Chapter 40

(A/N before I begin this chapter I just wanted to say thank you so much for the love and kind words I got on my last important A/N. It means so much that so many strangers care and give me the time of day. I almost cried but I didn't. I was pushing myself to write because I didn't want to disappoint anyone, but of course my health and college career comes first and you guys don't deserve half assed chapters. This one's for you beautiful patient people, thank you for continuing to support  me and my story even if I'm not always uploading. ❤️❤️)

____________________________________________________________________

        Homeroom went by quicker then I thought. I was mostly thinking and worrying about Nathan. I know the others told me not to worry, but I couldn't help it, he's my friend. After homeroom was English. The boys walked me to class. I sat in the same spot as the day before, Luke was there first. His hair was down. He was humming to himself as he played with my pink hair clip. 

     "Hi Luke." I said as I took I dropped my bag on the seat in front of him. He looked up and smiled at me.

      "Hi Sang!" Luke said with a big smile. I wanted to ask him for my clip back but he looked so happy playing with it I didn't want to take that away. 

     "Did you finish your poem? It's due today." Luke nodded as he tied his hair back with my clip.

     "Yeah! You wanna read it?" He said as he dug through his bag. 

      "Of course!" I said giving him a smile, happy he wanted me to see his work. I can't wait to read Luke's! Kota's and Gabe's both had dark poems so Luke's would be bright and happy right?

      Luke handed his poem off to me and my smile slowly turned into a frown. Luke's poem was about a little boy who lived on a candy island with a ocean of root beer all around said island. The boy loved being  on the island, but everyday he wanted to go back to his home with his and family. Turns out the boy was in a coma and would never be able to wake up. 

     I put the piece of paper down and looked away from Luke.

    "Sang?" He asked sounding worried. "Are-are you gonna cry?" I wanted to, it was so damn sad.

    "No, I'm fine. " I tuck a piece of hair behind my ear as I passed the poem back to him. "That was...nice?" I say not knowing what else to say, Luke gave me a pout as he looked at his poem.

     "You didn't like it did you? North read it and said it was 'different' and Marc read it as well." I tilted my head at him.

     "What did he say about it?" Luke looked  at me.

      "Marc says to me, 'Luke what the fuck.'" Luke sighed. "I wasn't sure what else to do." I shook my head.

       "Don't listen to them! It's good, it's unexpected." He looked surprised and then happy at what I said.

       "You think so?" He asked and I nodded. Kota came in a hurry with Gabe right behind him. 

       "Hey guys." Me and Luke greeted the boys as they sat around me.  The bell rang not even a second later. Ms. Johnson told everyone to get their poems out while she quietly took role. Gabe eyed my paper and  before I could say anything he snatched from my desk.

      "Hey!" I whispered to him. I was a bit embarrassed of my poem, it was about a little girl who had a basket and went around collecting hidden hearts. When she tried to show people, no one could see them except for her. It didn't have an ending becouse I never finished it, I didn't know how.