I Miss It All

Hello everyone!!! I hope you're all doing well! I don't know why, but I just feel like I'm slacking 😂 Maybe because it's been so long. . . Anyway, I'm gonna try my best to get back into my writing ways. So, please enjoy this new one-shot!!!

(Natsu and Lucy are already dating)

It was night when it happened. Lucy had promised herself that she was gonna get some sleep for the first time in a long while since Natsu think it's okay to get up in the middle of the night, wake her up, and ask her questions of what they're gonna do the next day. She could only think of how little patience she had left.

But one night, just this one. It's been so long since it happened. Since she and her boyfriend had actually spent time together. Natsu got troubled with the Magic Council again and then apparently, Levy got pregnant several months ago as needed help with that since Gajeel went on jobs to help save their money.

It all happened so fast. So, it wasn't any of their fault. But still, the blonde felt so guilty of just leaving her boyfriend but she won't say she regretted helping Levy. And in Natsu's defense, he couldn't exactly help it.

Whilst Natsu slept, Lucy held her knees to her chest with her toes curled up in the softness and fuzziness of their blanket. Her dark eyes stared off into the darkness.

Oh, how she missed their late-night conversations and jokes. She missed it all. And she didn't want to blame it on Natsu because well, with no doubt is it his fault. He's just. . . Kinda slow.

Her eyes passed over to his sleeping body. His head laying on the soft pillow as he hugged it with his face facing her side but with his once broad opened eyes now shut tight. She could still feel the loving warmth he gave her since the last time he hugged her. But she missed it. And in times like these, when you can't blame anyone, there's only one person left.

You.

The only sound heard was the wavering and tapping of rain outside the window above their bed and Natsu's soft, adorable snores.

It sounded quite relaxing actually. Except for the part where the tree would hit the apartment every so often but it wasn't all that big.

After a couple of minutes, she felt something tap her foot. It was Natsu's hand that wondered over the bed, looking for her, she supposed.

He's thinking about me, maybe. She thought.

Eventually, she slid down her hand and softly placed it on the bed and waited for him to find it. And once his fingers touched her fingertips, his hand softly flipped her hand over and interlocked his fingers with hers and as his snores became softer.

And eventually, he was quiet. Now it was just her and the rain. And not to mention, the loving warmth on her hand.

After seconds to minutes, she still hadn't found herself tired. She couldn't help but think of all those times she missed. And despite how much she hated going over times and not focusing on the present and future, they were just too wonderful.

"I know you're awake." A groggy voice immediately snapped her out of her thoughts as the warmth shook on her hand and slowly glanced down at her boyfriend who had an eye creaked open. He then slowly got up and wrapped that same hand around her shoulders as she happily leaned in. It was warm. She thought, embracing it.

Natsu glanced at the clock that lit up, "Lucy, it's 4 am." He chuckled softly. "What's up?"

"Nothing," She muttered.

"Oh it's definitely something," He turned her around to face him as he held firmly both of her hands in his as she gave an uncertain but tired look.

"What is it?"

"Nothing, I just like the nice taps of the rain."

Natsu gave her a serious look where his eyes narrowed in on her and his shoulders stiffened, leaving Lucy to swallow her gut.

"It's this week, wasn't it? It's because I got in trouble again with the Magic Council," Natsu's eyes softened. "Luce, I told you everything's okay."

Lucy shook her head, "No, no, it's not that."

"Then what is it?" He then leaned in and sweetly kissed her cheek.

"I've distanced us, Natsu. And I'm so sorry. We're barely hanging out anymore, let alone are we having those long, fun conversations. We're not even eating dinner together like we used to. And I'm so sorry for all of that. If I would've not argued to you about the whole dinner scenario thing before everything, we wouldn't have distanced. I'm so sorry," Lucy surrendered it all.

Natsu then softly rose one hand to her cheek as she found herself leaning into it unintentionally do to her already becoming sleepy. "Luce, none of this is because of you. A problem happened and nobody could've done anything except figure out what's gonna happen after. Luce, you are so beautiful you can be when you fight against problems and get solutions, but sometimes you just need to let your sweet heart relax, okay? You can't work your amazingness off slacking. And frankly, I miss waking up to you next time. So, do me a favor and remember that none of this is because of you. In fact, it's no one. Things happen then things happen afterwards that help solve them. You can't control everything, Luce." Natsu then kissed her forehead softly after speaking to her as deeply as possible.

Lucy smiled delightfully, "That's wonderful to know, Natsu. I'm impressed." She uttered to him as his thumb caressed her cheek softly.

"Get used to it, cutie pie." Natsu uttered based off of how adorable she looked when sleepy and had the slightest of a blush on her cheeks.

"Sure," She giggled softly as Natsu pulled her in softly, placing a passionate kiss right upon her lips as he moved slowly enough for her to catch up and for him to finally move in synch with her as he held on tightly then finally let go, kissing her forehead softly then her nose as her now dazed eyes caught his attention.

"How long have you stayed up?" He questioned her, laying down then pulling her in tightly to his warm chest.

"Too long, Natsu. Way too long." She uttered as she played around with the hinges of his scarf as her legs tangled with his lovingly.

Natsu pulled up the blanket then placed a long and warm kiss right on her head that was coated with messy blonde hair that always smelled amazing and sweet.

"I really can't get enough from you. I don't know how I survived so long without you." He muttered before planting another passionate kiss on her head.

"Shhhh," Lucy shushed him as her finger was placed onto his lips, as she soon then got on her knees and placed another warm kiss on his lips, her now straddling him in the process. Once again, he followed along then soon after parted as she yawned and fell on his chest softly, "I should be asking you that, idiot." She spoke quietly as she felt herself soon dazing off.

Natsu combed her loose flaxen hair then kissed it again, "I highly doubt it, weirdo."