Chapter 16

"K-Kota?" He sounded so angry with me.

      "Get off the roof and go behind your shed!"  Click. He hung up on me. I blinked looking over at his house completely forgetting he could see me. I quickly placed the phone in  my bra and made my way back to my room, down the stairs and into my backyard. My feet crunching on the dead dry grass under my feet. My heart beat beating hard against my chest. 

     I made my way to the shed and felt my legs shake underneath me. 

     "Kota?" I quietly called out. I peaked my head around the shed expecting him to be right there but he wasn't. I stood there stumped when my phone buzzed in my bra. I answered noticing it was Kota.

    "Hello?" 

     "Sang are you behind your shed?" He asked. 

    "Um yes," I replied. Kota let out a sigh.

     "Okay thats good," He said. "What where you thinking!? You cold have slipped!" I flinch away from my phone.

    "But I didn't! So crisis averted!" I chuckled nervously. Kota sighed. 

    "Sang I got so scared you were gonna fall, promise me you won't go bouncing off  any roofs okay?" I felt a pang in my chest for making Kota worry. 

     "It's okay Kota, I've been to trained to fall." I tell him not wanting him to worry. 

     "You've what?" He sounded surprised. 

     "In elementary they used to teach us how to roll from a fall." Kota laughed.

     "What kinda elementary school did you go to?" He asked. 

      I giggle. "You should have seen it Kota. Kids purposely jumping from the jungle gym to practice their technique, which I cannot confirm or deny my involvement." He laughed again.

     "It's all in the tuck Kota." I tell him.

      "I'll keep that in mind Sang, but no playing on roofs." 

    "Okay, but what if its an emergency?" I asked as he huffed.

     "Like what?" He asked.

     "A fire or what if there's a zombie?" 

    "A zombie?" He chuckled.

    I smile hearing his laugh. "Or a tiger that ran away from the zoo."

    "Why would a tiger target you?" 

    "Or if someone is breaking in?" 

    "Okay, okay, unless a fire happens or a zombie, tiger, and some random person breaks in, that'll be the only time you can jump onto the roof, but I promise that won't happen." He says.

     "Thanks Kota." I felt my cheeks warm. "Oh and by the way, Silas said something about coming over tomorrow." 

    "Mhmm he texted me, you'll also meet North and Luke." Kota casually said. I felt myself began to get nervous at the thought of meeting new people.

    "O-oh really?" I ask.

    "Yeah they said they wanted to tell us something important." 

     "That's great." I lie, feeling my heart race. I hear a ding coming from my phone. I look to see it was from Luke.

     "Who's that?"  Kota asked me.

     "It's from Luke."

     "Alright, you should answer him, I'll tell the guys to text you before calling you, they shouldn't be surprising you with calls when your mothers around.  And remember Sang no crawling on roofs."