Vol.9 Ch.19: She Who Dodges Everything

Start from the beginning

"Just a thought," Vincent started. "Maybe he's wary about me and the Vanishing Phantom being nearby?"

"Possible," Yuel agreed. "He does come across as the type who pretends to be confident and aggressive, yet hides away at the first sign of danger."

"Tch, so he's wussing on me?" Kai clicked her tongue. They finally arranged a great opportunity for Kai to 1v1 this bastard and get a kill, yet the bastard chickened out.

"I wouldn't say he's being a wuss," Yuel said. "It's a legit concern. I was considering asking Nia to gank Bot in case something goes wrong with the duel."

"Wait, you don't trust me to beat that bastard?"

"I..." Can't tell for sure, honestly. I don't know how strong he is. The last time they fought, they seemed pretty evenly matched. But, it was a wild brainless exchange of blows, so that data doesn't work as a reference.

That was Yuel's objective analysis of the situation. But, his lips remained sealed. He had a gut feeling. If he shares his real opinion, it gonna set Kai off. It won't do the team any favors.

It was of utmost importance for the team to maintain high morale and good relationships. Yuel was there before, he witnessed StormBlitz's second-string crumbling apart due to internal arguments. The trigger for it was a couple of small in-fights, which accumulated into a huge blowout. Yuel refused to be a catalyst for another such tragedy.

"It was just plan B," Yuel said. "In case something goes wrong with the duel, I wanted Nia to be nearby and gank."

"So, you admit you don't 100% trust me to beat that fucker."

"Ugh..." What a tough customer this girl was.

"Don't worry about it, dude," Lars interjected. "Yuel always comes up with plan B, C, D, and all the way to Z probably. He always be trying to cover all possibilities like that."

"Yeah, I guess," Kai wasn't entirely convinced but she dropped the topic for now.

Kai seems very touchy about this fight. Yuel thought. Is it like a personal vendetta for her? That guy sure said some nasty things to her before the match, so I get where she's coming from.

There was still one way to arrange her desired 1v1. However, it involved a risk. Yuel had to completely trust Kai to come on top in the fight, or else she'll wind up dead.

Well, we got some leverage here, so we can take a risk or two. Yuel thought. Not exactly the healthiest way to come up with plays, but they had breathing room to act a little wilder than normal. No to mention, if Kai nails this one and the team gets yet another kill, they'll pretty much have the match in the bag at that point. Such an overwhelming early-game advantage will be nigh impossible to overcome.

"There's one way we can reassure their Pirate that we won't gank," Yuel said. "Nia, Vincent, do you mind rotating together to Mid? Let's see if we can start a big push there."

"Works for me," Vincent said.

"Um, I don't have any skills," Nia pointed out. She spent her entire kit on the recent gank against the Lionfolk, so everything was on cooldown.

"It's okay, I don't expect you to get a kill there," Yuel said. "I just want you to help push the Turret there, since Lars isn't making much progress."

"Hey, hey!" Lars objected. "I'm totally winning here! Believe it, yo!"

"Anyway," Yuel continued. "The goal isn't to get a kill, but just to get lane advantage. Also, I want you to rotate along this path." He drew on the mini-map.