Chapter 88

The guys eventually collected their bags and my own and we began to make our way over to Kota's house. The new clothes were to remain at Nathan's house for now. Gabe only picked out pajamas for me for the night and a set of shorts and a shirt for the next day. I had no idea how Gabe managed to take over the reins of what I wore but it seemed so important  to him and I didn't have the heart to take it away from him. Although a part of me was grateful. I always felt unsure of what the right thing was to wear but Gabe and his, although slightly judgmental, fashion expertise helped me and put me at ease. I already felt guilty that Victor spent so much on me. In a way they weren't my clothes, they were ours, kinda. 

       The clothes were comfortable and the lace did tickle my thighs as I walked with the boys.

       Gabriel had the idea of me walking over in front of Danielle's house to parade me like a model on a catwalk in case she was watching. Kota and the others didn't want to egg her on. I did however ask the boys to take a picture of my outfit so I can show my girl friends, which they seemed to love. I shot a quick text to the group chat the girls made.

Sang 🌸: Hey guys what do you think of my outfit? Gabe picked it out for me.

Blue 💙: Wowza, Sang! That outfit is on fire! You look smooookinnnn

Nia 🎀: Sang, you are serving looks! I bow down to Gabes fashion sense! 🙌

Indigo 💁‍♀️: DAMN GIRL

Indigo 💁‍♀️: gabe, you're the real MVP fr

May 💅: Dang, girl! Your outfit is giving all of us life! 

Karen💪: You look so good!! can Gabe gimmie some fashion tips plz? lol

Sang 🌸: Aww, you guys are the sweetest! Your support means the world to me!

     I smiled down at my phone content to have the approval of my girl friends. As happy as I am with the guys liking it I'm also happy to have their opinions too. 

      I tucked my phone into my bra as I walked besides Nathan as we trailed behind the other guys. I stopped in my tracks in the street as I glimpsed over at my parents house down the road. Nathan paused as well as he followed my gaze at the dull two story grey house.

      "Don't worry," Nathan said gently to me as he rubbed his thumb on the back of my hand. "We already checked up on your mom." It's as if he was reading my mind. He wrapped a hand around mine as he tugged me towards Kota's house. "There was an empty soup cup by her bed. She was asleep and I made sure to leave some crackers for her. I checked and Marie wasn't there."

      My eyebrows went up. "Y-you did all of that?" 

      "Yeah," he said nodding. "Luke checked on her while we were at the mall too. She's fine."

      "Maybe... Maybe I shouldn't sleep over tonight..." I said softly not wanting the other boys to overhear me. "My father isn't there I don't think she should be alone." It felt wrong to leave her alone in her condition. A few hours out with the guys was different Usually my father came home in the evening and was there on weekends to watch over her, but he's on business trip to Mexico and couldn't do it. Despite her mood swings and how she treats me she was sick. What if she needed something in the night and no one was there? Or if she fell or something? I didn't want to think about it.