Numb

Hello everyone, welcome to a new one-shot! This one is going to be another "already dating" and I am so so sorry, I've just had little to no motivation at all these past weeks and these are the only ideas I can think of. I hope you all enjoy!!

(Natsu and Lucy are already dating)

‼️Warning: Contains mentions of depression and anxiety/anxiety attacks. If any of this triggers you in any way, this one-shot is not for you. Also, slight spoilers from the Tartaros Arc.

The thought of going any further then she already was seemed to tire her out a lot more than she expected. She hadn't slept in the past three days which completely exhausted her. Nothing seemed to satisfy her at the moment. Of course, she did have an amazing boyfriend, Natsu Dragneel, and forever, she will be grateful for him. But for right now, it just seemed that she needed a break from everything. A mental break. Just some time to think about things. She didn't exactly know what those things were but the thought certainly scared her.

She slowly rose from her position. She was currently slumped over her desk with her head resting on her crossed arms. She glanced at the curtains covering her windows. She blinked slowly then rested her head back in its original position.

"It's too early . . ."

The next day, the blonde found herself in the same position. Except, it appeared to be a lot more earlier than she thought. The sun was just now rising as the light begun to barely crack through her room.

She slowly stretched her arms then gently threw her head back on her chain. She stared at her ceiling for a good minute, contemplating if she was going to actually try and do anything today.

Natsu knew she wasn't feeling her best, but he didn't know how she felt deeply. Right now, he's on a mission with Gajeel and Wendy that's supposed to only last a few days. Which, in Lucy's eyes, was just a break for her to stop faking her happiness around him. Not that she wasn't happy around him. She really was. She just didn't want him to have to worry more about her then he already does.

"He should be coming home today. Maybe I should try to move around?"

The moment she stood up, she felt like collapsing. It's been awhile since she's actually moved. Most of the time, she just spent being slumped and contemplating at her desk. She glanced down at her grey sweatpants and black jacket that coated her black tank-top.

"I look messy." She thought as she hugged her stomach. "Nobody likes messy."

She quietly lowered her head as she then made her way to the kitchen. She poured herself a small cup of water and took a few sips before placing the cup in the sink.

Right after that, she sat herself back down at her desk as she stared blankly at the wall.

"I would write to mom . . . But I don't know where my pen is." She silently sighed at the thought.

She moved her bangs away from her face but they seemed to fall back in place. Speaking of which, she couldn't seem to remember the last time she even brushed her hair throughly or took a shower where she actually cleaned herself. Most of the time, she just sat on the floor and let the water just fall down on her. But then she feared the water bill so for the rest of the time, she just sat on the cold bathroom floor, numb.

Her hands covered her face as she sighed and felt small tears build in the corners of her eyes.

"I miss you mom."

**ding!**

A sound interrupted her thoughts as she glanced down at her phone that she's barely touched within the past days. She read the notification: