Chapter 27

I sat on my porch watching the white clouds go by as I pet the stray cat I named 'Buddy'. He laid by my side, purring. I was patiently waiting for the mail to come. Today was the day we we're supposed to get our schedules. I couldn't wait to compare my classes with the boys. I smile when I remember the 'pizza party' as Luke called it. We all sat around eating pizza for breakfast and watched TV.  I let out a happy sigh as I see the mail car coming down out street. I hoped to my feet as they pulled in putting my mail in my box and then walking over to Kota's home. 

    I wave to the mail women and she waved back. I grabbed our mail and ran back to my house, as I entered I hear footsteps behind me coming from the stairs. Marie looked half awake.

   "Is that our class schedule?" She asked rubbing her eyes. I nodded as I reached to give her piece of mail that her name. She snatched it from my hands. "Finally." She mumbled heading back up the stairs. Placing the rest of the mail on the table I ripped open my schedule. I beamed down at the paper. I look out the widow from my living room and looked towards Kota's house. The boys were waiting for me. 

    Skipping across the road I made my way to Kota's house. He was outside getting the mail. He adjusted his glasses when he saw me. 

   "Oh, Sang did you get it?" I nodded and lifted up my schedule. 

   "What about the others?" I eagerly ask.  "Did they get their schedules." Kota looked at his phone. 

    "I'm still waiting to hear from Victor, Gabe, Marc, and the twins." He tells me. "They'll come over when they get theirs." 

    "Hey!" We turned to see Nathan jogging his way towards us. He held out his envelope. "Lets check these puppies out." We followed Kota into his home. He dropped the rest of his mail on the counter in the kitchen. 

    "Sang what did you get?" Nathan asked. I held out my paper proudly.

Homeroom- Room 135

AP English- Trailer 10- Ms. Johnson

AP Geometry- Room 220- Ms. Smith

Art- Room 33- Ms. Jones

AP World History- Trailer 32- Mr. Morris

Lunch

AP Biology- Room 107 B- Mr. Gerald

Japanese- Room 212- Dr. Green

Gym- Gymnasium- Mrs. French

    I looked over them with Nathan, will I even have a moment to catch my breath? It all seemed overwhelming, but I felt so excited to start the new year. 

   "Holy shit." Nathan mumbled. I let out a hmm as I looked over at him. "How did you get seven?"  Kota leaned over Nathan looking at my schedule. 

    "You don't even have a study hall." Kota squinted his eyes at my paper. "How did you get Japanese? That's for seniors." Their eyes looked over at me. I blushed looking down.

   "When I met Dr. Green and coach Raven they took me to their office and Dr. Green fixed my schedule for me. Dr. Green said it would be okay, but Mr. Blackbourne  didn't seem to happy about it." I look up to them. "Is it bad that I changed it?" 

    "No Sang." Kota said a bit to quickly. "Did you mention us?" I blink.

    "Um, yeah, I said that I knew you and Brandon and that you two helped me with my schedule." The boys looked at each other. "Whats wrong?" I ask, feeling nervous. Kota looked over at me and shook his head.