Chapter 41

During our Japanese class  Principal Hendricks entered the classroom. As soon as he stepped in I immediately felt uncomfortable as his eyes scanned over the classroom.

      "Hello Hendricks," Dr. Green greeted. "Is there anything I can help you with?" 

      "I didn't mean to interrupt, but I need to borrow Victor Morgan for a minute."  Dr. Green's eyes shot over to Victor, silently communicating.

      "Of course! Mr. Morgan?" Victor stood up, his eyes looking at me for a just a moment before he began to walk over to where Principal Hendricks was standing. Principal Hendricks motioned to the door and just like that they were gone. I look to Marc who sat quietly next to me watching the door.

     "Is he in trouble?" I ask my voice just a whisper, Marc just shrugged in response.

     "Who knows with these people."  He said going back to work.

     The bell rang and Victor never came  back to class. Marc picked up Victors bag and carried it with him.  As we left the classroom, saying goodbye to Dr. Green who winked at me and said he'd see me later, Victor came walking up to us, his cheeks were flushed. Me and Marc stopped in our tracks.

     "Victor what happened?" Marc asked as he handed his backpack to him.

      Victor sighed. "It was just some journalist who wanted to interview me. It's whatever."

     "Shouldn't you go report this to Owen?" Marc asked resting a hand on his side.

      Victor narrowed his eyes at him. "I never said I wasn't going to, I should walk Sang to class first."

      "I can do that Victor," Marc said as he slipped an arm around my shoulders, Victor wrapped his right  arm around my left arm. 

      "It's okay Marc, it's on the way." I stayed silent as both boys stared at one another. I look to my feet, I don't understand, are they upset about something!?

       Both boys end up walking me to my gym class. 

      In gym Brandon and Gabe were on the other side of the gym, since boys and girls were instructed to be in separate groups. We were then taken to our designated locker rooms to try out our locker combinations.

     Since we didn't have anything else to do after we were done trying our locker combos we were told to wait in the gym. At some point Raven told the kids that we could all talk to one another and it was okay for the boys to talk to the girls. So I sat with Brandon in the bleachers, I had my knees pulled up to my chest. 

      "Where did Gabe go?" I ask looking around the gym not seeing him anywhere.

      "I think he needed to answer a call," Brandon said.

     "Did you know Victor was interviewed?" I ask Brandon who sat back, his legs stretched out. 

     "Oh? For what?" He asks.

     "I'm not sure, he didn't say." 

     "Probably for a newspaper," I tilted my head at Brandon. "I can see the headlines now- 'Victor Morgan goes to a public school, a true hero among men.'"

     "Would Mr. Blackbourne allow it? He's not gonna be in trouble with him, will he?"

     Brandon gave me a small smile. "Owe- Mr. Blackbourne won't get mad at Victor, he isn't that bad." I smiled back, what a relief. I wanted to ask more questions wanting to get a better understanding of the boys and the academy. We talked more about baseball tryouts that were coming soon and not soon after the bell rang. Brandon and I grabbed our bags and I grabbed Gabe's.