Vol.14 Ch.17: Gunz vs. Winner

After Challenger recalled to base and Yuel departed to Mid, Lars and Winner remained alone in Bot.

Okay, let's get the little dudes out of the way real quick. Lars approached the enemy frontline and unleashed Backfire Cannon, blasting the entire minion wave while pushing himself away.

It was an aggressive opening, one that made his intentions very clear.

So, you want to compete. William nodded. What a coincidence because I want the exact same thing. He summoned two Assault Drones behind his back. Let's see which of us really deserves the No. 2 spot...!

BAM! A bullet came flying at him as soon as he finished summoning the drones. And, as always, the bullet wasn't directed at him.

The shot targeted one of the drones behind William's back, and it connected perfectly as always.

Impressive. William admitted. But, that's not enough to stop me.

He fearlessly advanced toward the minion wave in order to place the enemies within the drones' attack range. Of course, this move made it that much easier for Gunz to shoot the drones, but it's fine. This was how a duel between a Droid and a Pirate had to go.

I just have to move around a lot to make it hard for him. William thought. I've already got a good idea of how he moves, so I'm sure I can space him out.

And so, William moved around in an arc while firing lasers at the enemy minions. And, since he made sure to stay close enough to the enemies, his drones provided supporting fire from behind. Combined, their shots melted the enemy minions one by one.

Meanwhile, Gunz did his best to chase the drones. But, it wasn't as easy as it sounded.

The guy had to constantly split his attention between shooting minions and shooting drones. Fortunately for him, the Attack Speed he built via Ninja Tabi made the task that much easier.

Okay, so I shoot this dude. Lars sniped a swordsman in the head to secure a last-hit. And then, I'm in range to shoot this drone! He turned 90 degrees and instantly fired at one of the drones!

He spent practically zero time on aiming this quick shot because he constantly kept tabs on Winner from the corner of his eye. This transition from shooting a swordsman to shooting a drone was so instantaneous that even Winner failed to react to it in time.

Tch, I can't dodge this one. William grimaced.

He tried his best to sidestep the shot on reaction but he wasn't fast enough. There were zero telegraphs about this quick shot coming, so William barely had any time to react.

One thing I have to admit. William conceded. The way he can switch between targets on the fly without wasting any time is quite impressive. In terms of mechanical skill, I can agree he might be a little better than me overall. But, can he do THIS?

It was time to reveal a technique that William has been concealing until now. He had no reason to use it in the previous scrims because his opponents were too weak to bother, but Gunz was definitely worth the effort.

And so, William fired a laser beam as soon as he finished the sidestep. As usual, his drones followed suit with beams of their own.

Then, as soon as William finished firing the shot, he quickly sidestepped again. Likewise, his drones moved along with him after a brief delay.

BAM! A bullet came flying in his direction, but it just barely missed the drone it was targeting.

"Geh!" Lars made a face. "So close, yooo! How did he even do that???"