Unfairness

Hello everyone! I am SO sorry for not updating but I hope this makes up for my absence! I hope you're all ready for a new one-shot!!! Enjoy!!

(Natsu and Lucy are not already dating)

"Lucy, this is not fair." Natsu said simply, catching the quick attention of the blonde before him who was busy reading her favorite novel.

"I haven't said anything, Natsu," Lucy retorted, quite startled.

Lucy would agree; it was a rather boring and plain day for a storm passed by and the power has been on and off but oddly, Natsu was strangely quiet. She would've thought he would've at least tried to steal her novel. But he didn't. Not even once. And besides his adorable looks when staring at a ceiling and boredom with his messy, pink hair a fluff, his tired and deep voice, and rather muscular arms. But one thing that kept her eyes off her novel; was his dark eyes. Irises that were fierce and full of loyalty. And besides of how looked now, he would even look adorable when pouting at the white ceiling in boredom. One reason why he sadly hated rain days.

And why he hated empty job request boards.

But, back to when he finally spoke, it was a first within a while. Causing Lucy to stare at him. . . More than normal.

"I know you haven't, Luce. But I don't know, you just make me think that." Natsu shrugged, throwing a bouncy  ball off the wall, causing it to make a slight thump noise.

Lucy bookmarked her novel, "I don't understand. And—" She snatches the ball. "Stop that."

Natsu glared at her with skepticism. "You're so sassy today. Stop it."

"You stop it!" Lucy exclaimed.

"Is it the rain? Yeah, it got me upset too. I wanna go on a job today but it said 'no' to me and I didn't like that."

Lucy sighed as she glanced at the clock, it was nearly last evening and the poor blonde nearly had a empty refrigerator.

"Natsu, go back to what you said before. What was so unfair?" Lucy questioned him as he glanced back at her with tired eyes.

"Girls." He simply said.

Lucy grinned small as she softly sat next to his laying body. "Care to explain?"

Natsu took a long, good look at her as a slight blanket of light pink caked her fair cheeks. He continued, "Why do they always act like they're hiding something? And plus, why are girls more scary than actual people enemies? That's not fair."

"Natsu, you're tired. Try getting some sleep." Lucy giggled lightly as she got up and prepared the couch for herself.

"Wait, you're sleeping on the couch?" Natsu gazed back at her once again.

"Well, yeah. I mean, you already have the bed." Lucy uttered with an obvious tone.

"No, no—why isn't anything fair? Just come here." Natsu beckoned her over happily as Lucy gazed at him with confusion.

What was in that chicken he ate? She thought.

"Um, Natsu—"

He patted the bed, "I don't wanna be alone. It's stormy outside."

She sighed, He's just. . . Exhausted.

And with that, she slowly made her way to the bed, her pajamas already put on from an hour ago as he laid with only sweatpants and a black tank.

She softly shifted into the bed, watching as he scooted to the side to let her lay.

She then turned off her lamp, leaving only the tiniest bit of light on and then made her way to lay all the way down next to the dragon slayer's tired face.

"Luce," He muttered softly.

Lucy gulped, "Yeah?"

He chuckled tiredly, "You're pretty."

Lucy giggled lightly, a light blush on her fair cheeks, "Natsu, get some sleep."

"No, no, I mean it."

That single sentence caused all the blood to be flushed from the blonde's face as she gazed at him with disbelief. What was up with him?

"W-What?" She stuttered in confusion.

"You're pretty and that's unfair. I wanna be pretty."

Lucy giggled once again as she turned on her back.

"Luce,"

"What?"

"Would it be unfair if I wanted to be friends with you for alllll liffeee lonnnng?" Natsu began to play with her loose blonde hair as she stared at him in question.

"Well, no, not really if I wanted to too."

"What if I wanted to be your best friend annnd something else?"

"Then I guess it's up to the other person." Lucy uttered as she pleasantly watched him attempt to braid her hair.

Natsu then suddenly got up to where only his left forearm was supporting him as he stared down at her perplexed face with a slight, adorable blush on her cheeks as he gazed into her brunette irises in wonder.

"Would it be fair if it was you?"

Lucy pauses for a small second, letting it sink in. "Maybe," was all she could say before feeling a light compression on her lips. Something she was completely new to but something that urged her for more. It was warm and cozy. . . It's been so long since she's felt such feeling.

With her eyes shut, she could only feel what was exactly happening. She felt his lips upon hers and the unexpected part was; she didn't resist. Nor did she hesitate.

So, she softly placed a single hand behind to feel the ruffles of his hair between her fingers. And after several seconds, they slowly parted from the passionate kiss. The blonde staring into his dark eyes that spoke sweet love.

With no hesitation, he leaned into the crook of her neck rather quickly and groaned tiredly, hearing the soft, delightful giggles coming from her lips that he just recently touched with his own.

His arms embraced her as they lay on the bed in comfortable silence with the blonde's fingers still ruffling within his gentle locks that was relaxing to both of them.

"Luceeee," He groaned once again as she sighed.

"What?"

"It's still not fair that you do this to me. Now, you're on my mind and congratulations, you can't leave it now." He muttered tiredly.

Lucy giggled once again, a giggle that most happily made his day and night. "Now you know how I feel."

Natsu gently lifted up and kissed her cheek with a light grin, "You're so weird, Lucccee."

Lucy gazed at him fall back to her shoulder, "I could say the same about you," She muttered quietly, however, he had already fallen asleep right upon her bare shoulder as she heard his soft and quite adorable snores that only brought such a delightful grin that graced her lips and caused her to slowly fall asleep right by him, them snuggling in peace.