Vol.14 Ch.31: A Jungler Who Can't Babysit Mid

The enemy frontline was gone and only one bowman remained in the rear. Despite Kai's suboptimal execution of the advanced Bomber tech, she and Yuel still cleared the lane quickly enough to transition into a strong push.

"Let's go!" Kai shot down the bowman and marched forward along the lane, leading her army behind her.

"Don't get carried away," Yuel warned. "Their Lion is going to arrive at any moment."

"Yeah, I know. But, I don't think he gonna attack. These guys are some of the worst turtles I've ever seen. They never attack."

"Yes, it seems they're not too fond of starting fights. But still, it's dangerous to extend like this. Slow down a little."

"Why, though? You're here to bail me out if something happens, right?"

"Well, yes, that's part of the plan."

"So, I'm counting on you."

"Is that so..." Yuel sighed with a wry smile. He had conflicted feelings about this.

On one hand, it felt like Kai shoved all the responsibility on him. But, on the other hand, it meant Kai trusted him to back her up.

Just a few months ago, an interaction like this would have been unthinkable. However, slowly but surely, Kai was getting used to the idea of relying on teammates. So, in light of that...

"Okay, fine." Yuel conceded. "Let's push, but don't stray too far from me. I won't be able to 'bail you out' if I can't cast my shield on you."

"Got it."

And so, they pressed ahead along with the minion army.

All the soldiers were injured to one degree or another from Aeromancer's Whirlwind, but they all lived. So, this push was packing an entire minion wave!

Naturally, the enemy had to respond to this threat on the double. They couldn't allow a brigade like this to invade the tower area.

"They're pushing," Matthew informed.

"Yep, sure looks like it." Cato frowned. "My, what an annoying offense."

"You're going to help out, right?"

"What choice do I have? As awkward as this exchange is going to be, I have to be there to defend. They really put us between a rock and a hard place."

The Druid's presence in Mid was quite the eyesore. He could keep the Bomber safe with Gaia Shield and he discouraged any ganks with the threat of Nature's Grasp.

What's more, he had "Awaken the Ents" that could turn the incoming push into a devastating one. In fact, it was pretty much assured that Yuel will summon the Ents at some point during this push.

I have to discourage that. Cato leapt out of the jungle and crashed on the swordsmen that has just invaded the tower area. This play put him within the range of Druid's Nature's Grasp, but it was a risk he had to take. I have to stop this offense in its tracks, right here and now.

Of course, there was no chance the enemy would pass on a juicy opportunity like this.

"He's here! Pull him!" Kai requested as soon as the Lionfolk jumped in. Alas, Yuel didn't respond in time.

The Lionfolk crashed on their swordsmen and immediately rolled away to safety. It all happened in a matter of one second. Yuel completely missed the opportunity.

"Why didn't you pull him!?" Kai complained.

"I couldn't," Yuel explained. "For one, my reaction speed isn't as good as yours. And, even if it was, I'd still have to predict exactly where he was going to land, which wasn't easy to do."