Your Words

Hello~ welcome to another one of my one-shots!!

Also, can someone please tell me why this chapter title sounds so cheesy?

Anyway, Natsu and Lucy aren't dating in this one but after all, please enjoy!!

After that previous job, it was the risk that erupted his mind. How many lives he had put at sake. His positive mind, now flooded with negative thoughts, why and did he do that mistake. It was only a blessing that everyone remained safe.

"I'm sorry," He muttered, especially towards the only girl next to him.

"Shut up silly, you've said that one too many times." She responded, a small smile gracing her lips.

"Luce, you could've died." He avoided contact with her as his thumbs danced around.

"And I didn't. Natsu, you already fixed your mistake by saving us. There's no need to apologize anymore." Her tone grew less positive as it was.

"Lucy—"

She quickly got up, stood in front of him, inches away from his face, interrupting his words as she placed her hands on his shoulder blades. "Would you shut up already? Natsu! I highly could not be anymore grateful than I already am for you. Think about how many people would've failed risking their friend's lives but saving them in return? It's a very low possibility to be successful. Where's the positive Dragneel I know? Come on, lemme see you smile that toothy grin." She trilled softly.

He couldn't help but to stare into her deep brunette eyes that said a need for happiness, from him. He was truly sorry he wasn't able to grin so hugely, he wants to. But sadly, his manner was lost.

She sighed heavily, "It's okay if you don't want to." With that, she let go of his shoulders.

"Luce, I think I'm gonna go for the night." He spoke rather dryly and clearly tired of the day that overwhelmed him. He stood on his feet and begun his way to the door.

Seeing his emptied and depressed manner, Lucy lifted her hand, grasping his wrist tightly in return, pausing him in his steps. He took a gaze at her, but her gaze did not match his.

"Y'know, the last time you've been so down on yourself was the time Igneel died and you felt as if you were too weak to defend your friends. A couple days later, I then revived a letter—from you. Saying you were leaving for a whole year without even saying goodbye to me in person. Did you know how lonely I was? Listen Natsu, you have no idea of how. . .—how much I wanted to help you. How much I wished us both could've saved him. But, sometimes, there will be a time where you will need to stop taking care of others and start taking care of yourself." With her words said so loudly and clearly, it clearly brought attention to him. She was so. . . Demanding now than she was before. Was she always like this? Or has she learned his such stubbornness?

"Luce," Was all he was able to speak out.

"Can you at least smile for me?" A curve graced her lips softly as he looked down at her. Her brunette eyes with a clear beg and her cheeks a faded rose.

He than dazed to her lips, perfectly curved and well mannered as she smiled delightfully. Her shining eyes, glassy as ever as her eyes begun to meet his.

That was when, his lips curved too. Than finally exposed to a toothy grin. The one she loved very much and very much indeed missed with all her heart.

A person like her was honestly all he had ever needed and wanted. He learned he could not live without her, never in Mavis' name.

He dipped down, slowly, hesitation in between before his eyes became slanted and her eyes than too followed along, soon dazing off to each other's fair lips as their lips parted slightly. Just at a synch, they both pressed their lips tightly against each other's. Hopes that the moment will never end.

Her hand that was once grasping his wrist, rose to his shoulder blades along with her other symmetrical one. His palms tightly around her waist, as they continued moving their lips at a steady movement.

Continuing the small make-out session, he slowly parted, seeing her cheeks caked with a cloud of pink. Her eyes bulging and her lips shutting themselves quickly, she escaped his grasp and shook her arms in front of her blushing face.

"U-uhh! Sorry!" She quickly apologized as she thought before things could get worse.

"What? Why?" He exclaimed. "Did I do something wrong?" He assumed fairly quickly.

"No! It's not you! It's me! I did something wrong." She assumed as well, avoiding meet with his gaze.

"No, by any chance, I liked it." He dipped down lower to her face, a smirk playfully dancing on lips, a slight blush blanketing his cheeks as his eyes narrowed down on her.

Her neck perked back in surprise Of such action. Especially coming from him.

A panicking squeal escaped from her tight-closed lips that's corners softly upturned as a heavy blush took control of her heated cheeks.

After a few seconds in—of just ten admiring each other, Lucy still squealing in the inside and out—, she came up quickly, pecking her lips on his and bursting out into a sprint later on.

His enhanced senses kicking in, he heard the cutest words a squeal could make, "I l-liked it too, dummy!"

A brighter grin came upon him as his blush grew heavier,

"Thanks Luce."