Vol.11 Ch.22: Everybody Is Strong on the Competitive Stage

"Hey Nash!" Jaiden called out. "Forget that Viking guy. He's already dead. Go chase the girl."

"Wait, I just gonna get this kill real quick." Nash thrust his lance through the Viking's back. I'm the one who initiated this gank, so of course, I gotta be the one who gets the kill!

"Forget the kill," Jaiden said. "If you don't chase the Sorcerer, she gonna get away."

"Nuuuu, but my kill!"

"Are you five or something?" Rio made face. "I'm pretty sure they cover this kind of math in kindergarten, but in case you didn't know: two is more than one. Meaning, two kills are better than one."

"What the-? Of course I know that!"

"Then act on it.".

"Yeah, c'mon, man," Jaiden urged as well.

"Tch, fine." Nash grumped as he shifted his focus toward the Sorcerer in the distance.

Sorcerer didn't have any escape tools, and Nash's Sweep slowed her down when he started this gank. So, that chick hasn't gotten too far away yet.

But, Jai and Rio got a point. Nash agreed. If I spend any more time on this 100% dead Viking, I won't be able to catch up to the chick. I better get there pronto!

And so, Nash broke into a run! This sudden action naturally alarmed the enemy.

"Nani!? Impossible!" Vincent exclaimed. The Lancer ceased attacking and went straight ahead, heading in Kai's direction! "Beat, watch out! The Lancer is hot on your trail!"

"Got it," Kai answered. It was good to know, but there wasn't much she could do with this information. She didn't have any escape tools or any immediate CC that could slow down the pursuer. I only got my orbs and ult. And, none of them is going to make it easier to escape.

All Kai could do was continue running. She basically had to pray that the Lancer won't be able to catch up to her. Alas, her prayers fell on deaf ears...

Stomp. Stomp. Stomp. It was the sound of metallic boots hitting against the ground.

Stomp. Stomp. Stomp. Quick steps, much faster than Kai's. Even after the slowdown from Lancer's Sweep wore off, Kai's legs couldn't compete with the speed of this pursuer.

Stomp. Stomp. STOMP. The metallic sounds drew closer. The predator was about to reach for her back. Even though Vincent fought so hard to keep all three enemies at bay, one speed monster slipped by and was about to murder Kai from behind.

He's already so close!? Kai grit her teeth. A shudder ran through her.

It was StormMonster, or "Storm Chaser" as Vincent labeled him. A predator who never let his prey escape alive. He was the kind of guy who'd chase his target to the ends of the earth.

Until now, Kai thought this was one of Vincent's typical exaggerations. She has never had the opportunity to be chased down by StormMonster until now.

Now I see what's the hype all about. Kai gulped. This pressure is something else.

StormMonser was the ultimate predator, fast and oppressive. His mere presence piled boundless pressure on Kai's back. It felt like a wild bear was chasing her down. And, the moment that beast catches up, he'll tear Kai apart on the spot.

STOMP. STOMP. STOMP. The metallic sounds grew louder. StormMonster was already here! The metallic sounds were chasing Kai down along with the pursuer.

And then - silence. The metallic sounds stopped without notice, indicating that the Lancer wasn't chasing any longer.

But, it's not like he gave up. It was the calm before the storm.