Clumsy

Hello everyone! I hope your day or night is going nicely! Anyway, within three days I'll be leaving out on vacation! So, it would be pretty much a bit of a break for me. So, slow updates!

Anyway, I hope you enjoy this chapter!

(Natsu and Lucy are already dating)

The day started quite wild. Especially for Natsu and Cana who argued over the littlest things that seemed to peck at their nerves. The dragon slayer shouting while the card mage yelled drunkly, her taking a sip of her beer bottle ever so often. Few eyes wondered over to their argument but as expected, they didn't really care. Arguments and fights were normal in this guild at anytime, anywhere.

Natsu shouted aloud to the card mage, "You are no better than me! I am awesome!"

Cana hiccuped, "Cards are better! We have fire, water, fortune telling and all that good stuff."

Natsu snarled at the mention of those words, "You can't punch as hard as me though!"

Cana has had it. She knew fair and well he wasn't gonna give this up. Not even for a mere second. His stubbornness is just as strong as his Fire Dragon Iron Fist with ten times the heat. However, Cana had facts. She could hit him with what is real and he wouldn't be able to stand up to it. Sure it's not a fight as he would expect but, her words sure have a way.

"Lucy, hold my bottle." Cans handed the blonde who just stood around and watched while the card mage hiccuped ever so slightly.

"But C—" Lucy was interrupted as soon their argument begun, lots of shouting was heard as well.

Lucy flinched as Cana shouted drunkly, many words that her boyfriend refused to understand. She sighed heavily. More specifically at the fact that whatever she does, she knows it will only lead to more consequences.

An idea sparked her mind brightly. Holding Cana's half-way drained bottle, she ambled over slowly. Seeing as Natsu has kept mentioning her in ways like Oh Lucy knows Fire is better! Or Lucy knows that fire is awesome! . In her opinion, she did not want to be involved in this any way at all. She hadn't asked to impact them in any way. She realized what she was gonna do and stuck to it.

"Can you guys please don't bring me into your argu—" Lucy tripped over a cloaked wire quickly, her thoughts being interrupted as she faced the ground quickly. Only the sound of glass shattering and twinkling along the wooden floor was heard. However, Natsu seemed to be the only one.

"Was that glass?" He questioned, looking around the crowd. His eyes passed upon the blonde who made a strong effort to get up, however she stumbled once more slightly. "Oh my Mavis, Lucy! Are you okay?" With that, he rushed on over with a strong sprint by her side as she settled upon her knees.

Few eyes drew over to the two as Natsu eyed the shattered beer glass. He gazed upon her hand whose fingers made a very little show to move.

He flipped over her hand to where her guild mark was facing down. Upon her hand, scared him indeed. There laid a blood gashing mark across her hand that just passed her tendons. Her eyes gave a name of fear within.

"Mira! We need some bandages!" Natsu called out.

Mira glanced over at the startling sight, "On it!"

Natsu combed a strand of her blonde hair along her ear as she just stared, no tears were threatening to come out. "It's gonna be okay."

"But N—"

"Lucy, just trust me on this. It's gonna be completely fine." Natsu confronted her with a soft trill.

"But Natsu, I can't move my fingers." She uttered quietly and calmly, her eyes filled with astonishment.

Mira rushed over quickly, a bandage soaked in alcohol as she crouched by her side, "This is gonna sting a little bit."

Lucy nodded at her statement. For she knew this was only for the best. The Take-over mage carefully formatted along Lucy's open, bleeding palm. The blonde flinched as soon it came in contact, the alcohol embraced the cut in such a quick time. She bit down on her lip harshly.

"I just need to apply a little more pressure." Mira muttered softly, her palms gently pushing down on the bandage.

Lucy continued to bite down her lip as she felt the throbbing pain in her palm of which she fought strongly, her boyfriend still ahold of her hand.

Natsu turned around to only be faced with Cana. Irises filled with guilt was what said within her dark irises. Her hand hugged her other arm as she stared down at the threatening sight.

Natsu pecked the crown of Lucy's head softly, "I'm gonna be right back."

With that said, Natsu stood back up, slowly letting go of Lucy's hand. He marched up to Cana snatched her wrist, she gave a flinch at the ankle as she followed the quite pissed dragon slayer. He dragged along to a hall and stared her down with fierce onyx irises.

"Why would you give Lucy that bottle?!" Natsu exclaimed with a hot temper.

"I-I didn't expect her to trip!" She debated back hesitatingly.

"You know she's a klutz! By any chance, she could more related to Wendy than ever!"

"Don't blame me that she tripped! Blame whoever put that wire!"

"Oh so you knew about the wire there but I didn't before she tripped."

"I—. . ." Cana held back for she was speechless.

"If she can't move her hand again, this is all on you." With those words aggressively said, Natsu made his way out.

He sauntered on down to Lucy who was seated in a chair by the bar where Mira treated customers and Lucy. Wendy and Porlyusica were out somewhere else to where Porlyusica trained Wendy to teach how to handle her healing magic with a bigger impact. So, Mira, right now, was the only who was able to tend to Lucy at the moment.

With a sprint, Natsu dashes through the crowd and towards his beloved girlfriend who just glanced at the bandages wrapped tightly around her palm and wrist.

"How is it? It is good?" Natsu gazed down at her.

"I don't know yet, it still feels the same." Lucy replied softly. She grinned small, "But I'm sure I'll be fine."

Natsu embraced her warmly and tightly as he bent down,"That's the spirit."

She pulled away slowly, "But there is a fifty fifty chance I'll have to fight, use my whip and summon my spirits using my left hand."

"Right. . ."

Her thumb pointed his chin up as he gazed at her brunette irises, "I'll be okay. Don't worry. We're gonna handle this together, right?"

He nodded, a grin lining his lips slightly. He compressed his lips tightly against hers as with no hesitation, she melted in. 

Mira chirped, "So, is it ble— Or I'll just go." She giggled as she viewed the two.

Lucy parted, leaving Natsu dumbfounded, "No no! What did you need?"

Mira rejoined with a sweet grin, "Is your bandage bleeding through?"

Lucy glanced at the red-soaked bandage. "Yup."

Mira giggled, "Ok, in a bit I'll clean that up for you so we can replace and with it cleaned, it should bleed less."

Lucy wrapped her arms around Natsu's neck as she pecked his lips and embraced him into a hug, "Thank you."

"Just being by your side is all I need. So thank you."

Lucy giggled, "You know you sounded really cheesy saying that."

Natsu mouth-dropped, "And you're not helping!"

Lucy giggled at her boyfriend's reaction as she embraced him tighter.