One Drunk Night

Hi everyone! This one-shot took me a while but I had a lot of fun writing it so feel free to tell me how I did! I hope you all enjoy this new one-shot!!

I also would like to say thank you to all of you who sent me a tremendous amount of love and support after last chapter! I appreciated it so much and I don't know what I would do without you guys. I love you all seriously so much. ❤️

(Natsu and Lucy are not already dating)

The blonde softly sat herself down in front of her desk. She gazed down at the blank paper in front of her. Her mind wandered, it has been quite a while since she last wrote. She then glanced around her empty apartment. Everywhere she looked, she couldn't seem to find the reckless dragon slayer she knew as Natsu. She sighed a breath of relief.

"Time alone . . . Finally." She warmly grinned to herself.

She didn't mind Natsu being around her. By any chance, she loved it. He always had such a bright grin that made her day and energy that could lighten up even the downest of moods. She grinned just thinking about it. She could never admit it herself. She'd be far too embarrassed. But she could say she did grow feelings for the pyromaniac.

She shook her head, "I have to write. This is the free time I'm gonna have for like a week." After that thought, she quickly took her pen in hand and hovered it just above the paper before wandering back into her thoughts. "Okay, you're ready. Now what?" She thought.

She bit the skin of her lip lightly as she wandered what she could write about. She could've swore she had an idea about an hour ago. She just had to get distracted. She sighed frustratedly, "Please, God, don't give me writers block the one time-"

Her phone lacrima rung, catching her full attention.

"If it's Natsu, I'm hurting him." She cursed under her breath.

She picked up the lacrima and held it to her ear. Sighing before answering with a polite yet tempted, "Hello?"

"Yo Lucy, we're gonna need you over here." A familiar voice said with a hint of concern in his tone.

"Gray? What for?" She replied, matching his concern.

"I know you left early to work on your story but— HEY KEEP YOUR HANDS TO YOURSELF — but, right after you left, Cana decided to lighten up the night, I guess."

Lucy sighed, "What'd she do now?"

"Well, I'll give you a hint; Natsu is currently bawling his eyes out on the ground and slurring a bunch of different words together. But one word he keeps on saying is 'Lucy.'"

Lucy's breath hitched. Why in the world would he be calling out for her? More importantly, if Cana did what Lucy thinks she did, how much did she give him?

"I think—" Gray chuckled. "I think he wants you here, Lucy."

"Yeah, I'm starting to think that too." The blonde laughed nervously.

Lucy has never dealt with a drunk Natsu before. At first, she thought dragon slayers don't get drunk. But that changed when Wendy got drunk. Ever since, she was curious about Natsu. But a part of her secretly feared for her life. She was scared to find out how chaotic he just may be.

"I'll be over in a few. Give me a minute or two." Lucy responded.

"I recommend wearing something that you wouldn't mind getting dirty by the way . . . He doesn't look too good." Gray uttered.

"He doesn't look too good? God, how much did he drink?"

Gray scoffed, "Enough."