I walked out feeling the wet grass between my toes.  I walked around the house and made my way down the street. I grinned, this little bit of freedom felt amazing. I love my mother, but her excessive warning always felt like to much. Maybe shes wrong about the world. 

       I heard footsteps behind me and felt myself get goosebumps all over. I quickly turned around when something furry tackled me. I fell back into a big puddle, crashing onto my butt and left arm. My hand and wrist scraped onto the sidewalk. I winced from the sudden pain. My mother was right! I take it all back!  The creature started to lick me and nuzzled against me. 

      "Hey Max!" More footsteps. The big dog sat on my thighs before licking my face, "I am so sorry! Max get off!"  I couldn't really see who it was, but his voice was masculine and smooth, but a lot of strength behind his voice.  "Are you okay?"

     "I-I'm fine." I felt a pang from my side and arm and felt blood coming out from  hand.

     "No you're not." He pointed at my left arm. "Can you stand?" I felt my cheeks get hot.

     "I think so-" He reached out with his right hand, waiting for me to take it. I swallowed and let him pull me up. When I got up on my feet I noticed he was wearing glasses. The light from street lights reflecting off of them.  He seemed to be a least a head taller then me.

     The wind and rain began to pick up. He stood in front of me, trying to protect me from the harsh wind.  "Come on, lets go to my house." I feel my face get warmer.

    "Wh-why?" 

    "To fix you up. " He slowly grabbed my right hand and pulled me along. "Max!" He called for Max and he followed behind his owner. We walked into a one story, brick ranch style house. His house was the first one next to the empty lot to the right.  We walked the steps and he opened the door and waited for me to go in. I however  hesitated. I didn't know anything about this man and here I was walking into his house. 

     "Hey are you okay? Your shaking." I realized what I was doing and ran in his house.

     "Yeah, just cold." I lied.  Max came in and shook his body trying to dry himself off.

     "Right. Well, follow me." He began walking up some steps the room above his garage was very big. There was windows facing my house and bed pushed up against the wall. To the left was a computer desk next to a tall bookshelf. He turned on the light and the whole room lit up. I blinked a couple times trying to get used to the light around us.

       I turned to the boy and this was the first time I actually got a good look at him. His wet brown hair stuck to his face and he was taller than me his skin was fair and he had a medium build. And he had the prettiest green eyes behind his black rimmed glasses.Our eyes met. I swallowed and looked away. I probably looked like such a mess. My dirty blond hair was wet and tangled up and my eyes had bags on them. I was pale as a ghost and my clothes were wet, my feet muddy.