I Promise

Hello everyone! I hope your holidays went well even if not a lot happened and I hope you all had a wonderful time! And Happy New Year! 🥳 I also hope 2021 is wonderful for all of you guys and I pray it's even better than 2020 (it probably already is). But yes, I hope you all have a wonderful year!

Also, I hope you all are enjoying my latest one-shots as well. I did enjoy writing them! But in the meanwhile, I hope you all enjoy this new one-shot!!

(Sadly, this isn't a Christmas special. I just thought the photo was cute.)

(Natsu and Lucy are already dating)

‼️ Warning: This chapter contains cussing involving the F word.

He doesn't exactly remember the time, but all he knew was that it was early. A lot earlier than he initially had planned.

If the old clock in his house was correct, it would be about 7 am. And if he had to guess, it would be about 20 minutes since he's been awake.

The blonde next to him slept peacefully and silently. Sometimes he had to check if she was still alive or not. Either way, it made him happy just to see her at peace. Despite all the wars they've been in, she was always the most optimistic person he's ever know. And he could not prefer anyone else.

As of right now, the two were facing each other. Lucy slept with her head on her bent arm, right under her right ear. Her chest rose slowly and her blonde hair laid loose as single strands held onto her fair shoulders.

This was the messiest he's ever seen her. Not to mention, the most comfortable.

And with full honesty, the dragon slayer was in love with her. Every single angle of her. He would've never admitted before but he most certainly would now seeing that he's finally realized it.

Typically, she would wake up in his arms and the thought that they weren't cuddling now made him frown the slightest but the reason is simple. Last night, Cana got way too crazy with the party and ended up causing chaos. Of which Natsu volunteered to be dragged in as Lucy did not volunteer.

They could only imagine the hangover she'll have. They're not really worried for her to have a headache or whatever for she's probably used to it, but more, where she even is. Last time they saw her, she was dancing on top of table singing a random song.

Wherever she is, they are sure she's fine though even if it may be a little concerning.

That wasn't what Natsu was trying to get at, however.

He stared back at the blonde who's skin gradually glowed as the sun slowly rose. Her blonde hair was a graceful yellow that rivaled a daffodil. When she wasn't sleeping, her eyes were the most beautiful brown could ever be. It was an evenly matched color of chocolate, caramel, and cinnamon that had a magnificent shine. He's never really though about it until now, but her lips were a sweet pink that matched a bubblegum type of shade. Their first kiss — he'll never forget it. It wasn't anything intense that led to a make-out session or anything but it was certainly memorable.

His hand slowly met her cheek and then her ear as his thumb softly caressed it. Why didn't he realize his feelings sooner? How could he have avoided this long wait before he realized?

He's never exactly shown it (but Gray says otherwise), but he really does love her. He doesn't have to kiss her or compliment every second of the day to show that. Even though, he'll admit, he is pretty lovey-dovey with her — many people say they knew they were in love before they even realized it.

His thumb softly caressed her cheek as he felt her begin to slightly stir. Her eyes creaked open the slightest as she glanced tiredly at him, slowly blinking to help keep her awake.

"It's too early for this . . ." She muttered as she sighed.

Natsu softly chuckled, "Did I wake you up?"

She laid her face down on her pillow. "Yeahh . . . But that's okay, I guess." She smiled slightly.

"I'm sO soRry my wiTtle loVe bUg." He spoke jokingly as the blonde softly pushed him.

"Shut uuop." She scoffed with a grin gracing her lips. "Why am I so tired? It's almost 8 o'clock." She buried her head into her pillow.

"I told you this new bed was comfy. Of course, not as comfy as yours but y'know." Natsu played with the edges of the blanket.

"I still miss my bed." Lucy grinned playfully.

"Too bad I burned down your kitchen."

"Stop it, don't remind me. It smelled so terrible."

"Yeah, it kinda reminded me of that one time I had pork chop and-"

"Oh my God, Natsu please don't start. I swear nobody cares about your shit talks."

"It was all mushy-"

"OH MY GOD NATSU PLEASE SHUT THE HELL UP."

"And it came out like-"

"NO I PREFER NOT TO LOSE MY APPETITE BEFORE I EVEN EAT."

Natsu laughed heartedly, "Haha, I'm just kidding. Don't worry. But it did happen to someone else though and that locker room will never be the same again."

"You know, I can see why people find it hard to believe we're still together." Lucy smiled brightly about what she was about to say.

Natsu glanced at her, "And why's that?"

"Well, half the time, we're like 'Oh I love you so much. Give me kisses and huggies.' Then like the other half of the time we're like 'FUCK YOU GET OUT OF HERE.'"

The two of them both ended up bursting out into laughter that of which earned a slight cough from them.

"It's a really good thing Happy isn't here right now."

Lucy glanced up at him, "Speaking of which, where is he?"

"I think Wendy abducted him for the night or whatever."

"I'm going back to bed." Lucy stated as she pulled the blanket over her shoulders. She opened up her arms, gesturing Natsu to come and hold her.

"Oneee second," Natsu slightly closed the curtains so the sunlight wouldn't be so blinding later and won't wake them up right off the bat.

Once finished, he then made his way towards the blonde and embraced her. She wrapped her arms lovingly around him as she laid her head on his chest, listening to his steady heartbeat.

Natsu wrapped an arm around her neck softly as he then placed a short and sweet kiss on the crown of her head. He stared off into the darkness of their room. "Hey Luce,"

"Yeah?" She responded quietly.

"I love you."

Lucy smiled warmly against his chest, "I love you more, dummy."

"Promise me we'll stay together?"

Lucy slowly rose back up to face him, she grinned tenderly once again, "I promise."