Chapter 47

By the time I was done drawing the keypad the bell rang for our second class. I put my notebook away and when I went to pick up my bag North swooped it up and grabbed it for me. I look at him and he reached out and took my left hand. As we enter the hallway Luke grabbed my right hand. Brandon walked close behind me. 

       Silence fell among us. I found myself to be in the middle yet again. I didn't mind it, it felt so good to have some peace around me. This has been the craziest week of my life, I just hope it wouldn't get worse.  With the boys around me it made my life so much better, what would I have done without them? It dawns on me that they would only be here for one year. I felt myself sadden, I don't want them to go. 

       North didn't let me go until we were right outside of the trailer for our English class. He and Brandon walked away together, but they didn't bother chatting with one another. Luke let go of  my hand as he held the door open for me.  We sat towards the front of the class, Luke sat right behind me.

       Kota entered the class and before he could ask me what happened Gabe burst through the door and rushed towards us, almost running Kota over.

       "Sang Oh-" His breathing was heavy. "-oh my God, what happened?" He asked, as Kota gave him an annoyed look.

      "Oh, I just got detention." I tell the two boys. 

      "You got detention?" Gabe asked and I nodded. "That's bullshit!" He angrily said. Kota shot him a look that gabe ignored. "It is though! You felt Sang up and she got in trouble for it." Kota rolled his eyes as he took a seat. I notice Gabe look around letting out a quiet. "I wonder..." under his breath. Before I could ask him what he was planning the bell rang. He took a seat. 

      Ms. Johnson stood infront of the class as she began to adress us. "Goodmoring class today we will learn abou- Yes Mr. Coleman?" I turn to see Gabe with his hand in the air. 

      "Sorry, but I was just wondering, what would someone have to do to get detention?" What!?

       Ms. Johnson looked taken aback. "Excuse me?" 

       "Gabe stop!" I whisper shout. He ignored me.

      "Gabriel." I hear Kota hiss. 

       Gabe chose to ignore Kota. "Yeah, like what would someone have to do to get detention? Curse or somthin'?"

       Ms. Johnson blinked. "Well I guess so, why-"

       "Fuck! Shit! Double fuck!" Gabe spat out. The class all began laugh out loud, I pressed my hands to my face, Gabe stop it! What are you doing!?

       The class erupted in laughter, even Mrs. Johnson let out a chuckle. I pressed my hands to my face as I looked up at him. He smiled down at me and winked.

       "If you wanted detention you could have just asked." Mrs. Johnson said with a small smile as she shook her head a bit. "Does anyone else want detention?" She asked. I know but this was supposed to a rhetorical question judging by the tone of her voice. A loud thud caught the classes attention. I turn to see Luke standing up, his hand in the air and his chair on the floor. He was literally jumping at the opportinity. I turn to Kota to see if could manage to do anything about Gabe and Luke. Instead, Kota raised his hand.

       Mrs. Johnson looked surprised. I wonder what she was thinking. "Okay then, um, just see me after class." Was all she said, shaking her head she began to teach todays lesson. I settled into my seat and let out a sigh.