One Taste

Hey everyone! Wow! It feels good to start writing again but then again, my wrist still hasn't been treated. But I am seeing a hand surgeon next month so. . . Let's hope for the best! Anyway, let's enjoy this chapter while we can! Enjoy!!!

(Natsu and Lucy are already dating)

Just like every other day, the guild was as lively as other. The sound of laughter yet clatter filled the air as Team Natsu argued over the littlest of foods. But in the speaking of which, Mira waltzed over with a certain tray, where a bowl filled with chips laid. She gently placed it on the table.

"Here you guys go. A snack to fill you all up. I know that lately with all those mixed up missions it was probably tiring." Mira let out a soft smile that graced her lips.

Natsu brightened his grin, "Thanks Mira!" He responded as everyone else chimed, including Juvia who for some reason entered the group.

Natsu quickly snatched a chip, "Mm! These are great! Luce you should try some!"

Lucy strangled her keys back from Happy, "You—" She grunted in effort. "You bet!"

"Aye, Lucy got stronger throughout the week." Happy shivered.

"Of course she did! She's my freaking girlfriend!" Natsu shined a toothy smile once again, bringing in the blonde for a tight hug.

"If you don't eat the chips, I will." Threatened Gray as he picked one up and tossed it into his mouth.

"I bet Luce could eat them all faster than you!"

Lucy choked on her saliva, "What?"

"Yeah! I believe you could beat that ice bastard!"

"But Natsu, even you tasted them, they're way too spicy for her."

A tick grew in Lucy's mind. Sure she wasn't nearly as strong as them but, spicy food was nothing compared to her. And just them two judging for who she was with, wasn't nearly as helping. She thought of herself as a strong, independent, Fairy Tail wizard. And was she gonna let this "challenge" get off the hook like that? She definitely wasn't counting on it.

"Guess we'll find out then." She slipped out of Natsu's grasp and firmly placed her hands on the table with a confident glint in her eye. "Mira, get us another bowl of these chips."

Mira had known Lucy for quite a while now. She knew she was pretty sensitive to things similar like this. But she hasn't really seen her taste anything as spicy as these. For these were meant for Natsu, and she guesses Gray. Natsu was the main one who had loved its sting spicy taste along with its fire that was as strong as his. So by any chance, Mira was worried. But she didn't quite know how Lucy would react to the taste. She gulped and nodded. "Right!"

Mira placed the bowl in front of Lucy as Gray faced his friend who was so much of a sister to him. Judging by this situation, he wasn't sure if he should go all out or let her win.

"Gray," She scowled.

He breathed, "Yeah?"

"Don't you dare hold back." She rejoined.

Natsu gulped, "Luce, you sure about this?"

"I'm more than sure." The corners of her soft lips upturned.

"Listen, I love you, Luce, but you don't have to prove my point here—"

"And I love you too but I'm not trying to prove your point. I'm trying to prove my point. I've got it handled, don't worry."

"And Juvia is here to cheer you on, Gray-Sama! Defeat love-rival once and for all!" Juvia all of a sudden rejoined which returned a head-pat from Gray. "Thanks, Juvia." A small squeal was distant from the water-mage.

Natsu pecked Lucy's forehead and settled down back into his seat. "Okay! Ready? Three!"

"Two!"

"And one! Go!"

They both quickly dove into their bowls, filled with the spicy chips. Gray, whom has grown used to them, takes a handful and shoves it into his mouth, devouring it.

Natsu took a worried glance at his girlfriend but surprise filled his face as he saw her already almost done. He gaped his mouth and looked at Gray who wasn't even half way down. He heard a slam.

"Done!" Lucy stood up.

"What the heck?!" Erza exclaimed.

"You may wanna sit down Luce! You're starting to get a bit warm!" Natsu glanced at her red cheeks.

"Can't believe you actually ate them faster than Gray . . ." Happy gaped.

Gray swallowed, "HOW? And you didn't even gain any weight!" 

Lucy took in a heavy gulp, "Yeah, and I think I'm about to lose some." She quickly turned around and let out a retch. And including an unknown noise from Natsu. He breathed, "Yeah, those were kind of my feet."

Lucy let out a sad chuckle, "I'm sorry, Natsu." She included a small cough.

Happy cupped his mouth, "MIRA, I THINK LUCY'S PREGNANT. SHE JUST LET OUT HALF OF HER STOMACH ON THE FLOOR."

"WHAT THE HECK CAT."

Gray laughed, "Yeah, I think this contest wasn't such a good idea."

Natsu gently placed Lucy on the bench next to him as Mira cleaned the floor and awkwardly, his feet.

Erza rejoined a laugh, "Me neither. Are you okay, Lucy?"

Lucy smiled, "I could be better."

"You let Love-rival win!" Juvia exclaimed.

"I didn't mean to! She just devoured it faster than me!" Gray rose his hands in surrender. Meanwhile, Natsu held the blonde close to his shoulder as she drank water peacefully to herself.

"Are you sure you're okay?" Natsu questioned.

"Yes!" She responded, lowering the mug.

"You sure, you sure?"

"A hundred percent."

He looked down at her with a smile, "Your breath smells spicy."

Lucy sighed unintentionally, "Remind me to brush my teeth tonight."

"Nope!"

"Wh—" She was interrupted by the quickness of his lips compressed against hers. Of which she melted into soon enough.

He parted away, "For once, I actually like your breath!"

"HEY. DONT MAKE ME PUKE ON YOU AGAIN."

"Okay! Chill out!"

"That's funny because literally a minute ago, my throat was on fire."

"Wait!" Gray interrupted. "So, it was spicy for you?"

"Well, a little bit, yeah. I'm used to spicy stuff ever since Natsu moved in."

With that, she earned many understanding "Ohhh's" from the people around the table. Of which, she hadn't expected. Knowing them by now, they really should've understood the fact that she didn't throw up because it was too spicy for her. She threw up because she ate it too fast. Plus, it was a lot more than what she is used to eating, unlike Natsu and Gray.

"You guys really are pointless." Lucy sighed as Natsu smiled into the smell.