Chapter 76

I walk into my homeroom class with the guys surrounding me as we made our way to our seats. Before I could sit down I could hear someone call out to me. I turn around to see May waving to me. 

      "Sang! C'mon sit by me!" She called out loudly. I could feel myself hesitate, the guys wouldn't mind if I sat with her would they? I felt a nudge on my arm. It was Luke. 

        "Go on Sang, don't leave your friend waiting." Luke whispered, an encouraging smile on his face. I smile back as I made my way over. She sat somewhat towards the back of the class room. Luke and North sat together in front of us. And in front of them Brandon sat by himself, I couldn't feel a little bit bad. That was until a tall brunette sat next to him. I frown ad sighed as I sat on her right side as I placed my things beside me. 

        "How have ya' been?" She asked me as she began to get her things ready for class. "Go on tell me."

        "So far so good," I say quietly, my eyes glanced at her then to Greg and back to her. Last thing I wanted was him walking up and bothering us like the last time May and I sat together. He didn't even seem to glance our way he was to busy talking to his own group of friends. Although I'm sure May could take care of herself. "How have you been?"

        "Great! I was talkin' to Nia, her birthday is coming up soon so we wanted to invite-" May was caught off by the bell ringing and our homeroom teacher telling us all to settle down. I gave May an apologetic smile, I wanted to talk to her more. Class went on and I tried my best not to fall asleep.

        As our teacher wrote something on the board a folded note landed on our table. I frown and when I was about to take it I noticed that it didn't have my name on it, but Mays. May snatched it quickly opening up and quickly reading it. She scowled as she crumpled up the note and pocketed. I went back to writing but since that moment I noticed that May's mood was visibly soured. I focused back on my work the whole time I wondered what was on that note.

         After class ended we began to gather all of our things when I decided to speak up.

        "Um, are you okay? Was it about that note-" 

        "I'm fine." She said quickly packing up her things. I frown, obviously she was lying, but I didn't want to pressure her into talking to me. Was she mad that I tried to pick her note?

        "May..." I begin, but she slid all her things into her arms.

        "Sorry hun' I gotta go. I'll see you in P.E." With that she left me all by myself. I watched her as she made her way out of class in a huff. 

        "Is she okay?" Luke asked as he picked up my things for me. I look to the door back to Luke and North.

        I shrugged. "I hope so..." My eyes wondered over to Brandon and thee girl and noticed she was talking to him, I quickly turned to Luke and North. "Can we get to our next class now? I just want to be late." 

        When we entered class I looked out for Nia and walked towards her where she was sitting. After meeting the girls I was able to find out more classes I had with them, although I hardly sat by them I still enjoyed their presence in the few classes we had together. 

       "H-hi Nia," I said. She looked up from her phone, before breaking out into a smile. 

       "Hey girl! What's up?" She said as she moved her braids with her manicured nails. I wasn't sure what to say. I didn't want to make May more upset by telling other people her business, I didn't even know these girls that well. I could feel myself panic.