The Best Feeling

Hello everyone! I apologize for the slow updates but what matters is that I am here, ready to update! Please enjoy!!

(Natsu and Lucy are already dating)

"Y'all are idiots," Gajeel mumbled under his breath.

"For what?! Excuse us, trying to be good boyfriends!" Gray exclaimed.

The atmosphere was tense and Gajeel feel awkward in it. He wasn't used to shopping with other members of the guild hall besides Lily. However, he figured it couldn't always be like that. But he had also figured that being with other people while shopping was not what he wanted to do on this special day.

"You guys are so girly. Picking out bright, colorful flowers for your girl. How cliche." Gajeel grumbled. He lifted his chin up carelessly, "Where's Natsu?"

Jellal joined, "He said something about getting popsicles."

Gray cocked a brow, "Why would he need popsicles?"

Gajeel rejoined, "I'm telling you, him and bunny girl have some weird relationship."

All of a sudden, squeaking interrupted their conversation. They darted their eyes across the room to the odd noise as Gajeel sighed, still questioning of why he was there in the first place.

"I got them!" Natsu jumped excitedly.

"Yeah, and flame brain, care to explain of why you would need them?"

Natsu settled down, leaping over to the boys with the box and giving a cheesy grin, "Luce's never tried a popsicle before. And I wanted to get them now before I forgot."

"It's a valid explanation." Jellal shrugged.

Natsu smirked, "I'm gonna give them to Mira to hold since I'll probably melt them, then I'll surprise her with flowers than I'll offer a popsicle. But mine just in case she doesn't like it, I can get it back and finish it. And maybe I'll share with other people."

"You actually have a plan." Gray sighed. "Do you even have the flowers?"

Natsu sweat dropped.

"You can't have a plan and not have the requirements!" Gajeel exclaimed.

"Sheesh, you all are so loud." Natsu uttered annoyed before sprinting over to the flowers section.

"Remind me, what does Lucy see in him again?" Jellal questioned.

"Some strong potential." Gray sighed once again.

"Aww, Juvia feels loved on National Girlfriend day. Especially when Juvia has spent a two years with Gray-sama already~" Juvia cooed in a love-adored voice.

Lucy rested her chin on top of her intertwined fingers, "Aww that's sweet. I doubt Natsu even knows that it exists." She giggled sweetly to herself.

Erza intervened, patting the blonde's shoulder friendly, "Knowing him, he'll try his hardest. Especially with a girl like you. He really does seem to be head over heels for you."

Lucy perked up, "I know he tries, and I find it very sweet. But he has his moments. As for Jellal. . .~"

Erza chuckled, "Oh he always remembers."

"How can you be so sure?" Lucy questioned, intrigued for an answer.

"It's the way they treat you. Kisses and hugs everyday. Unexpected compliments. Or even the smallest things that make you happy. It's that. Does Natsu do anything like that?"

Lucy pondered for a minute. Did he? Yeah, of course he did. Despite them dating for only seven months now, they held a good relationship. He always told her of how much he loves her everyday, he would rather kiss her on the lips or cheek before bed. And he will hold her close in the morning even before waking up. Oh and not to mention, he would even comb a lose strand of her blonde locks behind her ear no matter what they would be doing. Rather she would be cooking, reading or even sleeping.

Lucy nodded gently, "Yeah."

Erza leaned forward, "Then he's a keeper. Of course I'd rather Jellal but if Natsu does those little things to someone like you, then heck, the boy's kind of grown up."

Lucy furrowed a brow, "What do you mean by 'a girl like you'?"

"Lucy, you were born and raised in a mansion. He was born and raised by a dragon! If he found an interest in you, he means it. And trust me, Natsu always wanted a girl who was different but yet so caring and sweet." Erza peeked over, "Now if you excuse me, I think Jellal needs me."

With that, Erza swiftly got up from her sweet and embraced her blue-headed boyfriend while Lucy grinned at the sweet couple. Natsu came along with them, right? She didn't mean to sound selfish or anything but, she did want to know if he was worth it.

"Love rival, Juvia is afraid Juvia has to go. Juvia is sure Natsu will come. Okay?" Juvia assured as she soon sauntered over to her boyfriend. Lucy nodded in agreement, in hopes of so too.

So while waiting, Lucy twiddled with the ends of her blonde locks. She felt kinda of awkward sitting alone but she figured it wasn't going to be long, right? Then she was anxious. She was tired of waiting and was on the verge of just getting up and leaving to find Natsu. But then she sounded too impatient.

Lucy waited another minute before having felt a warm sensation. It was very little but it was there. She were to turn around but she didn't want to get her hopes too high. Then, she felt the sensation again. But it was close. It burned along her upper cheek and combed her blonde strand of hair behind her ear.

This time, Lucy was anxious and she would admit it too. Just . . . Not too proudly. So in this case, she quickly turned around, annoyed by whoever it is and of how tired she was of waiting. So that's what she did. She turned around and cane face to face with the sweetest thing ever. It was a beautiful bouquet of pink tulips held in the hands of her blushing boyfriend who of course, managed to sneak a cheesy grin which made her smile in return.

"Natsu. . ." She softly uttered.

"They're for you!" He cheered, happily and joyfully.

"Really?" Lucy's irises sparkled as she softly took hold of the small bouquet of the beautiful pink tulips.

"Yeah! Pssh, you don't think I forgot about you, did you?" Natsu crossed his arms behind his neck.

"I mean, I for one didn't even know this day was a thing until today." Lucy admitted.

"Luce, you are my one and only thought thought everyday. I mean, besides fire and food of course." Natsu soon plastered on a toothy grin.

"You really are weird." She grinned warmly.

"Me? Weird? Says the girl that knows how celestial wizards shower!" Natsu retorted. He exclaimed, "Ooh! I got you popsicles!"

Lucy gave a questioning brow, furrowing her brow as she tilted her head, "What's that?"

"You really have no life." Natsu said plainly.

"Hey!"

"But they're really good! It's like ice but more tasty! And also on a stick!"

"Eating ice?"

"More like licking but sure. Gray first made them for me but I kept melting it so I devoured it whole."

"Uh." Lucy felt unsure.

"Come on! I'll give you mine in case you don't like it!" Natsu pleaded with the blonde in front of him.

"Umm. . . Oh alright!" She gave in, watching him soon embrace her with a small leap and almost crushing the flowers.

"Okay! Here you go!" Natsu offered the fresh popsicle, right out of the plastic cover.

Lucy fiddled with the stick at the bottom, "It looks weird."

"Just taste it!" Natsu flashed a bright smile.

"Okay. . ." Lucy softly uttered, soon taking a small lick of the ice. She embraced the taste for a small moment before having a cold feeling rush over her. Despite its coldness, she found herself actually liking it!

"This is good." Lucy continued to taste the ice.

"Mhm!!" Natsu smiled at her grin. Of which he loved with all his heart and would do anything to see her smile. And that's what him realize that her smile was so unique, it deserved to be showed in the world. And that today was by far the best.