Chapter 72

While I was trying to sleep I felt the air shift around us, a draft caused the hair around my face to move. I opened my eyes just a bit, but closed them again. I really didn't want to wake up, I was to comfortable. Two smacking sounds caused me to open my eyes. Next to me Gabe jolted up into a sitting position. Luke jumped and tumbled out of my bed. 

       I leap up shuffling into my knees, completely afraid that my mother would be standing in front of us. 

     "Aw fuck, what the hell?" Gabe grumbled sitting at the edge of my bed, a hand on his face.  Luke was on his knees on the floor covering his forhead with his palm.

        "At least Sangs paying attention to her surroundings, next time I want to be the one who gets to hit them." Marcs voice filled my room. My window was open behind him and Kota. A gentle breeze picked up the back of their heads. Marc had a stailess steel travel mug in his hand that caught my eye.

        Kota ignored Marc's comment and turned his attention to Gabe and Luke. "What are you two doing sleeping?" Did he not care that they were sleeping in my bed right next to me? My cheeks went pink at the realization that they did sleep right next to me. Before when I was half asleep I didn't fully think about it, but now with Marc and Luke here...

        "The attics to hottttt." Gabe whined. "And we're here right next to Sang and nothing happened

        "Mr. Blackbourne left you two here so you both can take shifts, do I really have to explain to you guys how that works?" Kota spoke annoyed, as he did Marc leaned back and took a sip of it as he watched Kota go on. "Nathans waiting outside, he's going to take you both to Silas's apartment. Victor and Corey are there already." 

        Gabe grumbled, he looked around my room for his shoes. "What time is it?"

        Marc checked his phone. "It's currently 4 am, good morning by the way." Marc walked away into my room. "Now hurry up and leave. Gabe your going with Victor and Corey, Luke you'll be on homework duty."

        "I hate Homework duty," Luke said,standing up rubbing his tired eyes. He stumbled over towards me wrapping his arms around my shoulders, "Bye-bye Sang." 

         A arm hooked around my neck from behind, I was gently pulled back and Gabe dropped his nose to the top of my head. "Oy Trouble, don't let these two boss you around." 

        "If you two get yelled at by Owen, I'm going to laugh." Marc said. 

         I shiffted on my bed as I watched Luke crawl out the window followed by Gabe, then lastly Kota. Marc watched them leave before sitting at the edge of the bed. His eyes met mine.

         "How are you Sang?" He asks gently, different from the way he talked to Gabe and Luke.

          I swallowed. "I'm fine."

         Marc leaned back, he now sat in a more comfortable position. "Sorry about wakin' ya', but it's like you already knew we were in your room before those two scrubs did. I saw you open your eyes a bit, how did you know?"

       "Well, I felt the air shift around us," I explained to him. "I think it's from when you opened the window." 

       Marc thought this over, "Oh so you're a light sleeper?" I nodded. "Interesting, good to know." I let out a yawn with a stretch, taking a breath I could smell coffee and cologne, how long as he been awake for?  "I have to say I was a bit worried. We had enough time to get in and thunk those two crumb bums, it would be more then enough time for your mom or Marie to open that door." 

       "I-I thought they were going to sleep in the attic." I say nervously, he did have a point. "They must have snuck into my bed after I fell asleep." I begin to rub my eyes. "I'm sorry." 

       "It's alright Sang, don't sweat it, but if anyone of them try it again tell smack 'em and tell 'em to get their asses back into the attic." I nodded as I watch him take a sip from his mug, he must've noticed this because he offered me the mug. "Wanna taste?" 

       "Um, sure." I say taking the travel mug, I brought the mug to my lips and took a sip. My eyes widened as the warm liquid hit my tongue. "Uck!" I say pulling away at the bitter taste. Marc put a hand over his mouth to stop himself from laughing to loudly. 

        "That face you pulled was so funny," He chuckled. "Not used to coffee huh?" I shook my head no as I handed him back his mug, our fingers brushing together. "It's fine, I'll make you something sweeter for you in the future. I watch him put his mug down on my bed stand and reach into his backpack, "Oh yeah, before I forget Silas got these for you," He handed me small plastic bag with a store logo on it. 

       I opened it up, inside were two pink sport wrist bands. I smile at this. "Earlier he was asking about my favorite color." 

       "I heard about that, they said Gabe would have thrown a fit, I believe them. It'll be a good way to hide your wrists for school." 

        "They aren't so bad." I whisper looking down at my wrists. Marc reached over, he gently brought my hand closer to him so he could examine them better.

       "Oh Sang, what she- it's awful." He said softly. I withdrew my hand from his.

      "It's fine, they'll heal." I say, Marc winced. 

       "And if they don't?" Marcs gaze fell on me, his different eyes shined from the morning light. "You should stop doing that ya' know." He brought himself closer to me. "Don't dismiss what they've done to you."

        "I'm-I'm not! At least I don't try to, I don't like to make a fuss." I say quietly.

        Marc frowned. "If we didn't learn about your parents would you have told us? Are you gonna deny things that happen to you?" I bit my lip, looking away. How could I answer that? Did they really want me to talk about every little problem I have? How annoying is that? They don't need to deal with it. Marc pressed on. "Sang, what else hurts?" His hand reached out for my chin. "Friends tell each other the truth, please." He sounded so hurt for me. 

         I frown as look him dead in the eyes. "My tailbone." 

         Marc tilted his head at me. "Your tailbone? What happened to it?" 

        My cheeks went pink. "When I was trapped in the shower. I had to move around a lot to get everyone's attention, it's hurt ever since. Please don't be upset with me." He sighed.

       "I promise I'm not Sang, I'm glad you told me what was bothering you. I'll do whatever I can to help make your tailbone feel better." 

        "Thank you Marc," I say thankful for him and his friendship. 

        "You don't have to thank me Sang, I'll always be here for you," Marc looked away from me. "In fact lately, uh, I've been thinking of maybe, us, you know-" I quickly brought my finger to his mouth to quiet him. He seemed surprised at this. I turn to my door, I could hear a faint footstep in the hallway. I look to him as I see visible panic on his face, I know mine must have looked the same.

        My mother was coming in.

____________________

August 11 is the anniversary of me posting this story, thank you to everyone who's been with me since the beginning and to those who followed along 

Double upload today hope you all enjoyed

lots of hugs :)

(1325 Words)