Even When I'm Weak

Hello everyone!! I hope you'll all enjoy this new one-shot!! Also, in case I do forget, happy holidays! I hope you all have a wonderful one!!

(Natsu and Lucy are already dating)

Late at Night

It was a peaceful, silent night as many eyes rested in the central city of Magnolia. As for some groups or couples, they slept deeply as they were exhausted from any previous, last-second missions. As for Natsu and Lucy, they had gotten home around twelve hours ago, ate dinner eleven hours ago, and went straight to bed—ten hours ago. However, Natsu hadn't felt his best yet. No, he wasn't sad or stressed; more drawn. Like his heart is weary and he can't get enough sleep. Even though he's gotten plentiful of sleep this week.

Sometimes, he would just start coughing out of nowhere. And not the typical kind. The kind where it sounds dry and it feels like his heart is tugging on his lungs. Despite how painful that sound, he made it look like it was nothing. He acted as healthy as ever, even though, his fire was much cooler than normal.

So, this one night; it got worse. Even though it was already worsening over the past few weeks, he felt like crap. So, while his beautiful blonde girlfriend, Lucy peacefully slept at 3'am, his body jerked as he woke with an inside cough; one that was kept in his mouth so he could avoid waking her up.

However, it got serious when he just couldn't hold it in anymore and he let out one quiet cough. Thankfully, she didn't seem to have woken up. So, since he felt quite calm at the moment, he decided to try to get some sleep.

Before jerking to cough once again. This went on for about five minutes.

He coughed once more as his body faced the ceiling and his tired eyes were wetted at their corners. His throat burned. That's how he knew something wasn't right. But he didn't want to make such a fuss about it so he decided; just keep quiet. It'll get better.

So, once he started to silently cough again, he felt the bed slightly shake. And not from him.

"Natsu, get some water," The blonde stirred awake as she glanced at him with worry and care despite the absolute darkness in their room.

Natsu gazed back at her with guilt, "Did I wake you? I couldn't keep quiet. I'm sorry," He spoke raspy, his voice nearly gone.

Lucy slowly got up and faced him quite close, "You're fine. I was already kinda awake. But please, get some water," She grinned softly. She placed the back of her fair hand against his forehead as he gazed at her brunette irises with worry.

"You're freezing. No wonder you haven't been your best on the field." She giggled slightly. "I'll get you some water. You just relax."

And with that, she swiftly got up from the bed and strolled to the kitchen whereas, Natsu surrounded his body—toe to chin— with her fluffy, warm blanket as he silently whimpered. He's never been sick like this. And he truly didn't like being sick around her.

A couple of minutes later, Lucy came back with a small cup filled mostly of water and handed it to Natsu, of which he delightfully took in hand the moment he got up in joy. He was gonna get water later, however, like he said, he thought he was gonna get better.

Once finished with the cup, the blonde than placed it on her bedside table than relaxed into bed with the dragon slayer for the lights had been off.

He softly hugged her as the blankets surrounded him as she fiddled with the hairs on his head.

He could lay like this forever. If only he wasn't this sick. But this treatment sure was helping.

The following morning, Natsu woke around 6'am. It was earlier than usual and it was getting even more early throughout the week.