A Night Full Of Stars

DISCLAIMER: I do not own Fairy Tail

And, this was created four years ago. If you wish to proceed, go ahead, I won't stop you. But like MAJOR cringe warning. Okay, thanks.

Third Person POV

Natsu was just sauntering with his eyes by the look of the request board along with his best friend Happy, hoping to find a high paying job that can pay for Lucy's rent and hopefully get him some food.

"Which one do you think is good, Happy?" The salamander cocked his head.

"Hmm, this one!" The Blue exceed darted his little paw at a request that seemed to pay high. Maybe enough for Lucy's rent.

Natsu skim the paper;
Help! If anyone can stop this curse from threatening the land of our town, we'll be sure to pay you back with an award of 500,000 jewel!

"Aye! Lucy would love it!" Happy skewed a smile.

Therefore, the two scurried to Lucy and showed her the well paid job that she seemed to be delighted about. She nodded with agreement and therefore, they made their journey towards the job.

~~~~~

After the train ride where Natsu continuously gagged while Lucy read with a resting cat on her lap, they arrived at the job request and journeyed to where the place was located; according to the request.

The trio fought hard against the curse that seemed to be living, causing them to discuss any necessary plans but none of them cracked. The risk was high but the curse was soon defeated. They were mainly worried if they could even keep it up much longer.

The living curse kept an eye on the blonde as he popped with an idea that threatened her life. And perhaps distract the dragon slayer and his exceed.

Lucy wasn't any weaker than Natsu at this point. In fact, he could barely stand. His knees trembled with limp but he still managed to keep a close eye on Lucy, making sure she was safe like the person he was towards her.

"You! The one with the blonde hair!" The shadow caught her eye.

"Huh?" She cocked her head in worry.

"Spare their lives and come to us! Unless you forbid their existence." He threatened, causing the blonde to shake with panic.

What would she do? She had no idea. She felt all this weight and yet did nothing.

She greatly cared for her comrades but refused to let any threats come upon them even though she may not be the strongest.

Would she give her self in? Was the question she refused to answer but she just may not have a choice.

"I-"

"DON'T YOU DARE LUCY!" Natsu cut her off, yelling with a hint of anger yet worry.

She paused at the chimes of his voice. She hesitated with an answer but just let her eyes sting but nothing later surged out of her brunette eyes.

"IF YOU'RE GONNA GET TO HER, YOU HAVE TO GET THROUGH ME FIRST!" Natsu limped as he stood his ground.

"Either one works." The darkness soon made it's way to Natsu; no movement. Natsu gritted harder, facing the fact he may as well just protect her with all his life.

"NATSU!!" Happy shrieked, bawling his eyes out.

Natsu stood his ground right in front of the blonde. Lucy froze in her movements; it felt time had just frozen and may never be fixed again. Her heart had just shattered.

The darkened claw soon aimed its way toward the dragon slayer, ready to just knock him out and get it over with while inside, Natsu was torn apart. Nothing later mattered to him: only her.

Lucy couldn't bear the sight anymore. She limped as she stood but her pain was easy to withstand.

Her eyes dazed with fragility; a few more steps.

She extended her reach and erected the width of her arms. Gritting her teach from the agony and didn't even hesitate as she recognized what she was doing.

The darkness approached her as she then gulped and her life flashed before.

Seeing his face once more.

She felt free as she then traveled with her arms the large room. She heard the distant ringing in her ears but felt something; the agony she felt once before. It was still there. Could this mean.....she's still alive?

She slowly gaped her eyes as the blurry blue crossed her vision. The pain she once felt still ran through her but the sound that made her jump; a break though her atmosphere. She slowly went to eye but then, her world darkened.

The salamander made a run for it as he saw his best friend risk her life for his. The gold that shone brightly in her hair was the only thing he remembered. Just her cream skin was the thing he wanted to see once more. But it all disappeared in a blink of an eye. So he ran.

Ran faster than before and saw the whimsical waves splash ashore below him as he stood his ground at the edge of the cliff and pounced off, leaving no trace.

She was the only thing he could think of.

She was his sun.

He braces his self for the erupt of water, embracing his body as he soon swam, eyeing every corner for her. So, he bore deeper until he could see her golden hair.

He swam and swam each feet until she suddenly came to his view. He rushed his muscles as he saw her completely numb.

In one embrace, he came to a result as he brought her into his arms and brought her closer to him. Cherishing every second, he brought his right arm to her waist and his other behind her neck.

Shortening the few centimeters between them, he passionately pressed his lips against her pale ones. Wafting the air he once had and now pasting it onto her.

It soon paused as he brought her up for air and panted, thankful to breathe it once more.

She slowly creaked her eyes open, to see the pink headed idiot staring down at her in worry.

Halfway to shore, he soon fell to his knees, still gasping for the air.

She gently placed her hand on his cheek, with glassy eyes she eyed him as he eyed her back with eyes of worry.

He then wrapped his right arm around her waist and brought her closer as they still locked onto each other's eyes.

Longing for the moment, he swifter her golden locks behind her ear, keeping it hung and brought her into another yet passionate kiss where they both melted in, as they fell in love under a night of stars.

OH MAH GAWD MY THUMBS HURT. Ok anyways, what'd ya think? Too cheesy? Too cringey? Both?

Feel free to comment some requests cause I'm gonna be adding some more one-shots in this book.

Now, if you don't mind, I need to rest my thumbs.