Chapter 81

That night I dreamed that I was being chased by a giant ghost who was trying to devour anything that it came across and not matter how fast I ran or where I hid, it was right behind me the entire time. No matter how hard I tried I couldn't get away. 

         "Sang, wake up," Victor's smooth voice called out to me waking me from my nightmare. I woke up with my forehead resting on his arm that he had stretched out underneath my head. With his free hand he brushed some hair from my cheek. "Were you dreaming?" 

        I rub a palm on my left eye. "Hm?" 

        Victor looked over at me as he laid beside me. "You were shaking, were you having a nightmare?"

        I yawned as I sat up. "I was?" How often did I shake when I slept? I looked out the window and noticed that it was dawn. The sun was just beginning to rise and sunshine was just beginning pouring into my room.

       "Yeah, so, was it a nightmare?" He asks again. I watched him as he sat up and the blanket fell from his chest. He'd taken off his shirt the night before only wearing a ribbed tank shirt he wore underneath. It fitted to his chest and stomach. My eyes couldn't stop looking at his strong and lean body. This was the most undressed he's ever been in front of me. After I let Luke sleep in bed with me I couldn't send the boys back to the attic. I needed them by my side.

       My cheeks reddened when I noticed that Victor was staring at me with the same intense look. I look away from him. "Um, I don't think so." I lie and turned back to him.

      "Are you sure?" Victor's eyes sparked, I know he knows I'm lying. 

      I put my finger to my lip as I nodded. I was too afraid to admit that I just lied to his face. Besides nightmares are normal, it's just a part of life. 

      "Well...okay," Victor said sounding unsure. "Do you want to get going?" I nodded once again.

      He pulled himself up and out of the bed. "Go shower and dress, I'll call Nathan and let him and the guys know we're coming."

        I started to move out of bed when I paused.

       "Sang are you okay? Did you hear something?" Victor said quietly moving towards the attic door.

        I blushed again. It wasn't anything I heard but something I felt. I realized I missed sitting on someones lap or them holding me. They've done it so often that it now feels weird when they don't, Victor didn't hold me like the others, but maybe Victor doesn't want to. 

        "Sang?" Victor called out to me.

        "Oh, s-sorry it's nothing." I said as I made my way to my closet to find something to wear. In the corner I could see that North was frowning.

        That morning I took a bath taking my time to wash my body and hair. Victor said we were going shopping on Saturday so I wanted to make sure I looked nice. I wanted to take longer, but didn't want to make Victor wait for me. After getting out I put on a pair of shorts I wore the same day Marie took all my other clothes and a shirt Kota gave me. I was planning to give back all of Jessica's shirts since I was getting new things today.

       When I opened the bathroom I immediately jumped backwards. Victor was leaning against the door frame. My hand flew to my heart. "Victor! You scared me." I whisper shouted. 

       His eyes locked on me. "Do you always take baths in the mornings?" 

       I frowned. What was he doing out in the hallway? Could he tell that easily that I was in the bath? How long was he out for me? Why did he even care? It was just a bath.