Vol.11 Ch.30: Jaiden's Bitter Struggle

Jaiden and Rio returned to base. The plan was to gear up and head straight to Bot in order to help Raymond defend, but something was odd.

"Hey look, they're spreading themselves thin," Jaiden pointed out. "They got lone pushers everywhere except in Bot."

In Bot Lane, Gunz and LegendaryMemer were pushing together. They rotated to the lane shortly after taking the Dragon and continued working together there. This was the right way to do things.

On the other hand, in Top, Chessmaster was defending alone. Likewise, in Mid, Beat was pushing the lane all by herself.

It was a dangerous formation for the mid-game. During such a critical stage of the game, when a single misplay could cost the entire game, Stratus was spreading itself very thin. These guys were a cocky bunch.

"Is it just me, or they're pressing their advantage a little too much?" Jaiden asked. "I know this is a 3v4 situation and all, but c'mon. They can't just push like that and pretend there won't be any consequences."

"You're right, it's a risky formation," Raymond agreed. "And honestly, it's quite troublesome for us. Especially, the Sorcerer pushing Mid is a problem. She'll take the Mid Turret soon."

"We can't let her get away with this," Jaiden insisted. "It's robbery in broad daylight!"

"Yes, it is. But, I say let her be," Raymond said. "If one tower is all we have to pay to pull through a 3v4 situation, then so be it. We're lacking in manpower, so we have no choice but to concede something to the enemy. Let's minimize risks and focus on defense until the rest of the team revives."

"I don't like that," Jaiden argued. "We gotta punish stuff like that. If we pass on opportunities like this, they'll steal all our map control. Especially, that cocky Sorcerer in Mid is pushing her luck."

"It's a valid concern. But, intercepting the Sorcerer means taking a risk, and we're in no position to take risks."

"C'mon, what risk?" Jaiden asked. "The enemy is scattered all over the place. The Slinger and Knight are in Bot, so you're keeping an eye on them. And, their Aqua is all the way up in Top, he isn't gonna get to Mid in time to try anything. I don't see any danger."

"I agree," Raymond said. "They probably won't be able to you gank there. But, aren't you forgetting the main threat in this entire idea?"

"Main threat?" Jaiden cocked his head. "I can't say anything comes to mind."

"The Sorcerer herself," Rio provided the answer.

"Exactly." Raymond nodded. "You'll have to confront the Sorcerer, that's the risk."

"Oh, that's it?" Jaiden smiled confidently. "No problem. She's not going to kill me if that's what you're worried about."

"She did kill Nash," Rio pointed out.

"Yeah, but only because Nash done goofed,"

"It was just a little accident!" Nash jumped to defend himself. "Next time, I'mma kill her no problem! And, that Memer Knight too, for good measure!"

"Yeah, anyway," Jaiden continued. "I won't make that kind of mistake. She won't have a chance to pull her resonance shtick on me."

"But, if she does, you'll die," Raymond pointed out. "It's risky."

"C'mon, you guys worry too much. It's not like I'm planning to seriously fight her or anything. I just wanna scare her away so she stops pushing Mid. Besides, she's been playing pretty defensively the entire game, right? I'm sure she'll retreat the moment she sees me."