Lightbulb

Seeing Natsu come in was the daylight Lucy wanted to see that day. Her sprung of hope, a leap of faith. Instead, he didn't look as happy. He looked rather down but not down enough to just say "Alright I'm done. Bye."

"Natsu?" Lucy squeaked from the infirmary bed.

"Huh? Oh hey Luce. How are you feeling?"

Natsu definitely didn't feel his self. Springing right off topic when we all know something is wrong,

"I'm good. It's you I'm worried about."

"Why? Why worry about me? It's my job to worry." Natsu chuckled, taking a seat across the bed.

"It's all of our job to worry, Natsu. I've been worried for these past days. You're barely speaking to anyone and you don't look like your giving it your all in battle. No wonder why when you practiced with Sting, you failed. Natsu, what's going on?!" Lucy felt a strong surge rise in her body as she spoke in a harsh but worryingly voice.

"I'm sorry....." Natsu looked down to the floor.

"I don't want you to apologize. I want you to be ok." Lucy barely whispered.

Natsu eyed Lucy heartily as she desperately waited for an answer. Her eyes spoke it all, they spoke "Hurry up Natsu, I need to know." While her body language twitched in fear.

"I'm everything but fine." Natsu's voice cracked, earning a small gasp from Lucy as she eyed him.

His eyes filled with tears as he continuously stared down. This look gave Lucy's heart a drop as she strolled to his side, placing her fair hands on his shoulders.

The young boy didn't want to see the world this way. The world was filled with loss. Natsu barely took it but he was weak and ended up spilling.

Lucy's hands pulled Natsu into a hug. Shutting her eyes tightly, Natsu froze with a slight blush. His waterworks worked once again and that was all he could do. Once started, he couldn't stop.

"It's alright....I'm here." Lucy mumbled, comforting the dragon slayer.

Natsu tightly gripped onto the back of her shirt as he cried his eyes out. He wanted her, she was the only one who could help confront him. Without her, he was shattered glass fragments, spreading around like they were running away and couldn't come back. Not by a word, not by a single movement.

After several minutes of crying, he slowly returned to his normal mood, gently resting on her chest as she furrowed her fingers in his hair.

"Lucy...." Natsu muttered.

"Hmm?"

"Thank you. Thank you for worrying."

"I didn't have a choice. I sensed you were hurt and I did what I had to do."

"No, you're different." Natsu rose up.

Grazing into each other's eyes and impeccably close, Lucy furrowed her eyebrows in misunderstanding.

"I told you not to worry but you worried. You're opposite of what I'm saying. You do what I never had time for. You keep me busy just by thinking about you."

"If I don't, who's gonna be the one to kick you out of her house?" Lucy smiled, earning another from Natsu.

Natsu sneaked his hand to intertwine with hers as the air cut short between them. Placing his gentle lips against her soft ones, Lucy felt a feeling she never did. Her heart pacing, incredible heart rates, she shut her eyes along with Natsu and melted into the kiss, feeling each other's embrace.

A few seconds into it, Natsu broke the kiss, still smiling heartily.

"You're always gonna be the one to kick me."

"And you are always gonna break into my house!" Lucy stuck her tongue out.

"You're so adorable."

Lucy gently sneaked a smile back at him as he tightened his grasp with her hand.

The air around the room grew stiff and they could only breathe in their own air and that's it. There love was their air, it flowed until the last of time. It could show everyone that thanks to their love, they could live on and on. But like a petal, they're fragile. One touch, they could fall into forever darkness.

At least, there would be someone to catch them. And to save them from the depths of water as they drown into darkness but see the light headed towards them; a lightbulb. Don't drop it, once you have it, it would burn brightly, if you save it, it would continue to burn. You easily see their scars.

Which is why they have each other to share their wounds without a crack. They are each other's lightbulb.