Sleepy Head

Hello everyone! I hope you'll enjoy this new one-shot!!

(Natsu and Lucy are already dating)

Lucy laid against the wall with a brow furrowed but with a sparkle in her brunette irises as she gazed at her boyfriend lay completely asleep in their hotel bed. It was all for a mission for they were with Gray and Juvia as well. And honestly, Lucy woke up about an hour ago and still he hadn't waken up yet. Well, he was still alive, just completely out. She could tell by his heavy yet adorable snores.

She sighed as she exited and met up with the other couple down stairs who appeared to be enjoying their breakfast whilst chatting about their plans for today. The blonde softly served a plate.

Gray glanced at Lucy, "Is he still not awake yet?"

"No, he's completely out." Lucy softly grinned as she finished serving the plate. "Maybe I can lure him with this."

Juvia daydreamed, "Oh~ You should do what Gray does to Juvia when Juvia doesn't wake up."

Lucy cocked a brow, "And what's that?"

Gray sighed, trying to avoid this story but with Juvia, the woman of which he loved. It wasn't terrible, just embarrassing for his matter. "When she doesn't wake up, I normally kiss her ear or cheek or anything like that."

Lucy awed, adored by their cuteness and relieved that Gray finally gave in to his feelings.

"Juvia loves it~ It's the perfect wake up call~"

Lucy grew a tick mark as she glanced away, "Yeah, I doubt Natsu's lured by any of that."

Juvia crossed her arms over the counter, "Love Rival should show her love to Natsu. Even if they are already together. At least, give it a try."

Lucy figures it wouldn't be as harmful to give it a try. But then again, if one were to really think about it, it wasn't necessarily her type of character. She let out a sigh. If it didn't work, she'll resort to the breakfast then they'll pick up from there. For the time being, she'll just listen to whatever the couple had said 'cause after all, they did know how to be affectionate. As with Natsu and Lucy, they had their own unique ways.

"I'll try it." Lucy grinned sweetly.

"Awe! Yay! Love Rival knows her way around now!" Juvia clapped.

Gray sweat-dropped, "With a person like Natsu, any surprise can really happen."

Lucy took that in for a moment. He was right. As complicated as Natsu was, Lucy did have to know how she was gonna do this in order to wake the sleeping dragon slayer. But once again, she breathed and softly placed the plate on the counter with breakfast on top of it. And with that, she quickly left the room and entered their bedroom. Of which, the blinds were slightly opened only allowing the creak of warm, sunlight into the room. And when she gazed back at the bed, she could only admire the dragon slayer's sleeping face. His mouth slightly parted as a grown escaped his lips as he tossed in his sleep and buried his head into the pillow of which a soft, cute score was heard. With full honesty, it was rare to get a front row seat to this type of viewing and she'll have to admit it, he was adorable as well as . . . Handsome? Would that be the right word? Whatever the right word was, she loved it. Not that she didn't see him everyday, it was just rare to see him so collected.

She swiftly slipped off her boots than she quietly placed her left knee on the bed as she softly placed a hand on his back as she crawled over to the other side. She placed her left hand on the back of his and lovingly ruffled his head as she moved closer to his ear, taking in a breath.

While still ruffling, she whispered, "Natsu, wake up~"

But sadly, that didn't seem to work. And to think, she worked on her best sweetest, whisper.

She tried again. Only, now she gave it a soft peck, which took her out of her comfort zone finally, and tried the whisper part once again. "Natsu~ It's twelve in the afternoon~ We're gonna miss the job~"

She waited for a response only to be welcomed with another turn, only, not as major as the other ones. He only slightly shifted his head.

Seeing her second try didn't work as well, she backed away and puffed her cheek in annoyance. Stopping the ruffling as well. She pondered of what else she could do until it got to her. It may just work, but she worried it may not at the same time. But she freed herself of worries and went it for it. She placed her left hand once again on the top of his head and begun to ruffle his hair as her other one went to his cheek as she softly poked it. She whispered, "Wake up, Natsu~"

And now, she waited for another response. And after a few seconds, she immediately regretted it. He did something, indeed. Only, when he did move, he turned to face her still with his eyes shut and pulled her in closely and tightly with his head resting right upon her chest as she attempted to force herself out.

"No, no, no~ It wasn't supposed to end like this~" She whined as she tried to pull away, only to be hugged tighter.

Natsu tiredly groaned, which was soon followed by a soft whine as he refused to let her go.

"Natsuu," Lucy whined quietly as she soon attempted to pull away.

She slowly gave in, taking a deep breath as she was already tired from fighting against his muscles. She huffed quietly as she soon glanced down at his sleepy head. Sweat-drops peppered his face and chest as he gave an uneasy face. Yes, he was tired but he always seemed worried in some type of way.

Once realized this, Lucy begun to raise her arms over him and pull him in tightly and place her head on top of his. She then shut her eyes softly and hugged him as tight as she can, hoping to just have him chill out. And to her luck, it did. He relaxed and quietly went back to a peaceful slumber as Lucy turned her head and glance back at him. He was only asking for a peaceful night and that finally happened when Lucy came in even if it was afternoon and not night.

A couple of minutes later of quietness, Natsu finally stirred awake and backed away, letting out a tiring yawn of which Lucy smiled small and sweetly at.

"Good morning," She softly uttered to him.

"Morning!" He exclaimed, kissing her cheek than sitting up, only to stretch. "I am ready for that job today." He spoke with confidence and quite a big simper.

"Really?" Lucy sweat-dropped.

"Mmhm!"

Lucy swiftly got up, only to hit him upside the head as he whined in pain. "Oi! What what was that for?"

Lucy glared him in the eyes, only centimeters close. "That's for not waking up on time, idiot!"

Natsu crossed his arms, "Pssh! I still woke up now, didn't I?" He spoke with a sassy tone.

Lucy snapped, "No! Don't pull that 'diva queen' crap on me!"

Natsu glanced back at her with a glint in his eyes, "You're beautiful."

"And don't go off topic either!" She exclaimed with the smallest of a blush on her fair cheeks.

And with no hesitation nor warning, did Natsu pull her in quickly for a passionate kiss. He moved his hand behind her back and pulled her in, compressing his warm lips against hers as she froze to process it all for a second. As for Natsu, he took it slow and begun to move his lips with hers as she found herself absent-mindlessly melting in. For what seemed like for a long while, they finally parted as a bright grin graced Natsu's lips proudly as Lucy sat confused with an even broader blush upon her fair cheeks.

"You can never go off topic to tell someone they look beautiful." He grinned.

As the broad blush caked her cheeks, Lucy took in a quick breath and glanced away for only a mere second before turned around and swiftly wrapping her arms around his neck and pulling him in for only another yet more passionate kiss that he happily melted into. And despite the heavy blush upon Lucy's cheeks, let's just say she now has a new way to wake up the sleepy dragon slayer in the morning when his body won't.