Chapter 25

At some point I lost track of how long I've been crying, but I know it was at least a few hours. I tried to ignore how I felt. I've felt all kinds of pain, but this pain felt different. Knowing the boys true feelings made me feel a odd kind of grief I never felt before. A part of me never wanted to see them again, but another part of me didn't want to let them go. They were the only friends I've ever had.

    Was I really that hard to be around? I never thought so, but what did I know? I close my eyes and sink my face deeper into my pillow.

    A tapping sound came from my window and I glanced at my window. I narrowed my eyes wondering if it was Nathan, he was the last person I wanted to see. More tapping, I frown and got to my feet. I go to my window and threw open the curtains. I see Brandon balancing himself on the roof. 'Let me in' he mouthed.

    I open my window and looked at him "What are you doing?" I whispered. Brandon shifted.

    "Can we talk?" He moved away from my window and gestured for me to step out. I look out to Kota's house, all the lights were off. I drew a breath and began to step out.

    It was cloudy out, dark, it felt as if it were going to rain at any moment. Me and Brandon stepped onto the flat part of of the porch rooftop. Brandon sat down and I followed suit. He looked at me and gave me a gentle smile.

    "Nice to see you again Sang." He says and I felt myself smiling back.

    "Nice to see you too." His smile turned to a frown.

    "Sang, the others-" A ping rang from his phone. "The others told-" Another loud ping. "They told me that-" Once again there was a ping. "Excuse me." Brandon reached in his pocket for his phone. He scowled as he looked at the screen. He slipped his phone back into his pocket as he looked to Kota's house. Brandon raised his middle finger before looking back at me. "Sang the others told me about what happened, at the courtyard." I frown. "I know you're probably hurt-"

    "Probably?" I repeat. "I am! Brandon they called me a dog. A dog." I felt tears sting my eyes once again. Brandon shook his head.

    "Sang you just don't understand." He said.

    "What's there to understand Brandon?" I felt myself shake. I'm not sure if it was from sadness, anger, or the fact that it was cold out. Probably a combination of all three.

    "What Nathan meant when he said stray dog was um..." He looked deep in thought, I crossed my arms together trying to keep myself from shaking any harder.

   "I am not a dog." I repeat. "If they didn't want my friend they could have told me!" Brandon looked at me, I turned away from him. "He didn't have to be so nasty about it. If they didn't want to be my friend," tears sprang out of my eyes. "They could have said so. I'm used to being ignored by others. They didn't- He- I-" I stumble with my words and I just hang my head and brought my knees closer to me.

    "Oh Sang." Brandon whispered. I hear him unzip the black and red jacket he was wearing and wrapped it around my arms. His scent immediately hit my nose. "They don't hate you, none of us do, you're our friend." I peeked at him.

    "Really?" I asked. He nodded 

    "Yes." He said.

    "Then why did he say that?" Brandon frowned as he glanced at Kota's house.

    "I can't- Sang, our group we're different, special." He explained. "I know the boys have mentioned something about a private school?" I nodded. "We attend a place called the Academy, but this year we're on loan from the Academy to Ashley Waters."

    "B-but I don't understand why are you here?" I ask.

    "This year we're here to set an example to the other students and better the curriculum." I looked at Brandon not truly believing him. How could these boys help a school with over a thousand students. Why did it even have to be a secret.

    "We're you guys ever going to tell me?" I let out a sniffle. 

    "We wanted to Sang, but we had to keep it a secret, we weren't supposed to get close to anyone." I sigh. I was still confused, but I shouldn't press Brandon for answers if he wasn't allowed to tell me.

   "But why did Nathan say that stuff about me?" I ask.

   "It's an Academy thing Sang, women are birds and the men are dogs." Brandon began to explain. "Victor was telling me how a while back they tried to bring another friend into their group and it didn't work out. Nathan was quoting Mr. Blackbourne." 

   "So you guys still want to be friends with me?" I glance over at Kotas house. I could swear I saw something move by the window, but I wasn't sure. 

   "Of course Sang." I feel myself lean into him. "There is so much I want to tell you about the Academy, but I can't right now."

   "I understand. So Nathan didn't mean it?" I felt so dumb for how I reacted with the boys at the courtyard. "God, I overreacted didn't I?" I choked out. Brandon put an arm around me.

   "You were upset Sang," Brandon gave me a squeeze. "Hell I'd be upset too if I were you." 

    "I yelled at them, I told them to stay away from me," I cringe on how I acted earlier that day. "Oh God I threw the phone they bought me as hard as I could right at them." I put my head gently on Brandons' shoulder. "I'm the worst person ever." 

     "Sang we've met some really bad people in our life, trust me you are not the worst." This made me feel slightly better.

   "You don't think they hate me do you?" Brandon leaned closer into me.

    "They could never hate you." He tells me. "Oh by the way." Brandon shifted around and pulled out a pink phone. I reached out for it. I noticed that the phone was slightly different. The case was a lighter shade of pink with a red heart. The one before was dark pink with no other design.  I groan.

    "I broke my phone didn't I?" I looked up to Brandon who smiled a bit.

    "Yeah you did, I never knew you could throw so hard" He says. "You should try out for softball." I feel myself  pout. 

    "Brandon." I mumbled.

    "Sorry." He quietly says. We sit there close together in silence. I think of the other boys and I know that I have to say I'm sorry.

    "What should I do know?" I ask looking over at Brandon. He kept staring off into the distance.

    "You could come over tomorrow." He glanced at me. "If you want." I nodded.

    "I want to say I'm sorry." I tell him. 

    "If that's really what you want." I leaned into him and yawned. "But you need to rest first." I shake my head, right now I felt so comfortable I wanted to stay just a while longer. 

    "I'm okay." I tell him as I close my eyes, the smell of peppermint all around me.

   I woke up to feel myself being placed on a soft surface. My eyes flutter open to see that Brandon was looming over me while placing me into my bed. "Brandon?" I ask. He was quick to shush me. He put the blanket over me. 

  "Go back to sleep Sang," He whispers into my ear. "I'll see you tomorrow."

    He moves away from me and back towards the window. Shutting it carefully behind him. I sit up and tip toe towards the window. It was dark out and it was raining gently. I hear a soft thud and see Brandon's dark figure run across my drive way, before running even faster down the road. He made his way to Kota's front door before opening it and slipping in. 

-----------------------------------------

I hope you guys had a good Valentines day whether your single or taken!!

This double update is my gift to you on this lovely holiday. 

Love y'all smoochies 03U