For You

Hello everyone! I hope you're all excited for a new NaLu One-Shot!

(Natsu and Lucy are already dating)

It was a loving day in Magnolia as love filled the air. The loving holiday of Valentines flooded the small city as couples all around blossomed and grew together. Especially for a certain couple. The two were inseparable even before they got together. Now, well, they were just "showing off" but of course that just went off as a joke. For the time being, however, they spent the early day at the guild as Natsu fought with Gray which turned to a riot and ended up as a "magic party" as quoted by Cana. As for Lucy, she sat at the guild with Mira who eyed the large group with passion as always. Lucy drank her cool cup of water in not surprise, but disappointment.

"I know he's gonna fight some way or another;" A tick grew on the blonde's forehead as she thought about it. "But can he at least try not to destroy Master's office this time."

Mira laughed heartedly, "Oh Lucy, I think he may destroy Master's office and the Storage space along with it."

"Of course he will," Lucy sighed however, a small grin lined her pink lips.

Mira glanced at her with loving eyes as a spark appeared in them, "Say Lucy, you and Natsu are more than close, right?"

Lucy furrowed a brow; unsure where this was going, "You could say that."

"Well, in case it's not too personal," Hearts grew in Mira's eyes. "What are you two love birds gonna do this evening?"

A deep blanket of pink caked Lucy's cheeks as she then attempted to calm Mira down—that is, if she can— and try to make sense of her. "M-Mira! I-It's nothing like t-that!" Lucy stammered, embarrassed and flustered by the thought of Natsu going any further from where they were now. Especially herself.

Mira smirked, "Oh? What if though? What if he just 'looks too cute', eh Lucy?"

Lucy ducked first before continue their conversation, seeing if she wanted to calm Mira down, she would hope to be alive for it. "Okay, Mira. No matter. . ." Lucy sighed, flushed to say such a thing. "No matter how cute he can be, I highly doubt we'll get anywhere near that."

The back of Mira's hand was where Mira rested her chin as she smirked and had a sly face of where of which any of this may be going. "Okay, Lucy~ Don't say I didn't warn you though~ I'm telling you; Natsu is very unique. He may just surprise you."

"He may surprise me but not anywhere like that." Lucy muttered quietly to herself.

Later on into the day, where people gave out sweet valentine gifts to those they live; those involving family members, friends, lovers, or even guild mates. Now was the time they shared that love. However, as for Natsu, he saved his gift for later that was dedicated to the beautiful blonde he loved. As long as he held back, she couldn't help but hold back too as well.

So, when everyone then started to head home for dinner or for a special date, Natsu then headed home with Lucy. Happy was expected to join for he was excited to see what the adorable couple had gotten each other however, he figured he would let them be just this once seeing that the two hardly get alone together and plus, he did want some time with his own beautiful young lady. No matter how many times she had declined him.

After about half an hour of literally just talking and joking, the couple had finally managed to contain themselves to open gifts. Lucy smiled heartedly—of which reminded Natsu all over of how much he loved  her— as she happily picked up a small box.

"Here!" She exclaimed.

Natsu's eyes sparkled as his grin grew big, "For me?!"

Lucy nodded, "Yes! For you!" She soon ended up laughing all over again by his adorableness.

As soon as Natsu grasped the gift from her delicate hands, he quickly burned off the ribbon(that he can never take off) as Lucy sweat-dropped and from there, Natsu quickly unboxed it. 

Once opened, he stared at it in confusion, unaware of what it is. "I don't get it. What is it?"

Lucy then leaned forwards and took the small item out of the box and pressed on it, where of which a nice smelling mist sprayed the air. "It's cologne, idiot." She giggled.

Natsu groaned, "Oh come on~ I don't always smell that bad."

"You're right. You don't. But that's only those nights and mornings you bother taking a shower. But let's not forget that rather me or Erza always have to force you to. And don't give me an attitude after your first gift!" The blonde snapped as Natsu moped.

"But Luccceee." Natsu groaned once again.

Lucy softly sprayed his neck once as she then went over to take in the scent; unaware of how close she was to Natsu. She glanced up at him, "It's not even that bad."

Natsu glared at her as she held a giggle that he knew fair and well that she knew that he can't stay mad at her like that. And for a while, he gave in and pecked her forehead sweetly and pulled her in for a tight hug that she smiled whole heartedly at.

After another half an hour, after Lucy shared her presents for him, Natsu then shared his for her. Which as some left some laughter, emotional touch, or maybe even both in both of theirs. However, Natsu left one box unopened. A rather small one in fact. He saved that precious box for last. For he always wanted to save the best for last. Well, in some cases he did.

As that time came, the time was rather late that Lucy was already comfortably fitted in her pajamas that were some sweatpants and a blank top. As for Natsu, he wore sweatpants and remained shirtless for he didn't feel like searching for his tank top.

Lucy stretched and yawned on their bed as she then softly sat on it. "You have another present? Natsu. . . You know you didn't have to get me much." The blonde sweetly graced her lips with a warm smile.

Natsu glanced at her with a bright grin, "I know! I know! But I kinda had to, y'know?"

Lucy sighed with pure happiness, "Okay Natsu, what is it?"

Natsu gazed at her sweet brunette irises with his warm, dark ones, "But first lemme say something," He softly grasped her fair hand as she glanced at him now with question and curiosity. "Luce, when you joined my life, you've been there for me since day one. And despite all of my destruct actions and rude remarks, you always stayed with me. Hell, you even got closer to me. And during those times when I was mad or sad, you didn't bother once to step away. You always wanted to help in one way or another. And honestly, I don't know how I could ever pay you back for all those days to years. I thought just having you as a best friend was a blessing, but I didn't expect it to be as amazing as it is now. And so, in return, I want to pay my respect to you with this;" Natsu then softly opened the box, revealing a pure, silver ring with beautiful engravings of the initials of their name. In the inside of that ring, was what took her back and fulfilled her heart with pure happiness as she gaped her mouth in surprise.

Inside of the ring, was the engraving of the word, "Promise." She glanced at Natsu confused as he gazed back at her. "Lucy Heartfilia, I may not be proposing but I do promise you this; I promise to never take your body or yourself for granted. As well as I promise to always respect your privacy with your desire. And I also promise to not do anything intimate before marriage. Luce, I promise to always respect you and love you as your lover." Natsu uttered as strongly as possible for he didn't want to make it sound too corny that she would laugh. But in his eyes, it didn't look like that was the case. Her eyes blossomed with joy and pure happiness as he could spot the small prick of a tear in the corner of her delicate eyes. 

She softly said under her breath, "I love you too," As Natsu's grin bursted with joy as she handed him as her fair hand as he softly and gently placed the ring on her finger. And after that, she quickly pulled him in for a hug of which she hugged his neck and he hugged her waist tightly.

She softly glanced at her ring in joy, who wouldn't thought he had it in him?

Natsu softly pecked her neck as he then snickered, "You Know I'm still gonna tease you, right?"

She sighed as she sweat-dropped as well, "Oh I know Natsu," And with that, Natsu snickered as Lucy nodded her head in disappointment but of course, a small grin graced her lips as well and Natsu just hugged her tighter with an even brighter but loving toothy grin.