Vol.13 Ch.28: Enforcing Fair Odds

So, it's just Dan this time. Ignis shrugged. Her lane opponent for the next round was none other than the enemy Jungler, defending the lane all alone.

I was planning to blast that Chinese brat to pieces, but he had to stand me up like this. Damn, who am I supposed to vent this anger on!?

And so, Ignis unleashed her fury on the enemy minions. She pushed the swordsmen to the backline with Fearless Charge, then exploded on the entire enemy squad with the shield from War Cry. This was a different farming routine, less optimized but more aggressive.

With this method, the bowmen didn't get a taste of her Fearless Charge, so they survived the shield explosion with moderate HP. That slowed down the farming overall speed, but it opened doors to new types of plays.

By pushing the entire enemy wave to the backline and clearing out the frontline, the bowmen were now wide open to be assaulted by Ignis's entire army. In other words, with this aggressive approach, Ignis penetrated the enemy's defenses and was about to destroy them from point-blank!

That should do it. Ignis cut down the last swordsman. Now, only the enemy bowmen remained. I don't care about these scrubs. Time to get to the main dish.

Ignis turned her back on the enemy bowmen and sprinted at Dan. The kid was still in the middle of attacking Ignis's advancing minions, so it took him a moment to notice her intentions.

"Oh snap!" Dan jumped. "She's coming at me!"

"Run," Howard advised immediately. "She must be out for blood. You won't last long against her when she gets like this."

"Haha, as if I'd last long against her any other day. Your sis is a beast." Dan chuckled nervously. He braced for impact and began his retreat.

That was rather a speedy shot-call. Jin commented. As I thought, the captain here is a league above the rest. He's always quick to issue defensive orders to everybody, although he plays a little too safe on occasions. There are many similarities with Cato's shot-calling too, but at least it's not as turtly. Is this the west's meta?

Out of all the players on this team, the captain was the only one who seemed somewhat reliable. Compared to him, the Jungler defending Jin's lane right now was a sad excuse of a clown. Jin had to pray for this guy to not screw everything up...

"Please make sure you don't die," Jin implored.

"Haha, are you worried about little ol' me?" Dan smiled. "I'm so moved, man. It's a shame you gonna be our opponent later down the line. You seem like a cool dude."

"Hrm." Jin didn't respond to that praise, for it was completely off the mark.

Normally, he couldn't care less about what happens to a weak player like Average. However, the guy was tasked with defending Jin's lane right now, so his actions might have consequences for Jin as well.

I can't have him die. Jin thought. It'll give Ignis an edge.

That woman was already a difficult opponent to deal with. So, if she gets ahead in exp and gold, it'll become nigh impossible for Jin to catch up.

Maybe I made mistake. Jin thought. I shouldn't have asked this clown to defend the lane. As absurd as it sounds, it might have been better to just let Ignis push one wave for free. I would have lost a lot of tower HP, but it's still better than feeding Ignis.

That's how little faith Jin had in Average. It was a sad mentality that often came hand in hand with playing alongside inferior players. It was hard getting used to it.