Chapter 43

After Gabe put makeup on me Kota said I could go home. As I left Victors car I waved the boys goodbye as I walked to my house. As I stepped in my house I stood still listening for anything. I tip toed up the stairs peaking into Marie's room and notice she wasn't home. I was sure she was with Danielle which was fine with me. I just hoped she was being careful wherever she was. I guessed my mother was probably asleep. I entered my room and set bag down, fishing out my phone I texted Kota. 

        Sang:Kota I'm home!

        Not even a second later I got a text back.

        Kota: That's great, finish whatever homework you have  and relax, don't forget to take the tylenol. I'll call you later.

        I walk to my mirror and take a good look at my face. Gabe did a good job covering up my bruise. My cheek and lip looked a bit swollen, but besides that you couldn't even notice!

       I sat on my bed my history textbook open. I stared at the letters on the page but I was having a hard time paying attention to any of the information. I kept thinking about my actions. How was I able to stand up to those boys? Never in my life have I ever stood up to anyone, it felt good. 

      Sitting there quietly I remebered everything that just occured not even an hour ealier. I could remember the warmth of  Victor's arms. I missed the way Gabe held me. The way Brandon stood protectively infront of me. The anger in Raven's eyes when I told them everything. The concern in Axel's, Dr. Green's, and Mr. Blackborune's eyes. Kota was so quiet, he kept his distance from me, I wondered if he was angry at me. I wonder how the other boys are going to react when they find out. 

      I shuddered at the thought. What's going to happen tomorrow? Would those bullies try to hurt me? Or the boys?  It annoyed me that the boys had to be in charge of school security. It shouldn't be their job to do, I know it's a public school but come on! 

       After taking a tylenol, I was finishing up my homework when I heard my phone buzz besides me. 

       Luke: Hi Sang! Are you busy rn?

       Sang: Nope! What's up?

       Luke: I'm at the diner, can u come over?? And bring us some water?? We're dying1!

       Sang: Haha okay how many?

       Luke: 4 plz :)) 

       I decide to change clothes. I put on a pair of shorts with a regular pink t-shirt, and my favorite sandals.  I brushed my hair and put it up in a ponytail. 

      I went downstairs going to check up on my mother. My mother usually got hid hard by the medicine she took. There would be times where she passed out for hours and hours at a time. Right now was one of those times. To make sure she was out, I tapped on the door. Nothing! This made me a little happy, which I know is wrong. I hated that my mother was sick, but the peace I got when she was asleep like this let me relax. I was safe from her yelling and punishments, even if it's just for a little bit.

       I grabbed my book bag and took everything out. I went to the kitchen, grabbing some water bottles, crackers and fruit in case they wanted a snack. I left though the backdoor when I heard a meow. I look down to see it was my little Buddy. 

      "Hey!" I greet him as he rubbed against me. I smiled down. "Stay right here!" I quickly go back in the house and get a small dish and poured milk in it. I wonder if I would be able to get cat food. I went back our and placed it next to Buddy. "I know this isn't food, but I hope you enjoy." buddy eyed the dish and began to drink out of it. I tell him goodbye and went on my way towards the old church.