Chapter 36

I walked inside the gym to find students standing around, waiting for gym to start. The girls were to go to one side of the gym and boys the other. The female coach told us all to sit down. I went to sit on my knees and immediately regretted it. I winced and slid onto my butt. I gently rubbed my knees just wanting the pain to go away. 

     In my peripheral vision I see Gabe walking towards me. I smile and waved and he waved back. I scooted myself close to the outside of the group of girls and he did the same on his side. Both of us sitting in the edge of our groups. I notice that the girls coach, Mrs. French, and Raven were discussing something. 

     "Hi Sang." Gabe said to me as I smiled at him. 

     "Hi Gabe." I say back as I look around the gym trying to find Brandon and Nathan. "Where are the others?" 

     Gabe shrugged as he looked around. "I don't know, they should be here by know." I frown a bit and looked at my feet. "You okay?" Gabe asked me. Should I tell him about Dr. Green and Victor? I blushed a bit.

     "Is Victor okay?" I ask quietly. Gabe tilted his head at me. 

     "He was last time we talked, why? Did something happen?" Gabe leaned in. Brandon and Nathan came in the gym together, talking about something. They looked over and began walking towards us. All I heard them say was that they 'would discuss it later.' I wasn't sure if it was an Academy thing or a Guy thing. 

     "Hey guys." Nathan greeted as he took a seat close to Gabe while Brandon leaned against the wall. 'What are you guys talking 'bout?" 

    "Sang was telling me something that happened with Victor," Gabe looked from Nathan to me. "What was it Sang?" I felt myself get nervous. I didn't want to get Victor in trouble. Knowing these three guys they might yell at him, if Victor was having a bad day I didn't want to make it worse.

     "Um..." I look up and see Mrs. French and Raven go their separate ways.

    "Ladies on your feet!" Mrs. French motioned for us to gather up.

    "Fellas over here!" Ravens deep voice commanded. I jump up at my feet, happy for the distraction. 

      "Talk to you guys later!" I say nervously as I ran towards the group of girls. I walked up to the group and found myself standing next to a tall girl. She had a pixie styled hair cut and brown eyes. She looked at me.

     "Love your crop top!" She said.

     "O-oh! Thanks." She smiled at me and gave her attention back to Mrs. French. That was the first time another girl said something nice, most girls just gave me dirty looks, not even Marie has ever given me a compliment. 

     Our gym teacher began to discuss where we pay for gym uniforms, she also gave us waivers for our parents to sign. We were also given a locker and its combo. She also told us we had five minutes to get ready or we would be marked late. I could hear Raven give the boys a similar speech.  She also told us we would do or physical exams. Which included a mile run, sit ups, push ups, everything. I groan internally, exercise. 

     After everything we still had time, so they gave us some free time. The girl began to walk away and I wanted to say something nice, I wanted to make more friends.

    "I like your hair!" I blurt out. She looked down at me confused before smiling.

    "Thanks!" She said as she brushed it with her fingers. "I recently cut it." Someone called for her. "Be right there!" She turned and gave me a small wave, "See ya!"