Child

Hi everyone! Nothing much to announce except the fact that Natsu and Lucy aren't dating in this one-shot!

In the meantime, enjoy!!!

Jellal and Erza were finally pronounced married two years ago of which had even brought a sweet child two years later from that very day. It was relief to all, many were worried that Erza had still fallen for Jellal's lie about his "fiancée". Turning point though, turns out she knew the whole time. There was no ring on his finger nevertheless, She heard what Meredy said about "lying" to Jellal.

Besides those couple, most others are rather married or engaged. Such as Gray and Juvia(who are engaged), Gajeel and Levy who are also already married and Elfman and Evergreen who too are married. Now, the only destined-to-be-couple are Natsu Dragneel and Lucy Heartfilia. Yes, they've waited this long and still no kisses, late night make-outs, weddings, dates,—none of that stuff yet. However, their signs for passion to each other such as blushing, constant staring—anything that means something out of the friend zone, were very visible.

Until this very day,
Erza has decided to take her sweet daughter to the guild from after a week-long vacation with Jellal. Before that week, no one has fully had the chance to meet the child or even see her.

The guild doors erupted with light flooding in and the startling creak in the rust of the door.

"You said you wanted to see her," Erza spoke loud and clear as her daughter almost ate her scarlet hair before Erza gently pulled her hair out of reach of the child.

"Awwwww! Erza, she's so precious!" Mira awed at the sweet, babbling child.

"Wow Erza, you and Jellal must have did a lot of work for that child." Cana winked at Erza, causing a blanket of pink to cake her fair cheeks.

The scarlet haired mage shortly recovered—somewhat. And she sat down with the Team Natsu at their original table, of course joined by few others.

She glanced around seeing Gray and Juvia close together, as well as Gajeel and Levy. In her defense, she wasn't as surprised for those pairs. Including all the others—besides one. She was most shocked when she saw Natsu and Lucy sitting next to each other, yet, there was no glistening ring on Lucy's left hand. Erza was most disappointed by the results.

"You guys are so oblivious," She muttered under her breath, the child giggling and clapping her hands by her mother's attitude.

"Huh?" Natsu leaned back in his bench.

"Natsu Dragneel!" She snapped loudly. "How come I don't see a ring on Lucy's finger?!"

"Oooooh!" Happy purred.

"What?! Why would there be a ring on her finger?" Natsu questioned, ignoring the blushing Lucy next to him.

"So you guys aren't even dating?" She growled.

"Why would we be?" He asked again.

"Juvia, hold her please." Erza softened her voice, carefully and softly handing her, her daughter as Juvia softly held her.

Erza quickly gripped Natsu's collar, leaning him over the table, "You dense idiot! Can't you see? It's so obvious that you two like each other!"

"Huh?!" Natsu and Lucy both said in unison.

"Just kiss already! Or better yet, get engaged!"

"Uhhhhhhh!" Natsu uttered.

"You know what, for punishment, you're gonna watch Rose. Bring her back to the guild the moment the sun starts to set. If she's not back, rather, you were being irresponsible or," Erza's lips curved into a smirk. "Y'all two are doing something. And trust me, I'll know."

———————————

It was only noon and the two were bored for their very own lives. Lucy was firmly holding Rose as she swayed with Lucy's side ponytail, back and forth, giggling at it's action as for Natsu—he was ambling side-by-side Lucy, arms crossed behind his neck, being carefree, watching her movements carefully. Sure some will call it being perverted or as such, but in his opinion, he had named it "admiring" other than being perverted. Well, okay it's a little perverted by the smallest.

"Natsu, you wanna try holding her?" Lucy interrupted his thoughts about her as he snapped his neck towards her fair face.

"Sure." He uttered to her, carefully taking the child away from her as they stopped in motion, close together as Natsu peered at it.

"Did I use to look like this?" He questioned.

"You could say that." Lucy answered.

They watched as the infant played with the scaled scarf. She tugged at it as for it looked like she was giving it her all but she gave in. She stared at his onyx eyes, quite admired by him actually, making the blonde feel slightly jealous.

Natsu gently took off his scarf, wrapping it around the child's head—up and around.

Rose cooed, her neck perking up quickly and back down as she continued to suck on her pacifier. Her dilated darkened eyes attached to Natsu's onyx ones as they soon reflected back to Lucy's brunette ones. She clapped enthusiastically.

"Luce," Natsu begun, not taking his vision away from the child.

"Hmm?" Lucy replied, playing with Rose's hand with her pointer finger.

"I want thirty of these."

"Yeah, sure, whatever you sa- Wait, repeat that." Lucy took her eyes away to be met with Natsu's as she spoke in a confused matter, trying to make-out of what she had just heard.

"Can," Natsu choked on his words as he took in a gulp. "Can we have a child?"

She stuttered, "Like a-adopt o-or. . ?"

Natsu slowly nodded a 'no'.

—————————

"Wow, she actually came back alive." Erza said in a trill of surprise.

"Thanks Erza for the opportunity! Good night!" Lucy exclaimed, heading out towards the guild doors.

"Yeah! Thanks! Night!" Natsu ran by her side.

"You're welcome. . ." She trailed off, a bit confused about the situation as they ran out together.

"Aren't you gonna go with them Happy?" Gray asked from behind.

"Nope. I think that they need some alone time~" Happy purred in return.

And there was no denial in that comment.