Vol.14 Ch.15: Resource Analysis

BAM! Lars's third shot assuredly hit the drone and eliminated it.

However, he couldn't see any of it. Why? Because his entire screen was covered in pure white!

"This is kinda bad, yo!" Lars shifted his attention to Yuel's screen in order to see what was actually going on. It was even worse than he expected!

As soon as the light exploded, Winner summoned a drone behind his back and advanced on Lars. The AbsoluteDudes were planning to double-team Lars all along, yoooooo!

"Don't worry, I got your back." Yuel cast Gaia's Protection on Lars. At this early stage of the game, the shield could absorb more than a couple of hits.

"Thanks, my dude!" A confident grin returned to Lars's face.

With a thicc shield protecting him, he didn't have to worry about the enemy's duo attack. However, that didn't mean he was in any position to fight back against the AbsoluteDudes.

"Okay, I'm out!" Lars announced his plan to retreat. "But, before I go..."

BAM! He fired one more shot while backpedaling from the danger zone. His target? The drone dude who was chilling behind Winner's back.

Bullseye! Lars grinned in satisfaction. He fired that shot from a perspective that was far from ideal, but he was used to shenanigans like this. After all, he and Yuel practiced situations like this plenty.

Against classes that could cover up Lars's screen, he trained himself to immediately switch to Yuel's monitor. And, Yuel was also used to these situations.

I have to remember not to turn around. Yuel slowly backpedaled from the scene, making sure to keep the enemies within his field of view. He was Lars's eyes right now, so he had to make sure Lars could catch all the important details.

ZAP. ZAP. WHISH. The enemy spared no time assaulting Lars. The Droid and his drone fired lasers, and the Lumimancer backed them up with balls of light.

All three attacks struck against the defensive branches covering Lars. But, even with all their powers combined, the hits weren't enough to penetrate Gaia's Protection.

Obviously, that didn't make the enemy happy.

"Man, this shield!" Ronald ranted. "Cheapest thing I've ever seen, word!"

"Yeah..." William gave a half-hearted response.

Of course, he didn't appreciate the shield blocking his damage either. However, his attention was focused elsewhere, on something far more troubling. And, that something became even more concerning in the next moment.

BAM! Gunz fired in William's direction again. However, the bullet wasn't aimed at William himself. Instead, it targeted the drone floating behind him.

And, the shot was spot on! After these two hits, the drone was on the verge of falling apart.

He just hit my drone. Again. It was an undeniable fact. Gunz hit the mark twice in a row.

Of course, that's to be expected from that sharpshooter under normal circumstances. But, this situation was different.

He should be blinded. William frowned. How can he aim like this without seeing?

And, the mystery extended beyond just shooting accuracy. As William, his drone, and Ronald were about to shoot Gunz again - the guy rolled away in the nick of time! It's almost as if he saw the shots coming and waited for the best moment to make his move.

"What the-!?" Ronald gritted his teeth. Was that just a lucky guess? No, that doesn't seem right...

Coincidence? Luck? Could vague concepts like that truly explain the feats Gunz was pulling off?