Chapter 57

As I dangle on the railing I can hear the boys yell and shout for me. They probably thought I went over AND fell. I didn't dare look down.  I didn't want to. I couldn't.

       I can feel myself slip, if I fell I'd more than likely land on Greg, hurting both him and I in the process. Looking around, panicked, I notice a flag pole with the South Carolina flag on it.  I feel myself take a breath as I quickly beginning to shuffle my way towards it. I can swear I hear more voices shout from the ground. I could swear some of those voices belonged to Brandon, Gabe, and Nathan. Don't look down! Don't look down! I scream at myself as I shuffle towards the pole. My hands were starting to get sore and even sweatier.

         As I reach the pole I step on it and I can feel beginning to bend. If I was going to use this pole I only had one shot. As I stepped on it I used the strength of my arms to pull me up over the railing. As I did I feel the pole break underneath my foot. As I landed to my side I could hear the metal pole hit the ground.  

       The braid that once held my hair together was now gone thanks to all the fighting, my hair was a  loose and tangled mess. I pushed my hair away from my eyes as I looked around me. Kota was still struggling and the others were on the ground, fighting against the people holding them down. 

        A tingle ran up and down my body, a tingle similar to lighting. I shook, biting my lip I could taste blood as my fists shook. Greg went over, no one else is going over, not if I could help it. I'm going to end this now!

        I felt just like a lioness as I stalk up to one of the guys that was holding Silas down. Quietly I ran up to him and leaped up as I dug my fingernails into his back, pushing my knees into the center off his back. This took him of guard as he gave a quick shout, he also let go of Silas. This was all Silas needed.

        A foot flew out and so did a fist. The guys that were once on top of him were finally backing off. Silas was getting on his feet.

        I hear thudding coming up the stairs.  People began to fight, not that I had time to watch. I dropped from the guy and went for another who was trying to go after Silas. Jumping at him I was able to move him away from Silas, he ended up grabbing me and threw me across the floor.  I could feel my phone fly out from my bra as I landed roughly on my back, any air in my lungs was knocked out. I took a deep breath as I began to cough. 

        Someone picked me up and held me close. I began to struggle, kicking, biting, clawing.

         "Hey, hey, hey," A deep voice said. "We're with you."

          His familiar cologne tickled my nose as I looked up and locked eyes with him. 

          "Rocky..." I coughed as he pulled away from the action, pulling me from the crowd. I was finally able to study the scene that was happening around me. Chaos, all male, all seriously pissed off. 

          Brandon was punching one of the guys who was twisting Corey's arm. Someone jumped on Brandon's back. The guy tried to wrap his arm around Brandon's throat, trying to choke him when Corey immediately grabbed the boy and threw him to the side, kicking him before going at someone else with his fists.

        Nathan and Kota stood back to back both swinging at whoever came near them. Jay, Rocky's bestie, stood a few feet away from them, helping them. 

         Marc slowly stood as he wiped some blood from his lip with his thumb, smiling, both of his  different colored eyes glimmering with something dangerous. He ran over to the twins and began to knock some more guys over. All three now fought together.

         Silas and North were on their feet. A group of large guys ran to them at full force, trying to knock them down. Silas swiped at their feet, knocking two guys. North grabbed a kid and threw him behind him, the guy landed roughly on his back behind North's feet. 

         Mike, Jer, and other students were fighting along Luke, Victor, and Gabe. 

          I see two guys try to go after Gabe, as soon as one landed a punch on him. Luke came at them twice as hard, and Victor was right behind Luke. Luke's and Victor's uniform was torn.

          Students shouts rang through out the space.

          "This tradition is so fucked!"

           "Who fucking threw her!?" 

           "Quit fightin,g just give up!" 

           I couldn't handle it anymore. I needed to help my boys. I tried to pull myself away from Rocky, but he just held me tighter. "Stay here, you aren't safe out there." He commanded me to stay and I huff. 

         The once huge mob of boys were backing down. They were out numbered. Some students lay knocked out through out the floor. 

        "Let her go!" A loud voice boomed. I look up to see Silas angrily making his way towards us. Instead of letting me go Rocky gripped me tighter against his chest while taking a step back. This just made Silas angrier. I couldn't blame either of the boys. Silas didn't know Rocky and rocky didn't know Silas. I took my arm out as I put a hand out. 

       "Wa-wait..." I squeak. Silas immediately stopped at my request. His fists were tense and he gritted his teeth. "Rocky, let me go." I squirmed. 

       "Hmph fine, but becareful."  He finally gave in and released me from his tight grip. I stumbled forward towards Silas.

        Silas waited for me till I was halfway to him before he moved quickly towards me. With one swooped he picked me up and held me close to him. My arms wrapped around his neck as I buried my head into his shoulder his ocean scent relaxes me as I tremble.

       It all hit me at once, everything that just happened everything I just did. I shook and closed my eyes tight wanting to forget it all. 

       More arms surround me, gentle hands soothe me. I was being hugged, held and comforted by familiar bodies. Kota said something I didn't catch, but I felt Silas shake his head.

       "No." He said, his voice gruff. Instead he just held me tighter.  I slowly opened my eyes and glanced around me, at the boys. Each of the 9 boys stood by Silas, standing guard. It seemed like they challenged anyone who came close. Anyone who got to close got a shove and a verbal warning, well more like a threat on their well being. 

      It wasn't long after that teachers finally seemed to show up. Axel and Mr. Blackbourne followed by Mr. Hendricks and other teachers finally made their way up the stairs. Grabbing at any students who  tried to leave. I look around to see that Eric, Mike and Jer disappeared. 

        Axel runs towards us, he's breathing heavily as he looks up at us. "It's all over guys." The guys stood where they were and instead waited for the rest of the students to be rounded up before they even began moving.

       Axel and Mr. Blackbourne led the way down the stairs as Silas continued to hold me as the others nine boys surrounded us. As we walked Silas told me to close my eyes. I didn't.

       I gasped when I saw a small pool of blood spreading throughout the floor where I knew Greg previously was.

____________________

THANK You guys so much for all your love and support!!

I can't believe all the reads and stars I have ya'll so amazing for sticking with me and my crazy upload schedule

as a thank you for 169 (hehehehehehegrosshehehe) followers  have this chapter

(1357 Words)