Every Single Time

Hello everyone! I hope you're all ready for a new one-shot!!!

(Natsu and Lucy are not already dating)

Why was it so hard? Was it because she always managed to steer his train of thought off course or was it because he did it himself? Whatever the problem was, it drove Natsu crazy. It made his chest pound and peppered his forehead with sweat droplets. He's never been this anxious about something this little before. And seeing that tonight he was gonna spend the night with her since apparently something happened at Natsu's house overnight and made Happy so scared that he managed to get Natsu on his side to let them stay at Lucy's. And honestly? Natsu's head hurt too much to know if this was a good idea or not.

God, was he trying to drive her mentally insane or was it by the way Levy put it?

"Hey, you think Natsu's cute right? You always look at him with such a smile and I'm starting to think you've got the feels."

Why must Levy say it like that? Well, Natsu did have an adorable and dazzle grin that everyone adored. His personality was a little bit slow but Lucy didn't mind at all. By any chance, she loved being around him. Even if she's denied it so many times, she honestly doesn't mind. He makes her day so much more fun and happy and for once, she feels like she can be herself. But why is it driving her so mad?

It drove her so mad to a point she made the stupid mistake of kicking off her boots, literally, and throwing them at her couch. She then slumped herself across from it, hoping it would take her and consume her and just free her of this. Sadly, it did not.

Oh and she didn't even want to get started on Happy. Now don't get her wrong, she loved him so much like a son but not enough to not get mad at him at every hour. That cat. . . He has Natsu? What is there to be afraid of at their house? Apparently an angry spirit. Yeah, right. Of who?

Now, she was getting impatient. She wanted this couch to consume her and take her out of this world. It wasn't too much to ask. Did she have to rip it apart and throw herself in?

She let out a tiring sigh. She was over exaggerating. It's just Natsu. Typical idiotic, adorable Natsu. Oh Mavis, and don't even get her started on his other side. The side that shows when he fights or when he is serious about something he loves. Or when he just overall decides to be serious while acting cute at the same time. Oh Mavis, she's had enough. She's gonna make dinner then head back to bed. These past months have been too much. She needed to just have one break.

Yeah, a break with whats been causing her problems. Genius.

Eventually, a warm and wonderful scented aroma filled the air. It smelled so good that it caused her own stomach to rumble. Why, it was her personal favorite recipie; meatloaf with tomato sauce. And it wasn't the typical sauce you would see in pizza. The much better one which in fact was more dark and warmer.

Was she doing this to impress Natsu? The thought caused her to stop cooking as she stared down at the counter, glancing at the plate with the deliciously prepared meatloaf.

No, he loves food in general. It shouldn't make much of a different.

She hesitated to move. Correction; good good makes a difference.

She blinked softly before looking back up to only see her window being opened by Happy, Natsu only just a little bit behind. Weird, normally he's first.

And don't think Lucy forgot about Happy. Just for Happy, she prepared a very small dish but with a meal that is sure to please. It was a raw fish—just the way he likes it— with a little bit of seasoning and fish chips on the side.