Chapter 17

The next day I woke up at the break of dawn. I look out the window and see my dads car out the driveway.  I grab my clothes and slipped them on in a hurry. I chose to beige sandals, pairing it with a short green skirt, and a yellow tank top. I took time brushing my hair, taking time to put my hair in a neater twist then I usually do. I look at myself in the mirror making sure I look nice. It felt weird putting so much attention on how I look. A few days ago I would never care how I look. 

     I grabbed my phone and grabbed and my phone charger from the attic and decided to charge it. I sat patiently for my phone to charge. I reached for the shoe box under my bed and wrote in my dairy. Writing about my last few days, meeting the boys, my feelings. By the time I was done my phone was fully charged. I slipped the phone in my bra and hid my charger deep in the attic. I tip toed down the stairs and out the sliding glass door.  I walked through the woods testing my voice as I went down the dirt path. I was able to speak softly but would crack if I went any louder. 

     Finding the old church wasn't hard since there was a large cross on both doors. The windows on the church were long and narrow, besides the golden crosses the entire building was a soft white. Moving away from the doors I come across an old jungle gym. The grass was growing high around it. I notice a swing set and walk towards it. I sat crossing my legs as I began slowly swinging. Looking at the church I do my best to picture it as a diner. There was dead bushes surrounding the church, the parking lot was made from gravel. The whole lot needed lots of love, but I'm sure the boys can handle it. 

     My phone suddenly vibrated. I grabbed it from bra and notice it was Luke.

     Luke: I'm so hungry! What's your favorite kinda breakfast? 

    Sang: Pancakes! 

   "Chocolate chip pancakes?" A voice asked right behind me. 

   I jump with a yelp, sliding from the seat and onto my thigh. I look to see who it was. Standing in front of me was a guy with bright brown eyes, blond hair long enough to almost touch his shoulders. Most of it was puled back in a messy ponytail. Locks hung around his ears and his face. He wore light colored Levi jeans, black flip flops, and a blue button up shirt. The first three buttons were undone so I was able to see halfway down his chest. His skin was was just little bit darker then my pale skin. He had a strong chin and high cheek bones. I can imagine him as model. 

    "Oops sorry Sang!" He reached out a hand. "I didn't mean to startle you!" 

    I knew my mouth was stupidly hanging open, "Luke?" I reached out my hand and he took it in his as he help me stand on my feet.

     He gave me a small bow with a wide smile on his face. "The one and only!" let me go and gestured to the swing set, we both took a seat. I couldn't help but stare at him, he wasn't as muscular as Nathan or Silas, but was clearly strong. His gaze went from me to the diner. 

    "How are you Sang?" He asked.

     I swallowed to make sure my voice would work. "I'm fine and you?" He turned and beamed at me.

     "I'm excited to turn this place into a diner. Do you think you can see the ol' space as a diner?" 

      "I think it'll depend on the inside." I tilted my head towards the church. He smiled at me. 

     "That's true." He began swinging.  "I really like these swings. To bad we have to get rid of them." I gave him a curios look. "Insurance reasons." He simply said. 

     "That stinks," I said. "Would have been great for the kids. I also really like these swings." Luke chuckled at that. 

     "Maybe when we get rid of this, I could work on expanding the garden, I also could set up a patio up front." I look at the building and nodded. 

    "That's an amazing idea Luke. I bet it'll look nice." He kept going higher on the swing set.

    "Thanks Sang! Do you wanna see it?" I tilted my head at him.

    "The inside?" exploring? Heck yeah. "Yes!" 

    "Okay!" Luke said as he jumped from the swing. He landed flat on his feet and twisted himself towards me, his staring directly into mine. "Lets go." 

     As  we walked together towards the church something sweet came from him. He walked so close to me. it felt so weird I can't even remember being this close to my family and here I am with a stranger. So many boys have touched me these past few days, it all felt so unreal.

    I followed right next to Luke, as we reached the door he took a big key and opened the old church doors. The door made a creaking sound, we stepped in. The first thing I notice was the  smell of dust and stale air.  He closed the door behind us. as we walked farther the darker it got. I began to get scared and reached a hand out for Luke. 

     "Luke?" I called for him. I felt something take my hand and I jumped. 

     "Sorry Sang, I'm sorry I'm not sure where the light switch is." I sucked in a breath and continued to follow behind hi. My heart beat quickened. We neared the end of the hallway, a window provided some light. There was wide double door to the right. He slowly let go of my hand and opened it. 

     "Here Sang keep it open, I'll be right back." 

     "Okay I'll be here." I tell him. His footsteps got more and more distant as time passed. Suddenly lights flickered on and I cringe at the sudden bust of light around me. Luke came from the door. 

    "Well Sang," He gestured around the room. "What do you think?" I swept my eyes across the room. 

     "Lots of space for all kinds of tables and booths." I said. Luke pointed to a stage. 

     "Check it out!" He jumped on the wooden stage. " We can use this for band nights. This feels like its in good condition." He stomped on the ground hard. His foot suddenly went through. I gasped and ran towards him. He  took out his leg. " Spoke to soon, its fine I can fix it." I look around the room.

    "You should add a jukebox." I said. As Luke jumped from the stage. 

    "Yeah we can add a bar over there." He pointed to the end of the room.

    "You guys should add one of those cases for baked goods." I added. 

    "We should put some flowers around the place." Luke looked down at me. "Whats your favorite kinds of flowers?" 

      I felt my cheeks glow. "Um roses, white roses." He smiled, showing off his perfect teeth. 

     "I'll plant some roses out in the front."I grinned at the idea. He continued walking around with me my hand in his, pointing me to thing and telling me what he wanted to do with the place. His imagination was never ending. 

    "You see it right Sang?" He asked with a gleam in his eyes.

    "Yeah Luke, it's beautiful." He smiled ear to ear as if I just told him he won the lottery. He began to pull me away from the stage area. 

     "Come on," he said still holding onto me. "Let's go look at the kitchen." We walked together and we were so close I could smell his fragrance, a mixture of sugar and vanilla. We entered what I assumed was the kitchen. Luke tried to flick the light on, but when nothing happened he slumped his shoulders. 

    "Sang stay here there's a breaker around here." I walked farther into the kitchen as I heard Luke walk away. There was a window high up that had a curtain blocking the sunlight. I jumped up, grabbed it and pulled it down. It came with down, letting sunlight enter the kitchen. I got on my tip toes to look out the window to see the forest. I smile knowing how close this place was to my house. 

    "Who the hell are you?" A deep voice demanded from behind me. My blood went cold at the sudden booming voice.

____________

A/N- Hey guys just wanted to give you all an update. I'm starting college back up tomorrow and I probably won't update until I settle in, wish me luck. Thanks for reading!