I Wouldn't

Hello everyone! I hope you're all ready for a new update!!! Please enjoy!!

{Requested by @AllUsernamesInvalid}
P.S I deeply apologize for the slow update.

❗️ TW: Starvation

(Natsu and Lucy are not already dating)

"Was this a good idea?" Natsu thought as he stared at the empty plate in front of him. He nodded, "Yeah, of course it was. Luce knows best."

Back Story

It was a normal morning of course where of which Lucy made breakfast. She served it right however, she's been feeling odd and of which, she felt almost as if she was losing control. But of course she just ignored it and fought through. Little did she know, she really shouldn't have ignored it.

There was a point where everything just flashed like a camera flash. And suddenly, she felt completely numb.

However, she continued doing everything else. Like her normal body. The only difference this body did was throw away half the food and serve only one plate.

She than brought the plate over to the table than gently placed it down before heading over to Natsu who found himself slumped all over the couch shirtless.

After the smelling the delicious aroma, Natsu was straight up awake as he glanced at Lucy head towards him. He plastered on a huge grin.

"What's for breakfast?" He questioned happily.

Lucy furrowed a brow, "Huh?"

"Breakfast!"

"Oh," she chuckled. "Speaking of which, I have a question."

Natsu crosses his legs, "Shoot."

"You. . . Trust me, right? You will do whatever for me, right?" She questioned with a dull glint.

"Yeah. . ?" Natsu became worried.

"Does that include fire?"

He nodded uncertainly.

"How about fighting?"

He nodded again.

"How about your own health? Like. . . Food?"

Natsu hesitated but he nodded. He glanced at her seriously, "Why?"

She ignored his question, "Can you prove it?"

Natsu chuckled, "What? You want me to starve myself?!"

Lucy sighed, "I guess you really won't do anything for me."

Natsu hiccuped, seeing that he had somehow "messed up". Whatever he did, he felt guilty regardless unknown about it. So, he quickly grabbed her wrist and turned her around to look at him. She furrowed a curious brow even though deep inside she knew she managed to do the job well and even deeper, was just one spark of truth.

Natsu breathed, "I'll do it."

End of Back Story

Natsu continued to stare at the plate before him. A growl rumbled in his stomach but no, he couldn't, he can't, he made a promise to Luce about three days ago and he cannot break it or else she'll get mad. In full honesty, he's never seen this side of Lucy before. The side where she would force someone to suffer, knowing of how much she means to him.

Natsu whined as he shoved his head in his crossed arms.

And he can't even believe that she said she would leave him if he told anyone about what she made him do. So nowadays, he just came up with the excuse of, "Oh! I just ate a lot before I came here!" And when he did say that, that only made his stomach grumble even more.

And so, now he sits alone at Lucy's house with an empty stomach. Too empty. He felt so. . . Dead? Empty? Sick? Whatever word fitted, he hated the feeling so much but he supposed it's what he had to do to please her because he loved her. Even if she doesn't love him back.

He gently rubbed his ankles together in agony as he let out another whine.

"I want food. . . " He whimpered quietly, quiet so she can't hear him.

That was until he heard a loud smash! He startled him enough to jump from the chair and look frantically around. He glanced at the door and realized it was Lucy. But. . . Different. She quickly slammed the door behind and laid her back against it in such pain. Her hands were gripped her head with pain as she groaned. Her eyes were shut tight to help ease it.

Natsu then scurried to her side and placed a hand on her shoulder and help comfort her until all the pain was gone. When all you could hear was heavy pants and soft whimpers. Lucy glanced at him with a worried look. "What are you doing here?" She spoke softly as she was still grateful for his presence.

"Y-You told me to stay here. To keep an eye on me." Natsu muttered.

"So the idiot obeys. . . " The voice echoed in Lucy's head as she punched her self quickly.

"Luce! What's wrong?!" He exclaimed.

Lucy glanced at him once again, "Natsu, why would I-I need to keep an eye on you? I mean, sure you're destructive and all but why at evening?"

Natsu gulped, "You wanted to make sure I wouldn't go and eat something? Are you okay?"

Lucy nodded, "No, no. Natsu, I would never make you do that. How long has this been happening?"

"Three days. Three days since you've told me to stave myself." He grinned sadly, "And I obeyed! That's good, right?"

"No! What makes you think that's okay?!" Lucy cried.

"I had to prove t-that I would do a-anything for you." Natsu said, shaken from her raised voice.

"You don't need to prove anything," She rested her hands softly on his cheeks. "I already know, okay?"

He nodded, "Then, why did you tell me to starve myself?"

Lucy grinned small, "I still have some possession on me since the last mission. But Wendy said that the spell she put on me should take it away in a bit."

Natsu soon gave an overjoyed grin, "Does this mean I can eat?"

Lucy giggled, "Yup."

And with that, Natsu soon got up and started to cheer out of happiness. However, before he ever did pull out any type of food, he did one more thing.

He quickly leaned down and placed his hands on Lucy's waist, pulling her in for a compassionate kiss. It took her a good while to comprehend of what was going on but when she did, and that was when he just went for it and started to move in synch with her lips, she begun to melt in and move her lips along as well, casually drawing in as well, and even wrapping her arms around his neck.

He than helped her up to her feet as they still continued the kiss. And when they finished, Lucy took a quick breath and covered her mouth with her hands, even a heavy blanket of blush caking her fair cheeks.

Natsu smiled his signature grin, "That's for all those times you were the Lucy I love!" He then grew closer and wrapped his arms around her waist, passionately kissing her cheek. "And that's for being an even more amazing Lucy today!"

And with that, Lucy lost it. A tear prickled down her cheek as a grin poked at her lips. Natsu soon became panicked, unsure of whatever he did to cause this. Lucy sniffed, "Tell me this is real."

Natsu happily sighed and grinned, "Of course it's real, Luce." And with that, he embraced her into a tight and long hug as she let out a soft sob on his shoulder, him kissing her head every so often just to assure her that he wasn't going anywhere.